Epilators

...Now I want to get a top of the line Braun Silk-Epil X'Elle, but unfortunately, in my country (US) it only comes with a standard head and a shaver attachments - no facial attachment, no head for underarms and bikini, no starting head that it has in Europe. I wonder, is it possible to buy these attachments separately somewhere on the internet??? And will they be compatible with my US-made epilator (due to different voltage)?

Perhaps calling the Braun customer service number and/or emailing them regarding your question might be helpful. It is odd the USA does not have the various attachments for "the top of the line Braun Silk-Epil X'Elle" and begs the question WHY? :confused1:

Perhaps calling the Braun customer service number and/or emailing them regarding your question might be helpful. It is odd the USA does not have the various attachments for "the top of the line Braun Silk-Epil X'Elle" and begs the question WHY? :confused1:

I called local Braun service center, and they told me they can't sell attachments from other countries here. They also told me the attachments will not work with the US-made epilator, but I asked other people who know about electronics and similar devices, and they told me it will. Also, Braun lists the same parts numbers for the US and foreign-made attachments, so I would think if they were not identical, they would have had different parts numbers.

I can understand why Braun don't sell epilators here. They are virtually impossible to find in stores, have zero advertising, and the majority of salespeople don't even know what the word "epilator" means! :wtf: If you ask them "where do you have epilators?", they say: "what? applicators?", and look at you as if you're from another planet! :cursing: Even if you show them a picture, they wouldn't know what it is!!! :mad:

I bought my epilator almost 3 months ago, but I still haven't used it :shame:

Can you ladies please enable me to use it? It scares me to death since it sounds like a lawnmower! :lol:

I bought my epilator almost 3 months ago, but I still haven't used it :shame:

Can you ladies please enable me to use it? It scares me to death since it sounds like a lawnmower! :lol:

Try it right after your period is over, and take a painkiller 30 mins before attempting the "torture device". Try a small area on your lower leg first... don't jump in the bikini/armpit upperleg region.

I just bought the one from Philips today and used it on my legs. It was absolutely the best hair removal method I've ever tried. I'm usually not very tolerant of pain, but this really wasn't that bad. It felt more like small pinches, and I got used to them within a couple minutes. Best part of all, it left my legs super smooth! :biggrin:

Yesterday, I was browsing around at Target and spotted the Braun Silk-Epil X'Elle. I was really surprised because Target's website had said that it was not available in stores, so I quickly picked one up. I came home and was very hesitant to use it, because I wasn't sure if I would be able to take the pain. I decided to try it, and was really surprised when I didn't feel anything at all. Maybe it's because the hair on my legs are really fine and the growth is super slow (and sparse, for some reason), but I couldn't feel it. Although there were some areas that hurt more (the back upper thighs) and I did see my skin turn pink (but it went away really quickly), I'm so happy that I bought this epillator! I seriously think it's the best beauty purchase that I've made this summer!

P.S. - I love the little light!

I'm still scared to try it on my armpits and bikini area though. Has anyone tried it there? How bad is the pain? >_<

When I tried it on the armpit area it took just one time to get used to, and ever since I've been using it no problem.

As for bikini area, it's a bit more tricky, may hurt a few sessions (for me and take some encouragement to use it again) but the more frequently you use it the better, it's also better to make sure you stretch your skin slightly. Turn on the vacuum cleaner, hair dryer or some loud music to distract you and go for it!
Keeping it up is the key and in no time it won't even hurt, this is what I found.