experienced Alexa owners pls help! does this look new?

I think the seller has been dishonest and deserves a SNAD. :tdown:

If you kept the bag, you'd always remember not feeling 100% joy, excitement and satisfaction which you should have when you received it. If you tried to sell it, that's extra work and worry for you.

(On a much smaller scale, I recently bought a cotton tote on eBay that was "new & unused", but it arrived with a stain on it. The seller would only offer full refund on return - I didn't want the hassle of returning so I kept it and tried to wash it. Took me all afternoon, the bag now has a paler area where I applied Shout, Stain Devil and Vanish on it and - the point I'm making to you - whenever I look at it I get a memory of that peed-off feeling.)

Personally I would also return the bag. If you paid full price for it then it should be in perfect condition.

As for the seller, this is what gives EBay a bad reputation. You can put in a complaint as mentioned earlier and if you paid by Paypal they should refund you, eventually.

I know you said the seller would discount it but at the amount offered it still seems steep. Also if you return to Mulberry for repairs that's even extra money you have to pay. If you sell via EBay remember the fees to EBay and then to Paypal makes a big difference to what you actually come out with so it could end up actually costing you money to keep a bag you are not happy with.

I can't advise what I think it's worth but if you check what reductions there are at the outlets for bags which I have seen have nothing visibly wrong much of the time then you can get an idea what this one if worth.

Also you say you think it's a bit small and would prefer the oversized alexa so I say contact seller, get full refund and buy from somewhere else.:graucho:

Thanks everyone again for the advice! the seller replied

"Hi,
This bag is new as described, although I bought it as a display model. I had not noticed the stitching issue, and the other issues are superficial.

You will see that these bags in ink are very rare, and hold their price very well when sold as used.

However,I am a reputable ebayer as you will see from my feedback, and so I am willing to refund $150 USD as a goodwill gesture. If you are not satisfied with my offer I will accept a return, I will refund your payment less the postage that I paid, and you will be responsible for the return postage, which should include full insurance and signature."

btw she told me in the beginning before my purchase that she is also a member of purseforum.. I will contact Ebay regarding the situation. I don't think I should be responsible for paying postage..

what do you guys think?

Thanks everyone again for the advice! the seller replied

"Hi,
This bag is new as described, although I bought it as a display model. I had not noticed the stitching issue, and the other issues are superficial.

You will see that these bags in ink are very rare, and hold their price very well when sold as used.

However,I am a reputable ebayer as you will see from my feedback, and so I am willing to refund $150 USD as a goodwill gesture. If you are not satisfied with my offer I will accept a return, I will refund your payment less the postage that I paid, and you will be responsible for the return postage, which should include full insurance and signature."

btw she told me in the beginning before my purchase that she is also a member of purseforum.. I will contact Ebay regarding the situation. I don't think I should be responsible for paying postage..

what do you guys think?

the seller should pay all postage fees this is in line with the long distance selling laws

ebay eill back you up on this one and you will be covered by pay pal

I think the same, refund and postage, I would not accept $150 and then end up sellign forever on ebay because other buyers will never pay you close to what would be worth for you.

Not very good especially if PF member. She is responsible for all costs including return postage as the "Item was not as described."

Send her another E mail explaining this and demand a full refund including the cost of postage which she should know and don't sent it until you have received the money.

You should not be out of pocket at all for this item......

Tell her if you are not satisfied you will take it up with Pay Pal and file a dispute. That hopefully should work.

Ohhh, how disappointing for you, but you will find another one in the condition you expect.:smile:

i know that if an item is not as described then you can return it even if they have a no refund policy, i had this happen to me, i listed it as the wrong size by mistake and had to give them a refund, there is nothing they can do, ebay and paypal will be on your side!!!

Good luck hope you get your money back!!!! :biggrin:

I agree with all that's been said earlier. The amount the seller is offering is not enough and you will never be happy with the bag anyway. Tell her you're not happy and want a full refund including the postage you paid and the return postage too. It's her fault you have to return it. If she argues with this start a claim through e bay/paypal. When found in your favour they money will be taken from her account and given to you. She won't be able to stop it.

Just to add my two-cents worth...

I would open a SNAD with eBay and follow the process for sending the item back and obtaining your return. Unless you do this I think you're going to end up in a stalemate with the seller as she won't want to issue a refund without making sure she has the bag back and equally, you don't want to send the bag back unless you're sure of getting all your money refunded! Also, if she is resisting refunding P&P then eBay will 'force' her to refund the correct amount and they will take it from her Paypal account.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks everyone!! You guys have been very helpful!! Your advice has helped me finalized my decision to request for a full refund. The seller refused to refund me $300 so that left me no choice (She was only willing to refund $150). I will contact Ebay tomorrow and hope for the best. Thank you guys again.. although it is very sad to see her go.. I will continue to wait for my perfect ink Alexa.

If I had known there were these flaws on the handbag, I probably would've bid and definitely not purchased it with "buy it now" price. That's how bad I wanted my ink! The moment it received an approval from lakritz, I clicked the buy it now button without hesitation (thinking it was new)! I don't mind buying an used Mulberry, but I just shouldn't be paying this much. Anyway, there's not looking back now. I will keep you guys posted about what happens.. thanks everyone!!