EU Dental Experience DJS + V-line

They quoted me 27 million krw… only 10% off if I do the model program. I’m not sure if I should try to get that lower because it’s a lot more than you were quoted. Has swelling gone down much? Have you been able to get out and do much around Seoul or not feeling up to it?
Here to say that I'm also doing a consultation over KKT right now and they also quoted me 27mil for the 3 procedures and 10% off for modeling.

Disappointed but I'll try to haggle down :sad:

Week 3

I can open my mouth a little more wider. I can easily fit one finger in, as opposed to struggling to do so before. I'm still scared to chew so I've still just been mashing food with my tongue against my palate. However, I'm pretty much back to eating most things except hard and crunchy foods. I've been living off 7-11 convenience store since I'm too lazy to cook. It's insane how much weight I've lost. It feels so eerie to look at my arms because it's so so thin, almost like completely a skeleton. I really want to put my weight back on, but it takes forever to eat just one meal.

Most sensation has also come back to my face. There are still a few places where it's numb, but nowhere near as bad as the first week. My face is also less stiff. As a result my talking is also almost back to normal! So far, recovery has been pretty smooth sailing.

The swelling has subsided even more. After feeling my jawline, my right side feels like it's indented or something? Like my left side is definitely more smooth than my right side. I can't really see it since the swelling it still substantial enough, but I really hope it's not going to be obvious. I'm kind of scared, and for some reason they won't provide me any information on the surgery, including access to imaging scans or even the specifics of what they did with my jaw. I'm going to try and press on a little further. I really hope it's not botched. I messaged Sheila about it but she hasn't replied in two days.

Last edited:
Reactions: smmerbby
Week 3

I can open my mouth a little more wider. I can easily fit one finger in, as opposed to struggling to do so before. I'm still scared to chew so I've still just been mashing food with my tongue against my palate. However, I'm pretty much back to eating most things except hard and crunchy foods. I've been living off 7-11 convenience store since I'm too lazy to cook. It's insane how much weight I've lost. It feels so eerie to look at my arms because it's so so thin, almost like completely a skeleton. I really want to put my weight back on, but it takes forever to eat just one meal.

Most sensation has also come back to my face. There are still a few places where it's numb, but nowhere near as bad as the first week. My face is also less stiff. As a result my talking is also almost back to normal! So far, recovery has been pretty smooth sailing.

The swelling has subsided even more. After feeling my jawline, my right side feels like it's indented or something? Like my left side is definitely more smooth than my right side. I can't really see it since the swelling it still substantial enough, but I really hope it's not going to be obvious. I'm kind of scared, and for some reason they won't provide me any information on the surgery, including access to imaging scans or even the specifics of what they did with my jaw. I'm going to try and press on a little further. I really hope it's not botched. I messaged Sheila about it but she hasn't replied in two days.
Wow I’m so sorry this is happening! Do you have kkt I could message you on? Sorry I have some questions but not sure about asking them here. If you have what’s app I can use that as well if you send me the user through DM here. I hope you are doing ok!

Week 3

Any updates on the dent?

Reactions: babylemonmoo
Week 4
My final day in Seoul. I had my final appointment in which they took more imaging of my jaw along with getting my screws out which was surprisingly not painful at all (it does bleed though, but it stops within 5 min). You also have a final consultation with the surgeon where he shows you the imaging of your jaw and discusses the changes with you. You also have the chance to ask any questions. I asked about the jaw unevenness again. He said there wasn't (???) but I could literally see that my mandible wasn't smooth how it originally/naturally was. But he then said he was limited bc of where the nerve lies. I also told him I came down with hearing loss and the surgeon told me to visit an ENT asap when I go back to my home country but it wasn't urgent.

Week 5+
I'm back in my home country now. I visited the GP for the hearing loss and he strongly suspects eustachian tube dysfunction which can occur due to the swelling and has referred me to an ENT for more evaluation. I may have to undergo more surgery to get it fixed :/ The hearing loss is pretty mild, I would compare it like to having blocked ears after you've been in the pool. And then when I yawn my hearing goes back to normal as if it's popped if that makes sense? The other changes I think are perfect and I suppose it offsets that one thing I don't like (for now, anyways. I just hope my jawline doesn't get more obvious).

As for recovery, my jaw is still very stiff and I still look awkward when I talk, and especially when I smile. However, I can talk completely fine now. I've noticed much of my gums are still numb but the sensation on the rest of my face has pretty much completely come back. I'd say the swelling has gone down enough to the point where I'm normal passing to any average stranger, but obviously I can tell that I'm still partly swollen.

Do they offer braces etc orthodontic services?

No, you have to find and pay for your own orthodontist back in your home country. They technically do offer braces as they have their own in-house orthodontist, but for it to be viable you'd have to be in Korea the entirety of receiving the treatment since you have monthly checkups/adjustments. Note that many orthodontists may be very reluctant to treat you as you've undergone surgery first which complicates things and makes it much more difficult to treat you. They also warned me of this, so it's something to keep in mind. Note that you don't always need braces after, but in my scenario they told me I had to.

Any updates on the dent?

As for the unevenness of the jaw, it's still definitely there but mild enough to the point where I would be completely fine with it as it's hardly noticeable at all. From a front on perspective my face is symmetrical... it's just the side view. However I'm scared that as my jawline becomes more defined as the skin & muscle re-attaches + swelling goes down, it'll be more obvious. EU eventually did reply. They said the bumpiness is actually very common and often due to the muscles and underlying tissue after surgery, and it'll go away eventually. I sent them a picture and they said it just looked like swelling and to be patient, but I'm not buying it at all... I literally saw the x-rays as well...

Week 4
My final day in Seoul. I had my final appointment in which they took more imaging of my jaw along with getting my screws out which was surprisingly not painful at all (it does bleed though, but it stops within 5 min). You also have a final consultation with the surgeon where he shows you the imaging of your jaw and discusses the changes with you. You also have the chance to ask any questions. I asked about the jaw unevenness again. He said there wasn't (???) but I could literally see that my mandible wasn't smooth how it originally/naturally was. But he then said he was limited bc of where the nerve lies. I also told him I came down with hearing loss and the surgeon told me to visit an ENT asap when I go back to my home country but it wasn't urgent.

Week 5+
I'm back in my home country now. I visited the GP for the hearing loss and he strongly suspects eustachian tube dysfunction which can occur due to the swelling and has referred me to an ENT for more evaluation. I may have to undergo more surgery to get it fixed :/ The hearing loss is pretty mild, I would compare it like to having blocked ears after you've been in the pool. And then when I yawn my hearing goes back to normal as if it's popped if that makes sense? The other changes I think are perfect and I suppose it offsets that one thing I don't like (for now, anyways. I just hope my jawline doesn't get more obvious).

As for recovery, my jaw is still very stiff and I still look awkward when I talk, and especially when I smile. However, I can talk completely fine now. I've noticed much of my gums are still numb but the sensation on the rest of my face has pretty much completely come back. I'd say the swelling has gone down enough to the point where I'm normal passing to any average stranger, but obviously I can tell that I'm still partly swollen.

No, you have to find and pay for your own orthodontist back in your home country. They technically do offer braces as they have their own in-house orthodontist, but for it to be viable you'd have to be in Korea the entirety of receiving the treatment since you have monthly checkups/adjustments. Note that many orthodontists may be very reluctant to treat you as you've undergone surgery first which complicates things and makes it much more difficult to treat you. They also warned me of this, so it's something to keep in mind. Note that you don't always need braces after, but in my scenario they told me I had to.

As for the unevenness of the jaw, it's still definitely there but mild enough to the point where I would be completely fine with it as it's hardly noticeable at all. From a front on perspective my face is symmetrical... it's just the side view. However I'm scared that as my jawline becomes more defined as the skin & muscle re-attaches + swelling goes down, it'll be more obvious. EU eventually did reply. They said the bumpiness is actually very common and often due to the muscles and underlying tissue after surgery, and it'll go away eventually. I sent them a picture and they said it just looked like swelling and to be patient, but I'm not buying it at all... I literally saw the x-rays as well...
I hope you are okay, how is it with your senses? Did you regain sense in your entire face? Can I ask what procedures you got? I’ll be following your process on this thread

it's normal to experience stiffness and inconsistency of swelling too. generally 3 months would be a decent time frame for most to look normal, there are some who definitely don't need 3 months, or needed more time as well. numbness is subjective. everyone's healing pace is different. however, there are also people who experienced permanent numbness example from their chin, not for sure, but a percentage of them definitely do. usually double jaw should only impact lower half of the face (in terms of numbness).
im lazy to reply to some threads i have seen, but for anyone who is new to double jaw surgeries, when in doubt if you need the surgery, do consider consulting an orthodontist and/or OMS in your home country first. depending on the class bite, you might or might not need orthodontics treatment (braces) first. so no, not true whoever whom kept insisting you would need braces first before double jaw surgery. a qualified orthodontist or OMS should be able to qualify you as a candidate for surgery first then braces, or braces-surgery-braces.
I hope you are okay, how is it with your senses? Did you regain sense in your entire face? Can I ask what procedures you got? I’ll be following your process on this thread

So I recently did a consultation with EU over kkt and they said they were really booked for September so I could only get a surgery date that's pretty late into my planned trip. They said I can get the operation on Sep 19th, but I'd be leaving for my home country on Oct 1st. Oct 1st would be 12 days post-op, do you guys think it'd be possible for me to get my stitches taken out that day?

They said there is a possibility that I'd have to take stitches out in my home country, which isn't the end of the world but certainly is not preferred.

So I recently did a consultation with EU over kkt and they said they were really booked for September so I could only get a surgery date that's pretty late into my planned trip. They said I can get the operation on Sep 19th, but I'd be leaving for my home country on Oct 1st. Oct 1st would be 12 days post-op, do you guys think it'd be possible for me to get my stitches taken out that day?

They said there is a possibility that I'd have to take stitches out in my home country, which isn't the end of the world but certainly is not preferred.

you would probably want to follow 2 weeks as a standard time for stitch removal. even when it's properly healed after 14 days, stitch removal hurts a lot more than expected. this is from my experience, also so far everyone i have spoken to said the same. the screws removal on the other hand doesn't hurt but you might bleed a little. if you need to leave, get a memo and have it removed in your home country. or if you feel rushed, just skipped the operation for this trip.

you would probably want to follow 2 weeks as a standard time for stitch removal. even when it's properly healed after 14 days, stitch removal hurts a lot more than expected. this is from my experience, also so far everyone i have spoken to said the same. the screws removal on the other hand doesn't hurt but you might bleed a little. if you need to leave, get a memo and have it removed in your home country. or if you feel rushed, just skipped the operation for this trip.

Hmm I see... But don't they need to do some other checkups such as taking x-rays / etc after removing the stitches? How difficult would it be to get that done, given a doctor in my home country would have no background on what I did in Korea?

In the same vein, do I just like, contact any oral & maxillofacial surgery center in my area and ask them for a stitch removal appointment? I feel like a lot of places in the US will require a consultation before doing anything

Reactions: babylemonmoo
Hmm I see... But don't they need to do some other checkups such as taking x-rays / etc after removing the stitches? How difficult would it be to get that done, given a doctor in my home country would have no background on what I did in Korea?

In the same vein, do I just like, contact any oral & maxillofacial surgery center in my area and ask them for a stitch removal appointment? I feel like a lot of places in the US will require a consultation before doing anything
I have never heard of it being ok to leave 12 days after. If it’s double jaw don’t do that, I was told by 5 or so different clinics in Korea that 4/5 weeks is the minimum. If something goes wrong which is more common with djs then you will not be in a good situation leaving. After rhinoplasty and other operations they often do not even suggest flying for awhile after. I would not do it this way.

What surgery are you doing? I think if you doing facial countour (not DJS), 12 days should be fine. DA hospital said 10 days is enough for fc