Experiencing USPS delays?

It never makes me feel comfortable when a seller doesn't respond to a concern.
If it is a large business someone should have access to messages, after all it appears they
are listing & shipping..
USPS is slow as many have seen. Is this package going cross country as that could be the delay
You can attempt to reach out to the seller again, wait til the end of the week, or you can file an INR.. it is your call
I think the PO never received anything. The vendor just created the label, no?
otoh, I have been satisfied with them for many years and maybe something is up with them.

I think the PO never received anything. The vendor just created the label, no?
otoh, I have been satisfied with them for many years and maybe something is up with them.

Since you have reached out once already with no response, you can perhaps try again
only because you seem to have a history with this company & you have been satisfied
Anything is possible but with a company as large as you mention, something just doesn't
sound right. USPS is experiencing delays but not acknowledging a message(s) is just different
Perhaps they are just shipping packages just certain days of the week & hence just part of the delay
If you don't get your package within a reasonable amount of time then you have to decide
if you want to file an INR.. that should get their attention

Last edited:
I'm not sure why but I wrote a long PM and got this when I tried to send it. It looks like you have me blocked.
View attachment 4794510
I apologize for the trouble.
Since you have reached out once already with no response, you can perhaps try again
only because you seem to have a history with this company & you have been satisfied
Anything is possible but with a company as large as you mention, something just doesn't
sound right. USPS is experiencing delays but not acknowledging a message(s) is just different
Perhaps they are just shipping packages just certain days of the week & hence just part of the delay
If you don't get your package within a reasonable amount of time then you have to decide
if you want to file an INR.. that should get their attention
Absolutely no communication.
I used Ebay communication system again. INR.Still no answer.
The seller is Hessfineauctions.
I had so many happy transactions with them. I don’t understand what happened at all.
Do they even have the item On hands?
Are they planning on mailing it?
Nobody Knows...

Reactions: RT1
I apologize for the trouble.

Absolutely no communication.
I used Ebay communication system again. INR.Still no answer.
The seller is Hessfineauctions.
I had so many happy transactions with them. I don’t understand what happened at all.
Do they even have the item On hands?
Are they planning on mailing it?
Nobody Knows...

No communication.. at this point it is anyone's guess as to what happened???
If you filed an INR with Ebay, Hessfineauctions has 3 business days to respond
If you don't hear back, Ebay will step in & you will get your refund

Reactions: limom
I’ve been having problems with all deliveries. I get an email telling me the item will be delivered on a certain day. Then, when I track the package, the date expected is days after the original email stated. I have had this problem with USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and Amazon’s delivery service.

I’ve been having problems with all deliveries. I get an email telling me the item will be delivered on a certain day. Then, when I track the package, the date expected is days after the original email stated. I have had this problem with USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and Amazon’s delivery service.
Maybe I was lucky until now.
The seller still needs to have the decency to answer and let me know what is going on, imo.
I miss the old Ebay where it was mainly small sellers...
For that reason, I have started to shop on Instagram And Etsy ... so far so good.

Maybe I was lucky until now.
The seller still needs to have the decency to answer and let me know what is going on, imo.
I miss the old Ebay where it was mainly small sellers...
For that reason, I have started to shop on Instagram And Etsy ... so far so good.

What are expectations are now are not necessarily on the same page as your seller in this case
You should get your refund & it will go against the seller... not sure if that matters with this pandemic
IYKWIM...

Reactions: RT1 and limom
I’ve had three packages gone missing from various sources: BR, Ebay seller, and an amazon 3rd party seller.

In the BR case, they printed a UPS label but never sent the package. The item may have gone out of stock but I was never notified, so I kept checking the tracking number and after a week of no updates BR refunded me. The same thing happened in the Ebay transaction, except it was with a USPS number that never updated. The seller offered me a refund and the tracking never updated so I wonder if the package was even shipped?

I’m still waiting for a resolution from the Amazon seller. They didn’t provide a tracking number and I’ve sent two messages, one asking for proof of shipment/tracking number and the second for a refund. The item was supposed to be delivered between 7/15-21. I suspect they marked it shipped but it wasn’t actually shipped. So strange bc I rarely have missing packages but in the last couple weeks had to deal with three.

Reactions: RT1 and limom
Yes, I bought an item that shipped July 25. Tracking shows expected delivery August 3. It is still not here. Tracking hasn’t updated since Wednesday August 5 and only says “in transit, arriving late.” Yeah no kidding! It isn’t even in my state yet. 2+ weeks seems ridiculous for a Priority shipment. I have been ordering quite a bit online lately and have had extensive delays with anything involving USPS.

IMO, the pandemic is a scapegoat.

While I've seen a slightly longer time to deliver (an extra day to an extra week), for the most part, I think those blaming the pandemic a making excuses. I've sold and shipped quite a few items between March and now and can count on one hand (or less) the number of delivery problems and slow delivery.

I've also seen tracking with fewer intermediate scans but again, items are getting to their destinations in close to the same amount of time as pre-pandemic.

In fact, I'm going to be posting a complaint on the pet peeve thread where another company continually blames the pandemic and DHL.
I second that. 5 orders from several platforms are delayed in USPS for 7-10 days in last two months. Almost all orders are delayed 1-2 days (I'm currently tracking 14). With longer delays (over 7 days) I have to file search requests and only after that packages start moving. I don't know how longer they can be delayed if I don't file it, could be way longer. Many scans are missed too, like USPS is not even scanning anything until the package reaches destination state.
And platforms take it as if I haven't shipped and keep sending me bugging emails "it's time to ship" or "contact UPS".
UPS delays are better, still 1-2 days for some packages (30-40%).