Experience with Chanel refurbishing/repair

Hey everyone,

i am planning on buying a vintage chanel on malleries, the condition is fair and it seems as if it is in need for repair. here is the description

The leather has some indentations, scratches, chaffing and light soiling. The interior leather is lightly soiled and has ink marks. The golden hardware has light, superficial scratches however it is still bright, shiny and golden in color. The most significant flaw is that both interior pockets are unusable. The interior lining of both is stuck together, keeping the pockets closed.

the bag comes with no cards or such, do you think chanel can repair this? in addition can they repair soiling leather and the scratched hardware?

The scratches/scuffing/ect. can surely be refinished. It will come out almost new but if the leather is really worn all the way through there's not much that can be done unless it's piping which can be replaced. The hardware can be replated or replaced for the most part. Now the pockets being stuck together I'm assuming is what they call "sticky linings". If so, this is an issue Chanel's had for a while and they fix a lot by replacing the pocket lining. You don't need (and they actually prefer if you don't send) the authenticity card, they can tell if it's real or not. To repair all of the things you're discussing would probably call for a complete refurbishment ($265). Good luck!

I'd like to know which countries Chanel will do a full refurbishment in. Here in Japan, they don't do color treatments or leather treatments (particularly vintage), they only fix broken parts. I know the USA has a great inclusive refurbishment package. But do other countries do this too? I have something I am considering sending out of Japan for refurbishment and wanted to know if the USA was the best option.

Thank you.

I only have experience with USA repairs. They have an official Chanel repair facility here. I think that most repairs done outside the US are given to whomever is the most trusted repair vendor in the area, but not an actual Chanel repair facility (I could be wrong!). In Europe they might be able to send it back to Paris, but I doubt if the contractors also do repairs.

Can anyone shed some light or share their experiences on the spa services of Chanel? What exactly do they do? Can they remove light/shallow indentations or scratches from bags? Do they clean and condition the bags? Can they recolour scruffs or faded leather?

I really love some of the vintage bags but most are lambskin and almost all have some sort of imperfections/scratches or discoloration. I'm wondering if a spa treatment or two can fix some of the problems.

Could you tell me roughly how much it would cost and the turn around time?

Thank you.

^ i just had my white jumbo from 1996 refurbished at BH chanel and it came back in pristine condition. :yahoo: i think they redyed the bag because the stitching is also back to being white. the bag just turned kinda yellow with time and use. they also replaced the cc and the chain. i think i paid around $265. it took about four months. i called a few times to check on status but no one called me back. i finally got tired of waiting around and just dropped in and it was ready and waiting for me.

dinotan: Singapore Chanel store does not do recondition of leather unlike other chanel stores in overseas.

U can go colorwash or leshine to see what they can do for your bag. May i ask how dirty is your bag? Is it grease stain or color transfer?

For color transfer, you can try using meltonian all purpose leather cleaner and conditioner. However, always try it at an unnotocieable area first.

Hi fufu,

Is colorwash trustworthy?and have you tried using them? tia

Hi,

Does anyone know around how much it costs to replace the HW (from silver to gold) on a m/l flap? Is is difficult?

Also, is there any risk of the lambskin being damaged when this is done?

thanks in advance!;)

gratefull, if you look on the preceding page, you'll find

• a price list from Chanel USA for various refurbishment services at post #136 [of course, Chanel's charges are subject to increase] and
  • reports from PurseForum members in both the US and Singapore that Chanel will decline to change the hardware to gold (posts ## 141, 142); they only give you gold if that's what the bag originally had.

Sorry, gratefull, I just realized I neglected to answer your 2nd question: yes, you simply take your bag to the nearest Chanel boutique; they'll write up your request for repairs/refurbishment & send the bag out.