Fairly New at this....Am I allowed?

If she sells it to a buyer who initially saw it on Ebay and Ebay finds out, she could be reported and then suspended. Ebay has strict rules about this. Off ebay transactions are considered fee avoidance. (when you've previously listed it, of course)

But if she didn't bid in the auction and contacted the seller after the auction is over, then eBay has no jurisdiction on the sale.

Fee avoidance is more like selling the item for $2 but charging $100 shipping. The actual cost of the item was $95 + $7 shipping. THIS is fee avoidance.

The OP's auction was over when she was contacted about the item, so in her case it is not fee avoidance.

Here are some examples:

Circumventing Fees

But if she didn't bid in the auction and contacted the seller after the auction is over, then eBay has no jurisdiction on the sale.

Fee avoidance is more like selling the item for $2 but charging $100 shipping. The actual cost of the item was $95 + $7 shipping. THIS is fee avoidance.

The OP's auction was over when she was contacted about the item, so in her case it is not fee avoidance.

Here are some examples:

Circumventing Fees

Well, of course eBay would have no legal claim to get fees from an item that was sold outside of their bounds, but if they find out you sold to a buyer who you were connected with because of your ebay auction, and then you arrange to sell it to them outside of ebay, I'm pretty sure this violates their terms of service. They can suspend/ban the buyer and seller.

If you agreed a price with the first buyer then it is very difficult to go back on a deal. However, if you did not agree to accept her offer you are free to relist & leave open to bids.

Well, of course eBay would have no legal claim to get fees from an item that was sold outside of their bounds, but if they find out you sold to a buyer who you were connected with because of your ebay auction, and then you arrange to sell it to them outside of ebay, I'm pretty sure this violates their terms of service. They can suspend/ban the buyer and seller.

If you read the link that I posted there are no eBay rules about selling outside of eBay once the auction has ended without a winner.

Here are some examples:

Circumventing Fees

Here's a link to a page describing what I'm talking about: Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay

It gives several examples, but the upshoot is that if someone got information about something that you have for sale, you cannot sell it to them without going through ebay. They talk about the potential for fraud on the seller's or buyer's part. Also, it states "Additionally, these offers circumvent eBay's fees, which creates an unlevel playing field for sellers who do not circumvent eBay fees." I think that they are talking about listing fees, final fees, etc... Fee circumvention is not just overcharging for postage.

The potential buyer never would have known about the item for sale had the seller not listed it on Ebay. I'm not saying that the OP did this at all, but in some cases, a potential buyer may contact a seller about an item and they agree to conduct a transaction outside of ebay. Therefore, the seller does not have to pay the final value fee.

Here's a link to a page describing what I'm talking about: Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay

It gives several examples, but the upshoot is that if someone got information about something that you have for sale, you cannot sell it to them without going through ebay. They talk about the potential for fraud on the seller's or buyer's part. Also, it states "Additionally, these offers circumvent eBay's fees, which creates an unlevel playing field for sellers who do not circumvent eBay fees." I think that they are talking about listing fees, final fees, etc... Fee circumvention is not just overcharging for postage.

The potential buyer never would have known about the item for sale had the seller not listed it on Ebay. I'm not saying that the OP did this at all, but in some cases, a potential buyer may contact a seller about an item and they agree to conduct a transaction outside of ebay. Therefore, the seller does not have to pay the final value fee.

Thank you for posting that link, this is news to me. I guess eBay wants control of every transaction whether or not it is on eBay.:Push:

Thank you all for your helpful input. I went ahead and contacted interested parties and explained to them that it's not recommended to sell outside of ebay. I also informed them that I would be relisting the bag. I hope everything goes fine from now on. I love this forum....I've learned so much from being a member and have met such insightful people here. Thanks again to all of you.