Expensive flat irons vs. Cheap

so is ghd better or t3. i have a chi but i'm kinda sick of it (no variable heat) so i'm gonna get a t3 or ghd during the sephora f&f whenever we get the code.

^^ I'm wondering the same thing, I've heard only rave reviews on T3 plus I did buy the GHD hair products, the serum and leave in conditioner which did not do my hair any good! :sad:

but I bought the T3 boost serum that you're supposed to use with the iron and hopefully it will be good for my hair?!

i've never heard a T3 vs. GHD review, but my hair stylist, who just recently moved to Athens after doing hair in Manhattan for quite a while, says that she never believed the GHD hype until she started working at the salon I go to about two months ago (they use GHD products but they don't force her to use the iron, she can use and recommend whatever she thinks works best, it's a very cool salon) and got to try it on her clients, and she said she'll never use anything else. I'd imagine doing hair in Manhattan would allow her an opportunity to try a lot of different things, so I believed her review of the GHD and tried it, and WOW, what a difference. It's expensive, but the 20% sephora code will save you almost $50. Now is the time to try!

And minami, the GHD products may not have worked for you because the different ones are all formulated for very specific hair types. I had my stylist recommend some for me because I was having trouble figuring out which ones were appropriate for my hair type, and I've been really happy with what I got.

Hmm..I would have to look the GHD flat iron because I've never heard of it..

well anyway, my hair is VERY CURLY & Poofy. NO one understands my hair other than myself so let me TRY to explain. when I get out of the shower & don't put mouse in my hair it will be an UGLY FRO. when i do put mouse it's curly. So anyway, I've struggled with my hair for years and years and finally accepted to like it curly, however when i go out at night or something or have somewhere special to go i always straigten my hair. back in the day i used to IRON my hair with a regular iron haha. crazy of me coz that killed my hair. then i didn't have the $$$ to buy a flat iron so i used a CURLING IRON to get my hair flat which killed my hair also. then i got one called corlisis or something from a kiosk at the mall which worked pretty well..then after 3 years it died out and had to get a new one. I got the paul mitchel smoothing iron which works like a charm. it was only $117 if you buy at a Paul mitchell school but $140 at paul mitchell salons. anywho, it works really well and gets my hair how i want it-

as far as damage, cheap brands will def. damage your hair SO FAST. as far as expensive ones, no matter what if you put heat on your hair you are damaging it a lot or a little. the exp. just dont do it as much and it will look much smoother and silky/shiner. so it's a good idea to invest in a good one and it lasts for about 3 years =)

good luck and let us know what you get! sorry it is so long...

i do swear by the t3 blowdryer. i got it 2 yrs ago or so and it is the best $200 i've spent.

when i got my hair cut at aveda she used this t3 blowdryer on me and i've never had my hair straighter with a blowdryer! her's was the $300 one but damn! it looked so good. however i didnt buy it because i dont know how to blow dry my own hair. it's really hard!! but this blowdryer is really awesome!

Is someone posting the code on here? I would love to try the GHD but would love it even more at a discount. My cousin owns a salon and she said CHI has been getting really bad reviews lately and their return rate is over 60%. She said they wanted to mass produce and sell at a cheaper price so now the quality isn't what it used to be. She is now using a brand called Paul Brown. She had not heard on the GHD yet.

I ordered my GHD iron 4 days ago and it arrived yestarday. I was impressed that it only took like 30 seconds to heatup.

I tried straightening & also curling and really impressed with how fast I can do it (less than 5 minutes). My hair looks so good before & after work. I don't know the long-term effect of using this iron, but so far I really like it.

amanda, thanks for your response...I guess I will just have to try out my T3 and see how it works..you might be right about the products too...

thanks!

i totally agree with amanda that the GHD is the best investment ever! it may be a lot to shell out at one time but i have used mine every single day since i got it a few months ago and my hair looks and feels FANTASTIC. i love my hair again.

Hey all, I am a GHD convert too and echo all the raves about how wonderful it is.

here's the deal: we wear our hair EVERY DAY. Even more than our favorite bags I bet ;). So $250 seemed initially like a huge chunk to spend on a flat iron but I tell you it's worth every penny. Why? I don't need to go through my hair over and over again like I did with my revlon large barrel curling iron. The less I have to smooth over my hair the better, meaning less damage. PLUS, the GHD heats up in seconds. Also a huge time saver. Getting my hair dried and styled is the most tedious part of my morning routine. Now I have shaved off a good 10-15 minutes at least which is heaven for someone like me who is not a morning person. That's time I can spend on other things like perfecting my makeup or...more zzzz's :P. AND, whatever I do with the GHD stays put all day. I have wavy, thick hair with highlights so in our damp, rainy Seattle weather the poof factor is usually high with me. Not any more. :jammin:

I have a wet-to-dry T3 and a pink GHD...and the T3 does not even compare! It took forever to straighten my wet hair (I gave up 1/3 of the way and blow dried it, then straightened- which still took a long time). The results weren't even as nice as what I get with my old CHI iron. I don't know if it's just the wet-to-dry irons that suck, but I was highly disappointed with my T3. GHD is much better! :tup: