Essay: My very vain rejection of my Coach bag (No judgement please...)

vanhornink

O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
FLORIDA
I use to have the GM but sold it. I use the MM in snowstorm days or for walking.

Funny you mention the GM I have thought about buying one of those, used of course because then I would have more room but from what I can tell the bottom of those are about the same size its just taller is that true?? Since you had one you could probably answer it.

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Wow, an eight-year-old post sees a resurgence as it is jolted upthread by those of us who think about these things!

To this, I say, Louis Vuitton is also everywhere, on the arms of women young and old, rich and struggling. Do I still like LV? Yes. Do I still like my Coach bags? Yes.

I'll tell you what's worse than a 'mom bag'.

Mom jeans.
I use to carry LV only. But then needed some variety. And then last year I started liking Coach again thanks to Phoebe. And then onto Boroughs. Now it's the Bleeker Coopers. I like my 2 Legacy bags because they remind me of Coach when I first liked it before I went LV exclusive.

No Mom jeans for me. I'm a Nana. No Nana jeans either.

Jennifoo

Dec 15, 2012
Illinois
Wow, an eight-year-old post sees a resurgence as it is jolted upthread by those of us who think about these things!

To this, I say, Louis Vuitton is also everywhere, on the arms of women young and old, rich and struggling. Do I still like LV? Yes. Do I still like my Coach bags? Yes.

I'll tell you what's worse than a 'mom bag'.

Mom jeans.
So true! I think that mom jeans have been made extinct, but every now and then I see a fashion victim in them. I also see them at Goodwill.

On a par with mom jeans- mullets. I've seen several even as recent as 2008. Sad. Just sad.....

Jennifoo

Dec 15, 2012
Illinois
I actually enjoyed reading the essay, even though it is 8 years old. I found it humorous and true. In my area, I see a lot of Coach, mainly signature C outlet bags. A few months ago I saw a woman at Target with a fuschia duffle and wanted to hug her. You go girl. ;)

Thatsmypurse

May 28, 2013
New Jersey
Love your essay! I tend to see the logo or siggy bags alot, which I have only one of...I prefer leather Coach, non sig...IMO Coach has many new styles each season and I don't see my bag coming or going ! I actually only saw one women with my same Coach bag ( bright Coral Willis) in the outlet store! We complimented each other on our good taste and bold style( we were wearing this bright bag in December amongst a sea of black and brown bags! Lol!) Just wear what you love and if u think its a "mom" bag...who cares....Moms are awesome! Moms have style too! I know I do!