Eyelash Extensions: anyone done it?

got them done on Saturday and i love them!! wow i cant believe the difference they are on me (considering that I had very short lashes ...very dramatic change). Oh gosh i hope this isnt an expensive new habit... :P

I have them and I love them! I haven't read through all 17 pages of this thread, but the only problem I have with mine is when I sleep. I guess I might be a wild sleeper but sometimes I will wake up and I have a few kinked lashes. But all in all, I love them. I am blonde, fair skin and light blue eyes. So the lashes totally make my eyes pop! I don't ever want them off! I have to get mine filled about every 4 weeks!

For an eyelash extension that does not fall off go to http://www.lashesandcosmetics.com. They have a new glue that bonds to the eyelashes and last for weeks. It is much better than the surgical glue used by many professionals as it burns the eyes badly when applied. They sell a take home kit on there website so you can do it yourself or you can ask your local salon or spa as they are becoming very popular. The eyelash extension system is called Diva Lashes. Check it out.

Anyone using a product Latisse. (brook Shield advertises it). You put a drop on the brush and slide it over the eye lash area once a day and youll see the result in like 3-4 wks. your lashes become very long. anyone using this?

omg! I was JUST thinking about trying extensions b/c a friend referred me and I can get them done for 60 dollars for my first time! This vs. buying the Guerlain mascara...decisions, decisions

Anyone using a product Latisse. (brook Shield advertises it). You put a drop on the brush and slide it over the eye lash area once a day and youll see the result in like 3-4 wks. your lashes become very long. anyone using this?

Latisse is a good product. I have used it. It does work but the eyelashes tend to grow thinner and become brittle at the tips. Just be careful as I have heard some people claim discoloration of the eye has occurred with extended use over a period of time. But in the end Latisse does work but you have to be patient. I just prefer eyelash extensions as I can get instant results.

On another note, I heard they discovered Latisse from cataract patients as at one time it was a special medicine to reduce pressure in the eye. They noticed those who applied it started growing extra hair. They even grew the hair in weird places like in the corner of their eye.

I don't even want to think about it, I used to be an eyelash extension addict, it's so easy to get used to them, you always look great, very awake too! Then after a few rounds I took them off and nearly fainted when I saw what my eyelashes looked like. They were all small and very few. Don't mean to discourage anybody but I wish I'd known before.

I don't even want to think about it, I used to be an eyelash extension addict, it's so easy to get used to them, you always look great, very awake too! Then after a few rounds I took them off and nearly fainted when I saw what my eyelashes looked like. They were all small and very few. Don't mean to discourage anybody but I wish I'd known before.

Some eyelash extension glues do cause natural eyelashes to prematurely become removed but not all glues are the same. You have to be careful in choosing the right glue as most are basically a surgical glue designed to be an alternative to stiches especially in facial areas to reduce scarring. That type of glue was not designed for eyelashes to be removed but for them to fall out naturally over time. Unfortunately, the extensions begin to look bad after a week or so and then they are removed resulting in premature natural eyelash removal. A good indicator if you are using the wrong glue on your eyelashes is if your eyes burn when the extensions are applied. A natural eyelash falls out every 60 to 90 days and if your glue is removing your eyelashes prior to your body being able to replace them your natural eyelashes will get vary thin.

I love it how Maybelline uses eyelash extensions to promote there new Falsies Mascara. Don't get me wrong, the eyelashes look great but I also think it is misleading. maybelline.com/images/products/models/510VEF_model_xl.jpg

i'm totally going through the "lash falling out" stage and it is awful. but i love extensions and know i need to get new ones before all the holiday parties, but i'm just afriad when they start falling off again, that my eyelashes wont exist at ALL

I want to do the extreme lashes but i can't find anything cheaper than $250 and I refuse to pay anything over $125. If anyone knows any places in the south florida area please I'm begging you pm me.

I had eyelash extensions about a year ago, it cost $40 or $50, i can't remember exactly. They looked great, but the application process was torture and I will never do it again. They used TAPE to hold my eye in a certain position...or something, but think about how delicate the skin around your eyes is...ouch! After a few days my eyelids were somewhat sore, plus I was constantly touching them which didn't help. I hated the fact that I couldn't really get a good wash of my face. Anyways, when I got them taken off it was the worst experience of my life. Apparently there was too much glue on them so the girl had a difficult time getting them off...my eyes were burning and I was convinced I would be blind when I opened my eyes. Luckily I survived haha but NEVER AGAIN.

On another note, I just bought Latisse and will be giving it a try. From what I have heard, it really does work, but not instantly of course; it takes a couple weeks to see results.

I've been getting them done for almost four months now. I got a medium length and they cost $120 initially, and the upkeep is $40 every two weeks. I could go longer between the infills, but I choose not to. My beautician said the average time between infills is a month. I've not had any problems with glue or burning when they get done. I treat them like my own eyelashes and wear mascara and there have been no problems so far.