Ever feel like you can't carry your LV somewhere?

lol. i'm the exact opposite. many a years ago, all i knew about LV was the monogram bags. i didn't know DE was LV until someone pointed it out. haha.

I'm the same! A lot of people I know still don't realise it's LV! I've never felt uncomfortable wearing my DE most people just think it's a nice bag haha :lol:

I carry my LV all the time, except when doing volunteer work.

Overall with LV I feel somewhat "safe" in that most people just think every LV they see is fake, so I figure hey, if that's what you think you won't try to rob me. :lol:

This is sadly the truth sometimes, I've had more than a few people ask me if my monogram pieces are 'real'..... :noworry:

I just started loving LV to be honest. I was never interested in monogram bags as I liked a more understated bag. However, I went into the store with a friend of mine and fell in love. I am not sure why as I never was before.

I do understand not carrying your LV or other designer bag to certain places and feeling a bit self-conscious. I work with families of low income so I tend to use different bags and not display what I have. If that makes sense. However, I saw somebody in my line of work carry a Neverfull GM the other day and I thought "maybe I should carry my bag more".

It is all in the way we feel about certain things. If you feel you are going to be too uncomfortable, then maybe don't carry it that day. Better to enjoy it when you are carrying it than not.

We have these things to love and enjoy…
I'm obviously new to LV myself! I haven't truly started appreciating monogram until very recently.

Having come from a family whose income wasn't that great, I think your consideration is greatly appreciated. Of course it depends on what your line of work actually is :smile: After reading everyone's responses to this thread, I get the feeling that a Damier canvas probably won't hurt, but maybe monogram would be better off outside of work since mono is so obvious and recognizable. I guess I assumed that just because I was familiar with Damier before I was into LV, everyone else could recognize it too. Boy, was I wrong! haha :angel:

My everyday bags that I carry anywhere and everywhere are Michael Kors. They are very common around here, and there is no issue for me when I carry them.

I carry my LV all the time, except when doing volunteer work.

Overall with LV I feel somewhat "safe" in that most people just think every LV they see is fake, so I figure hey, if that's what you think you won't try to rob me. :lol:
It's sad to say that there are so many fakes out there that that mindset isn't unreasonable. I couldn't tell the difference between real and some fakes before I really looked into it, and read guides online on how to tell if an LV is authentic or not so I could feel more comfortable buying online.

I live in a medium sized town in the uk and carry mine with no problems. I get the odd glance but I like that as I love my bags. I don't feel like I shouldn't carry mine at all and neither should you. It's your bag, you love it and therefore should take pride in using it. It's easier said than done but don't care what others think, live for yourself because if you live by other people it's a waste! Use your bag with pride :smile:
Thank you!!

I do feel more comfortable now, thanks to some of the responses in this thread. I never thought of DE canvas as being more discreet until now.

I'm the same! A lot of people I know still don't realise it's LV! I've never felt uncomfortable wearing my DE most people just think it's a nice bag haha :lol:

This is sadly the truth sometimes, I've had more than a few people ask me if my monogram pieces are 'real'..... :noworry:
Aw, that's a little rude if people ask if the bag is real :/

I've never not worn my bag someone where, i wear LV all the time and I live in a very large metro area so just about everyone has LV and I have friends who all wear LV so I'm always in good company. The only fear I am going to have is when I get my Birkin, Ive never seen anyone with a Birkin here and could be because I'm just not at the right places because I know woman here carry them but just afraid my friends will act weird since they all know how much I would have paid for it

This is somewhat related. I don't think it's particular to just small towns. I live in LA and I get glares when I wear my Evidence sunglasses around. But I shrug it off and wear them anyway haha. :lol:

I'm pretty much on the outskirts of Suffolk... might as well be Smithfield or Isle of Wight -__-

You're not too far from me. I'm in Hampton and prior to getting my first LV I had only seen like two Speedys out here. I say wear what you want when you want. If I lived my life worrying about what people thought then I wouldn't be who I am, that includes having three kids at a young age and not being married, having tattoos and piercings, and other things that make me who I am. People are always going to find something to judge you about...

This is somewhat related. I don't think it's particular to just small towns. I live in LA and I get glares when I wear my Evidence sunglasses around. But I shrug it off and wear them anyway haha. :lol:
I lived out in LA for a while. Sometimes I feel like people out there just glare for no reason at all hahaha jk :lol:

You're not too far from me. I'm in Hampton and prior to getting my first LV I had only seen like two Speedys out here. I say wear what you want when you want. If I lived my life worrying about what people thought then I wouldn't be who I am, that includes having three kids at a young age and not being married, having tattoos and piercings, and other things that make me who I am. People are always going to find something to judge you about...
Ooh, Hampton is pretty close! I bet one of the Speedys you saw was my former friend from high school roaming around :giggles: