Eyelash Extensions: anyone done it?

LovesYSL said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for the NYC area? I've looked on Yelp but I trust PF members more.

I've never been there but I know a couple of girls that went to Blinglash and I thought they looked great...really full and starts at $90

I've done it and loved it but my eyes didnt! It was always irritated (stings) and watery! I think I'm allergic to the glue? It looked good but eventually went for a removal after 2.5 weeks. :sad: I got mine done at Browhaus.

chanel princess said:
if you guys want longer lashes... PERMANENTLY
try talika lipocils...
i've been using it for about 2 months and am in absolute love!
its great for ppl who want to add volume and length to their lashes (or if a clump of your lashes have fallen off for whatever reason)
i have puny asian lashes also and after talika, they are noticecably longer and more volumous! hehe i can't help staring at them all the time!! its growing my bottom lashes a bit tooo =)
and wen i wear mascara... OMG!! heeheeeheee :heart: :heart: :heart:

Are any of these products known to be dangerous long term in ant way? Or completely safe?

I've had them done three different times in my life at three different clinics. Two in LA (Ktown), one in the Bay Area. The technician skill level definitely varied. One place, the lashes started falling out immediately. But even with the best technician I tried, the extensions made my sensitive eyes irritated, especially as time went on and the extensions started to droop. The first technician I went to told me that my natural lashes were so thin that if I went for dramatic extensions, it would make my natural lashes fall out prematurely. So that put a damper in how much of an effect I could get with extensions. I'm already a smokey eyes & big eyeliner girl, which aren't compatible with extensions (make eye makeup removal), so I couldn't even get drama my normal way through makeup. Also the $$ and time involved in getting refills every couple weeks was a pain. Basically I would only do them again for a special occasion where I don't have time to do a lot of makeup, and where I'm going for natural eye looks only

I used lash extensions once and truely they weren’t so useful. First of all I think mine was too much, I basically had black windshield wipers upon my eyes[emoji23] so don’t believe that 3D sh*t. Second it was hard to use them because when you’re showering and those lashes get wet ughhhhhh it’s like you are swimming underwater with something touching your eyes. They get sooo much wet and water does not run easily over them. So you just can’t open your eyes in the shower which I hateee (I always have shower with eyes open all the time because I watched scream movie when I was 9 and I’m scared that someone will walk in the bathroom and I won’t be able to see them[emoji23]). Also you can’t do eye makeup with these, well you don’t need it, okay but even though you just can’t do eye makeup because cleaning your eye makeup is a mess. You have to do it without touching lash extensions and I believe they don’t get cleaned very well. But not wearing mascara and not wearing so much eye makeup saves you so much time which is a plus. And it looks good even without makeup. But it gets mixed up (I don’t know if this is the word) when you sleep so you have to brush them a few times a day. Also they are connected to your eyelashes with the smallest ring and sometimes those rings come a little upwards through the middle of the lash and it kills your eyes with pain so you have to either push them back which is not so possible or pull them and take of which is painful as hell and usually you end up pulling your own lash too.