Eyelash extension-istas....admit you wear goggles to shower!

I swim and dive in my extensions and they're fine, so no, no goggles lol! It's oil that takes them off, not water. I keep oily cleanser away from the actual lashes and otherwise act normally. If my allergies are bad I'll even do eye washing with a cup and my extensions get nice and clean along with my eyes :smile:

Reactions: skyqueen
Nice to hear all the comments on care and maintenance as I'm about to get my first eyelash extensions. Never had them done before. But girls around me started getting them and I just wanted to give it a try. Hope everything is as fabulous as it sounds/ looks.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I swim and dive in my extensions and they're fine, so no, no goggles lol! It's oil that takes them off, not water. I keep oily cleanser away from the actual lashes and otherwise act normally. If my allergies are bad I'll even do eye washing with a cup and my extensions get nice and clean along with my eyes :smile:
Nice to hear all the comments on care and maintenance as I'm about to get my first eyelash extensions. Never had them done before. But girls around me started getting them and I just wanted to give it a try. Hope everything is as fabulous as it sounds/ looks.
I got mine done last summer and love them! Just have to use eye-makeup when going out. Perfect for those of us that love the beach!
QF is right...it's an oily cleanser you have to watch out for. Actually, getting them a bit wet helps when combing them out with the little brush. Because I'm OCD and can't stand the application process, I have mine done every 2 weeks. Less time involved.
GL...hope you like them. Keep us posted.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I got mine done last summer and love them! Just have to use eye-makeup when going out. Perfect for those of us that love the beach!
QF is right...it's an oily cleanser you have to watch out for. Actually, getting them a bit wet helps when combing them out with the little brush. Because I'm OCD and can't stand the application process, I have mine done every 2 weeks. Less time involved.
GL...hope you like them. Keep us posted.

Arghh........it's funny you wrote. I didn't get my eyelash extensions done. I got stood up for my appointment TWICE. So maybe it's the universe telling me that I'm not suitable for eyelash extensions! :confused1::annoyed::doh:

So I've been resorting to eyelash strips for occasions and just going with regular mascara like I always do. Perhaps next time, I'm definitely going to a different shop next time.

Arghh........it's funny you wrote. I didn't get my eyelash extensions done. I got stood up for my appointment TWICE. So maybe it's the universe telling me that I'm not suitable for eyelash extensions! :confused1::annoyed::doh:

So I've been resorting to eyelash strips for occasions and just going with regular mascara like I always do. Perhaps next time, I'm definitely going to a different shop next time.
What a shame! Definitely go to a different salon...trust me, you'll love them. :flowers:

I never thought I would be obsessed w them but I am and love them! I now go once a month but really should go every weeks. I just hope I still have my own lashes when I finally remove them. After the holidays, I’m going to take a break.

I starting to go to an Amazing Lashes chain and never had an issue.

I am totally a goggle-wearer too!
Atleast i was..when i wore extensions. I had them applied 3 times over the duration of 4 months, a few months back and i absolutely loved them. A bit too high-maintenance for my liking (i.e washing around the eyes, not getting them wet, sleeping cautiously lol, goggles in shower etc), BUT being an avid mascara-wearer, the time it saved me in total was totally worth that maintenance.

However...on my third application, my eyes would randomly start itching throughout the day and during work...i’m talking stinging and then really tearing up. I would legit just start crying at work! I would have to run to the toilet and of course couldn't rub my eyes (which didnt help the pain) . It started to happen more and more frequently. To the point where it happened randomly one night whilst i was watching a film, i was sat there, tears streaming and I couldnt even open my eyes...that evidently was the last straw- I just HAD to rub, and of course rubbing means ruining and therefore my eyelashes (sorry, graphic!) completely ripped out as i rubbed...hard lol! So painful and i was in the end left with several small strands of sad (natural) eyelashes!.

Thats the only thing holding me back from getting them done again! I dont want it to happen again..only for me to yet again waste a bunch of money and spend 3 months re-growing my natural long lashes. Did anyone have this problem with synthetic lashes? How did they overcome any stinging sensations? I have to point out the first set were mink and the 2nd and 3rd were synthetic as i found mink to be TOO natural-looking and the lashes fell out more easily.

I DO miss the minimal effort and the look of the extensions. But not at that cost!

I remember my fried continuously got them for a year and she renewed every 21-25 days. She looked much prettier with them, it's a fact...but once she stopped her she lost almost all her eyelashes. Even though she told that fake ones are applied on your and there is no harm for lashes I didn't dare to try. She had to stop, as she lost almost 60% of eyelashes and now she has to use oils and different boosters