Even in an ebay slump, some people ares still nuts!

^ i guess it's because they want to be sure they get the item. for example a lot of times when there's a BIN OBO the seller just waits until they get a few offers before picking the best (highest) one. so you may submit an offer that's less than BIN, but there's a chance that soon after someone else comes along with a better offer and then the seller will just give it to them.

or it could be cuz they don't want to wait the 48 hours or whatever to get their offer approved or whatever..who knows. i've never done it, never been that desparate for a bag (yet!) ;)

Totally crazy! I also don't get it when people BIN when there is a Best Offer option. I mean doesn't that automatically mean the seller is willing to take a little less than the BIN price???

The seller may be willing, but if there are multiple offers you still might not get it. Plus, I have made an offer on something I really wanted and then had someone else come along and BIN when they see that there is already an offer on it. You take your chances if it is a hot item.

I saw that too! I think someone just bid really high so they would win, not thinking it would REALLY go that HIGH! Crazy! I wonder if the winner paid??