Essay: My very vain rejection of my Coach bag (No judgement please...)

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Wow, an eight-year-old post sees a resurgence as it is jolted upthread by those of us who think about these things!

To this, I say, Louis Vuitton is also everywhere, on the arms of women young and old, rich and struggling. Do I still like LV? Yes. Do I still like my Coach bags? Yes.

I'll tell you what's worse than a 'mom bag'.

Mom jeans.
I use to carry LV only. But then needed some variety. And then last year I started liking Coach again thanks to Phoebe. And then onto Boroughs. Now it's the Bleeker Coopers. I like my 2 Legacy bags because they remind me of Coach when I first liked it before I went LV exclusive.

No Mom jeans for me. I'm a Nana. No Nana jeans either.

Jennifoo

Dec 15, 2012
Wow, an eight-year-old post sees a resurgence as it is jolted upthread by those of us who think about these things!

To this, I say, Louis Vuitton is also everywhere, on the arms of women young and old, rich and struggling. Do I still like LV? Yes. Do I still like my Coach bags? Yes.

I'll tell you what's worse than a 'mom bag'.

Mom jeans.
So true! I think that mom jeans have been made extinct, but every now and then I see a fashion victim in them. I also see them at Goodwill.

On a par with mom jeans- mullets. I've seen several even as recent as 2008. Sad. Just sad.....

Jennifoo

Dec 15, 2012
I actually enjoyed reading the essay, even though it is 8 years old. I found it humorous and true. In my area, I see a lot of Coach, mainly signature C outlet bags. A few months ago I saw a woman at Target with a fuschia duffle and wanted to hug her. You go girl. ;)

Thatsmypurse

May 28, 2013
Love your essay! I tend to see the logo or siggy bags alot, which I have only one of...I prefer leather Coach, non sig...IMO Coach has many new styles each season and I don't see my bag coming or going ! I actually only saw one women with my same Coach bag ( bright Coral Willis) in the outlet store! We complimented each other on our good taste and bold style( we were wearing this bright bag in December amongst a sea of black and brown bags! Lol!) Just wear what you love and if u think its a "mom" bag...who cares....Moms are awesome! Moms have style too! I know I do!