Essay: My very vain rejection of my Coach bag (No judgement please...)

i enjoyed that quite a bit, buttery...i think many of us here have had similar episodes with our coach bags...

i just feel like, with all the time and energy i spend looking around for bags and thinking about bags and deciding on bags, i don't want to see the same one on the shoulders of far less bag-conscious people waiting to order a Big Mac. it's made me carry my one coach less, and it's still the only reservation i have about LV (even though i love and carry both of mine regularly).

i put in the work, dammit, i deserve the most fabulous bag in the room!

Okay, I'm gonna need to see the Aaneta bag so that I too can stay in denial and feel like the artist who can do 150 stomach crunches, and kick a$$ in Spin class!!!!!! That's one magic bag:love:

I feel that exact same way with Coach - I live less than 30 minutes from a Coach Outlet store which means that you can get a coach bag cheaper than a DKNY at the local TJMaxxx out here.

the other thing that I seemed to outgrow is the LV trend...it seems that once I turned 30, LV was suddenly in the same category as shimmery eyeshadow...in the closet!! LOL

My favorites these days are celine, versace, pucci, ferragamo, BV and I must admit, my new low-end casual bag of choice these days are Botkier.

Cute essay! I still pull all of my bags out. I wrote in another thread its funny how I use a certain bag in a certain area of NJ and all I see is "that" bag. If I pulled out a Balenciaga and walked thru Wayne NJ I would be one of the few but take out the Coach and I would be of approx. 80%.

I hear ya! Where I live, (Fairly Small Town, Canada) Coach bags are pretty rare, however I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, and they were everywhere. I have a limited edition, and didn't see any exactly like mine, but still it kind of affected me. In fact I tried to switch my Prada hobo to the Coach bag last night, and I couldn't do it, :shame: Vegas kept popping into my head.

Nice to know there are others similarily affected.;)

I see a lot of Coach in my area but haven't seen exact same as mine.

Can you post a pic of the Coach bag that is tucked away in your closet? I'm curious.

I enjoyed your essay. Funny thing for me is I was trying to decide what bag to carry yesterday. I was taking my 6 yr old grandson to the mall to the Rainforest Cafe. I had planned on my LV Montsouris MM backpack but decided it was too small. Then my Tivoli GM but I wanted my Bleeker Cooper embossed. In the end I carried my Legacy Turnlock Tote which came in handy for carrying my grandson's extras plus later that day he set a muddied bottom shopping bag on top of my tote. Thankfully the mud wiped off. No damage done.

Ladies, the original post was made 8 years ago. Someone resurrected a very old thread. I doubt the OP is still around.

"Real bad girls move in silence-CC"

I see a lot of Coach in my area but haven't seen exact same as mine.

Can you post a pic of the Coach bag that is tucked away in your closet? I'm curious.

I enjoyed your essay. Funny thing for me is I was trying to decide what bag to carry yesterday. I was taking my 6 yr old grandson to the mall to the Rainforest Cafe. I had planned on my LV Montsouris MM backpack but decided it was too small. Then my Tivoli GM but I wanted my Bleeker Cooper embossed. In the end I carried my Legacy Turnlock Tote which came in handy for carrying my grandson's extras plus later that day he set a muddied bottom shopping bag on top of my tote. Thankfully the mud wiped off. No damage done.

We share a bag, my only LV I currently have is the Montsouris MM Backpack and that is the reason why I don't carry it all the time cause its too small but once in a while/if we do Disney, I take her out for a while..

Wow, an eight-year-old post sees a resurgence as it is jolted upthread by those of us who think about these things!

To this, I say, Louis Vuitton is also everywhere, on the arms of women young and old, rich and struggling. Do I still like LV? Yes. Do I still like my Coach bags? Yes.

I'll tell you what's worse than a 'mom bag'.

Mom jeans.