FAKE Bottega Veneta from Bergdorf Goodman

my husband called them yesterday and explained about the situation. they were apologetic and they weren't accusing us as scammers... they can't do that! if so, OMG... i don't even wanna think about it.. :nono:
i don't think this is the first time that has happened to them... just my feeling..
when i exchanged my chanel bag at Saks last year, they didn't even check the bag that i was returning. they just scanned the box and exchanged the bag for me. :smash:

It's really frustrating and sad, I'm sorry that happened to you, kim77. Hope the return process is smooth and BG does something about this issue, and most of all, hope you get your ebano veneta soon!

When you order from BG ONLINE, your item gets picked by a warehouse clerk who knows nothing about designer bags or designer anything for that matter, they pack it and ship it, when an item gets returned, they put it back into it's slot and process the refund, they do not check to see if it is authentic.

I agree--I don't think the warehouse clerks look really at anything and don't have the knowledge or training to know what they seeing even if they did look at something.

I ordered a Prada gaufre from NM online before Christmas and when I received the bag it was another designer bag (can't remember who) who had a bag that was also named "gaufre". But the bag was completely different, the price was different, and the designer was completely different.

When I spoke to NM online about it they determined that the bag I got had been put in the wrong place in the warehouse--where the Prada bag was supposed to be. The person who pulled it to pack the order apparently just pulled whatever was in the space and didn't check to ensure it was the right item.

^i failed to focus on the fact that this was purchased online -- now it makes more sense why you got the wrong color (and a fake). i think this is one reason some designers (like chanel) don't allow their merchandise to be purchased online -- there is simply no quality control. i wouldn't place to much blame on bg because mistakes happen with every online retailer -- it's just the nature of the beast.

I'm not disagreeing with what you say, LT bag lady, but BG couldn't even send the right color!

They probably got the bag back and just restocked it according to the item #, which was for a Large Ebano Veneta. If the clerk is working with numbers, they do not know the style & color associated with a specific item number. I don't blame the clerk, I blame the restocking procedure.

I thought about BG, Saks, & NM using security tags like Bluefly and concluded they will not do it b/c they take anything back... They offer excellent customer service and would not refuse a return b/c the tag was missing. They take used items back. My NM SA told me she had an impossible to find Chanel, b/c it has been returned with a broken zipper and was out for repair, upon return from repairs, it would go back on the selling floor at full price!!! I wonder how many bags we have purchased that have been returned after being used and repaired? Unfortunately, even touching it won't guarantee you a 'new' bag. Very sad, but at fault is the no questions asked customer service policy some of these retailers have.

kim77, so sorry that this happened to you and hopefully all will be solved without hassle.

The whole thing about the fake bags from these prestigious online retailers really scares me. I will definitely stick to the boutiques for designer items...

I believed this is not the first time BG makes this terrible mistake. I recalled reading a thread somewhere here where a similar case to another tp'fer.:Push:

Though BG might be a reputable online retailer, imho, for this mistakes to keep happening again, they should have implement certain measures and not to use the excuse of warehouse clerk of not knowing anything.:peace:

my husband called them yesterday and explained about the situation. they were apologetic and they weren't accusing us as scammers... they can't do that! if so, OMG... i don't even wanna think about it.. :nono:
i don't think this is the first time that has happened to them... just my feeling..
when i exchanged my chanel bag at Saks last year, they didn't even check the bag that i was returning. they just scanned the box and exchanged the bag for me. :smash:

:nogood::Push:

It would only take them a few mins to inspect the bag.:yes:

I just don't get it...why would anyone by a BV bag (or any designer) at any place but the actual boutique. Yes, yes, talk to me about points or dept. store exclusives all you want, but with as many authenticity issues that I've been reading about on here and Prada, I will never ever buy from a dept. store - never have and never will.

I was the person who received the fake bag from Saks.com about a month ago. They have refused to credit my account claiming they never carried the bag they sent me and I immediately returned to them!!! They refused to even acknowledge the bag they sent was not even the style I ordered. Shame on these companies for not realizing they have a BIG problem with designer bag orders. Now I am left with a legal battle!

Sorry to hear this, it´s really disappointing. Let us know what happend with the legal battle.

I was the person who received the fake bag from Saks.com about a month ago. They have refused to credit my account claiming they never carried the bag they sent me and I immediately returned to them!!! They refused to even acknowledge the bag they sent was not even the style I ordered. Shame on these companies for not realizing they have a BIG problem with designer bag orders. Now I am left with a legal battle!

Oh no...Sorry to hear that too.
Hope it will work out for you.

Good to hear that : )
It would be terrible if you got blamed as a scammer.
I never thought about that at all.