Epi Brea MM or the Elegie in Fusian...

Which bag should I get?

• Idylle Elegie in Fusian

• Epi Brea MM in Noir

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi all,
I've been having a super hard time deciding between the Epi Brea in Noir or the Idylle Elegie bag in Fusian. I love that the Epi Brea is all leather and understated while the Idylle Elegie seems more comfortable since it is soft and it has a strap long enough for cross-body wear - perfect for traveling abroad.

I'd love to hear your opinion between the two as I haven't been able to make up my mind. I surfed the purse forum about the Elegie and I'm surprised this functional bag isn't more popular. With the Epi Brea, I wonder if it looks a little too formal even though I love clean looking lines with my bags. Please help! Thanks! :biggrin:

This is a tough one since they are two totally different bags. But I would choose the Brea over the Elegie since Brea is leather and the Elegie is uncoated canvas. I'm worry that the color of the Elegie might fade in the long run.

EarthX - ooooo I just took a look at the Vernis and it is gorgy! The only issue I have with it is that the top and strap will vachetta over time. I'm not messy but I'm not a big fan about worrying about how it will turn over time or if it will get dirty easily. But then again, all the colors are to die for! :smile: I think it would be perfect if the handle and strap was with the same material... hmmm definitely something to consider though. The Vernis Brea is still a bit formal but the Vernis material makes it a lot more fun. I have a question: Does Vernis scratch easily?

Alexis- Both bags I listed are within the same price point... and they are completely different. I do have a concern about the fabric of the Idylle too since it is so new but I love the buckle on it. Sigh, what's a girl to do?

Thanks to all those who gave their input. :smile: I need all the help I can get since I'm being so indecisive.

Saks is doing their gift card promotion so I'm trying to decide by tomorrow or latest Friday. The saks in my area has a LV store in it. It would be a great deal to be able to get a gift card for buying a purse I've been eyeing... I still have to call to ask if the gift card is included with a LV purchase. I read the disclaimer and LV isn't listed as one of the brands that this deal is excluded from. Does anyone know? Otherwise, I've got more time to decide. :smile:

Last edited:
I love the Elegie but with these 2 choices I would vote for Brea because I think 10 years from now I think the Brea still hold up well compared to the Elegie.

Vernis does not scratch that easy..
The only time you only got to really take care of it that much is when you're using a vernis wallet,,

Go with a pomme brea!! :love:
(Do they have a pomme brea? If they don't,
The amarante is pretty cute on the brea)

I LOVE the amarante brea. Fell in love with it today. I asked someone with both the epi and vernis and learned that the Vernis Brea also comes in the PM size for 1040. I called LV and it's sold out everywhere but they are getting a new batch in. She didn't have an approximate time but she said within a couple weeks or so. I thought it was being discontinued since I didn't even see it online but that's not the case. The MM size is priced at 1760; I could get another purse or wallet with the PM and MM price difference. I think if the vernis Brea had been priced around 1400ish that would have been better. That's around the same price difference as the Alma BB vs the Alma.

I have a epi brea on hold so I'll go take a look within the next few days. LV in saks doesn't participate in the gift card promotion - oh well, couldn't hurt to ask so I'm no longer in a huge hurry. I just wish I lived closer to the stores.

Still love the Elegie but I'd rather have a sturdier material. Thanks to everyone who helped me with my decision. We all know how it is sometimes. :smile:

^The Epi Brea MM is certainly much cheaper than the Vernis Brea and you don't have any vachetta to worry about!

Glad that the vernis PM size hasn't been discontinued where you live (I think it has been DC in the States for a while now). I was choosing between the vernis Brea PM and roxbury drive but went for the RD as I like the shape better than the PM.