Explain Tano to Me... Calling All Tano Lovers!

I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way, but I believe that you are simply using the wrong word to describe how these bags wear, and I don't want readers to be confused/misinformed.

None taken, Alexandra. Do you remember me? I was the one who told you how much I liked Tano bags a long time ago and asked permission to promote them at tFS, long b4 joining tPF! :P

I meant the "shiny protective coating" that is put on by the manufacturer right before it is shipped off so no dirt or soil comes into contact with the bag while in transit -- not the actual leather itself. This coating is not meant to be permanent. I was told this by someone who worked with a leather manufacturer. I cannot remember the (tFS) poster; it has been at least a year and a half or more since I received my Tano Gerard bluemarine -- but I shall no longer use the word "flake" to end the worries.

How much time before you noticed flaking? I haven't noticed anything like this in my Boogie Bucket and I've been carrying the hell out of it.

Voodoo -- sorry it took me this long to respond. I'm going to try to show you what I originally meant, visually.... if you see my previous response to Alexandra/Tano Expert, you'll see what I am trying to say :sweatdrop:

Give me some time to get my pics together, I'm going to post my bags in the new and broken in stages. Keep in mind my Gerard bag must have been manufactured at least a year and a half ago (it has the old tag), if not more, and the leathers may not be the same as what is used nowadays.

I'll be back a little later today/tomorrow...