fake bags....

Loganz said:
It seems I am the last to know about ioffer...I was curious because based on what I was reading on another board I thought it was like Ebay - but, holy cow - type in Balenciaga - or any brand for that matter - and you are accosted with hundreds of fakes.

It really makes me wonder if some of the people who speak out against fakes secretly own one.
I have admitted I have purchased some two years ago. If I never bought them, I wouldn't really have gotten into handbags at all and be inclined to learn about all the different brands. One that I will never get rid of is the one fake that my BF got me when he and his class went to an art museum in NYC for his college art class. He and his Vietnamese friend went to a store and asked if they have designer handbags. The woman whipped out fake LVs and he said not that one and went to another store. His Vietnamese friend asked him why that wasn't it and he said, "We don't want LV. I'm looking for a kate spade." I just :cry: when I asked him how he did it and he told me cause never in my life would I have thought that he would go out and look a handbag for me that I liked and actually know what I liked (I'm not into LV back then).

I actually own several fake LV's. One I bought in Chinatown 2 years ago it was a pouchette, and my friend bought a fake Prada, it was just something random to do and we wanted them so badly and we didn't know the difference. Another one I bought for $5 (black Murakami pouchette) at her school's Christmas Fair, they had like 8 vendors selling fake bags. The other 2 I bought a month ago, my friends and I all bought them, its was a bonding thing, one is a very bad fake Speedy (thinking of selling it on Ebay but I'll tell people its a replica) for school, and a denim bag (the one with the red leather and clasp closure) for work because I work at a theater and my uniform is a red shirt and black pants and I wanted a bag that stands out, looks nice, and I can fit my flashlight in, so I bought it. I don't claim they're real though, the 2 pouchettes I never carry, I haven't carried the Speedy yet, and the denim, when my co-workers ask me about it I say that I got it in Chinatown. But its pathetic when girls that know their LVs are fake flaunt them in school like they're real, I know mine are fake and I'll admit to it. So I have mixed opinions on them, I like them, but I don't, if that makes any sense.

you can't sell it on ebay as a replica, its still against their counterfeit policy. I know cuz I tried to get rid of this fake prada top I was scammed into buying and my listing got removed even though I made it clear that it was a cheap knockoff. their rules say that you can't list something unless you're positive it's authentic.
too bad people don't follow the rules.

i'm a believer in the "if you can't afford the real one buy something else (as in another bag by someone else, not a fake)" philosophy. i understand that not everyone has the same amount of money to spend on things like handbags, and that's fine. but, in that case, there are many nice less expensive handbags out there that are not knock offs of designer ones.