Essay: My very vain rejection of my Coach bag (No judgement please...)

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
i enjoyed that quite a bit, buttery...i think many of us here have had similar episodes with our coach bags...

i just feel like, with all the time and energy i spend looking around for bags and thinking about bags and deciding on bags, i don't want to see the same one on the shoulders of far less bag-conscious people waiting to order a Big Mac. it's made me carry my one coach less, and it's still the only reservation i have about LV (even though i love and carry both of mine regularly).

i put in the work, dammit, i deserve the most fabulous bag in the room!

yayagirl6

Jan 30, 2006
Okay, I'm gonna need to see the Aaneta bag so that I too can stay in denial and feel like the artist who can do 150 stomach crunches, and kick a$$ in Spin class!!!!!! That's one magic bag:love:

minicoop

O.G.
Jan 28, 2006
I may have written that essay, buttery, except for the crunches and spinning part! (ugh, gotta work out)

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
Hollywood, CA
I feel that exact same way with Coach - I live less than 30 minutes from a Coach Outlet store which means that you can get a coach bag cheaper than a DKNY at the local TJMaxxx out here.

the other thing that I seemed to outgrow is the LV trend...it seems that once I turned 30, LV was suddenly in the same category as shimmery eyeshadow...in the closet!! LOL

My favorites these days are celine, versace, pucci, ferragamo, BV and I must admit, my new low-end casual bag of choice these days are Botkier.

Serendipity

Nov 28, 2005
Cute essay! I still pull all of my bags out. I wrote in another thread its funny how I use a certain bag in a certain area of NJ and all I see is "that" bag. If I pulled out a Balenciaga and walked thru Wayne NJ I would be one of the few but take out the Coach and I would be of approx. 80%.

iloveelmo

O.G.
Mar 15, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
I hear ya! Where I live, (Fairly Small Town, Canada) Coach bags are pretty rare, however I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, and they were everywhere. I have a limited edition, and didn't see any exactly like mine, but still it kind of affected me. In fact I tried to switch my Prada hobo to the Coach bag last night, and I couldn't do it, :shame: Vegas kept popping into my head.

Nice to know there are others similarily affected.;)

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I see a lot of Coach in my area but haven't seen exact same as mine.

Can you post a pic of the Coach bag that is tucked away in your closet? I'm curious.

I enjoyed your essay. Funny thing for me is I was trying to decide what bag to carry yesterday. I was taking my 6 yr old grandson to the mall to the Rainforest Cafe. I had planned on my LV Montsouris MM backpack but decided it was too small. Then my Tivoli GM but I wanted my Bleeker Cooper embossed. In the end I carried my Legacy Turnlock Tote which came in handy for carrying my grandson's extras plus later that day he set a muddied bottom shopping bag on top of my tote. Thankfully the mud wiped off. No damage done.

Caspin22

Hopelessly addicted
Mar 1, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Ladies, the original post was made 8 years ago. Someone resurrected a very old thread. I doubt the OP is still around.

"Real bad girls move in silence-CC"

vanhornink

O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
FLORIDA
I see a lot of Coach in my area but haven't seen exact same as mine.

Can you post a pic of the Coach bag that is tucked away in your closet? I'm curious.

I enjoyed your essay. Funny thing for me is I was trying to decide what bag to carry yesterday. I was taking my 6 yr old grandson to the mall to the Rainforest Cafe. I had planned on my LV Montsouris MM backpack but decided it was too small. Then my Tivoli GM but I wanted my Bleeker Cooper embossed. In the end I carried my Legacy Turnlock Tote which came in handy for carrying my grandson's extras plus later that day he set a muddied bottom shopping bag on top of my tote. Thankfully the mud wiped off. No damage done.

We share a bag, my only LV I currently have is the Montsouris MM Backpack and that is the reason why I don't carry it all the time cause its too small but once in a while/if we do Disney, I take her out for a while..

shminbabe

Aug 12, 2012
Wow, an eight-year-old post sees a resurgence as it is jolted upthread by those of us who think about these things!

To this, I say, Louis Vuitton is also everywhere, on the arms of women young and old, rich and struggling. Do I still like LV? Yes. Do I still like my Coach bags? Yes.

I'll tell you what's worse than a 'mom bag'.

Mom jeans.

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
We share a bag, my only LV I currently have is the Montsouris MM Backpack and that is the reason why I don't carry it all the time cause its too small but once in a while/if we do Disney, I take her out for a while..
I use to have the GM but sold it. I use the MM in snowstorm days or for walking.