Review EOS lip balm- all flavors

*Jem*

Lynnsanity
O.G.
May 7, 2006
Product name/shade: EOS lip balm- all flavors

Review: The cute packaging sucked me in with these. I bought the set of 3 at Walgreens. They have a really great scent too. Application is fun and easy as well. They do not moisturize at all! They last maybe 10 minutes on my lips and I put a ton on. I always put some sort of balm or moisturizer on my lips while I am applying makeup and this usually disappears from my lips before I get to my car. Very dissapointing. I much prefer my MAC tlc in strobe or fresh sugar lip treatment, they are very moisturizing.

Price: $9.99 for a set of 3. I think 1 is around $2.50 or so

Will purchase again: No way.

Where to find it: Walgreens and several places online

I was beginning to think that I was the only one who didn't care for the the EOS. I see them advertised everywhere, and my local drugstore was sold out so many times and I was kinda bummed. I finally found the fruit one and snatched it up, but to my surprise it was nothing spectacular, not moisturizing at all for me. Glad I'm not the only one :smile:
I love the packaging, just not the product.

The ball EOS might not be very moisturizing, but it does leave a good protective coating on my lips and is a good base for lipsticks. I don't think I will buy more of them, but they are somewhat useful until it runs out.

lol I believe I am the only one that is in love with these. Not super duper moisturizing but I still search for it in my bottomless bag and toss other lip products aside during the search. Maybe it's the amazing scent of summer fruit that draws me in but I actually lost one of mine and went back and ordered 5 more in different scents. The stick vanilla is like heaven :smile:

I too thought I was the only one who hated these, all I've seen is raves over EOS balms. I got a free one last year and have tried it, maybe, twice. I'll stick to my Korres Lip Butters- THOSE actually work.

I agree these are overrated. I got it when they were giving them away for free last year. I use it at night after washing my face and getting ready for bed but that's about it.

I too got it for free last year. The packaging is adorable and the mint scent smells great but the actual product is nothing special.

I like it because its cute and was free. I would not spend my money on these.

I got one of these for free during their promotion awhile back and I must say I love the packaging but definitely not a fan of the balm itself. )=

Sad I really wanted to like it too.. just threw it away during one of my cleaning sprees.

When I first saw my friends with them I had to try it out. When I first tried it I liked the scent (honeysuckle honeydew) but found that they didn't help at all with the layer of dry skin on my lips. I was surprised that my MAC cremesheen did a better job at penetrating my lips and peeling off the dry skin.

But then I it again and I was hooked. My lips don't always need a lot of moisture and the consistency makes it perfect as a base for lipstick or gloss. I think it's good on me for maintaining soft lips but if your lips need more moisture then you'd be better off with something else.

Also I tried the stick version and although the texture is different and seems more moisturizing, it doesn't last at all on my lips. In the future I'll stick to my balls.:biggrin: