excuse my ignorance!

There was an article on Wall Street Journal Europe that I read a few months ago about handbags. The article stated hpw bags lose their retail value after buying them ... with the exception of 2: Hermès Birkin and Hermès Kelly! And that these bags actually appreciate in value over time.

uwsgirl2004 said:
I originally posted this in another thread, but I think it addresses the question on hand as well.

Even at $7,000 + a pop, HERMES is the best deal in handbags. As with most all other bags, you'll look incredibly retarded carrying them after 1-2 seasons and their resell value is at best 30-40% of what you paid for them (think balenciaga le dix, celine boogie, and soon the ysl muse).

:wtf: oh good gravy! Are you trying to intentionally offend 98% of our members!?
I carry a Batignolles and a Chanel from last season, now I "look retarded"?:lecture:
Which BTW, is very offensive. I have a retarded cousin and that term is really nasty.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
:wtf: oh good gravy! Are you trying to intentionally offend 98% of our members!?
I carry a Batignolles and a Chanel from last season, now I "look retarded"?:lecture:
Which BTW, is very offensive. I have a retarded cousin and that term is really nasty.

Okay Swanky Mama - In light of your sensitivity, I hereby amend my original post by substituting "retarded" with "unfashionable."

La Vanguardia said:
There was an article on Wall Street Journal Europe that I read a few months ago about handbags. The article stated hpw bags lose their retail value after buying them ... with the exception of 2: Hermès Birkin and Hermès Kelly! And that these bags actually appreciate in value over time.

Uh-oh ... what about Bolides? I love the Bolide but I can see myself needing to give them up if a dream Birkin or dream Kelly come along ...

^^Kou-It is very addictive! I was on all night last night, now as soon as I woke up this morning, I've been on here for 4 hours :blink:

addicted-I think I will be where you are soon, I have one now and a few accessories, but I'm already obsessed and I don't know if I can stop LOL!

LisaG719 said:
This is an interesting thread. Would most of you agree that you would rather have one Hermes than multiple other bags (LVs Chanel)?
Any day. I still like LV, Chanel, Bottega, Ferragamo, but Hermes just holds a special place in my heart and that's why I covet them.