Entry Level Bags - what does it mean?

I believe it is called that because they are the lower priced bags. A person who is starting out with LV is more like to start with those bags because of the lower price tag. The speedy has been an "entry level" bag for many many people. Myself included!

Actually, even after purchasing a few other bags...I think my next bag is going to be another speedy!

that's true but I consider the simple [timeless] designs as another reason. These bags can be carried everyday and pull together an outfit - which is great for your first LV.

I'm sure they're called Entry Level because of the lower price tag, but really, these "most affordable" ones can really get you going on a bad habit!!! I know I got my first speedy 25 practically for free (rewards certificates from Bloomies and all), and it was Way downhill (or up-cost?) from there!

Don't let the term, "entry level" bother you....
It's a LOUIS VUITTON !!!, and of course, the bags come in all price ranges. There has to be a starting price and a ridiculously lavish stupid price (remember that ugly $46K one the patchwork tribute Beyonce bought?) for LV, and whenever I hear the term "entry-level", it makes me laugh, as what we may consider "entry-level" some others think of as totally outrageous!!!!

LV has geared these bags for those who are probably purchasing their very first LV bag, the ones that come to mind are the Speedy 25s (notice how all these, despite the different canvas are all the same prices) and the Neverfull PMs.

i posted in another thread that in retail they call these sorts of bags cash cows. they are the cheaper items that get new customers into stores. once you are there you end up wanting more and spending more.
it doesnt stop me loving my speedy though.

back in the 60s during the Apollo space missions, the astronauts fell back to earth in a space capsule. During "entry level" the men endured a harrowing hurtle back to earth at excrutiating speed and intense heat. The stress on the body was enormous and sometimes would cause them to "eliminate" in their space suits. NASA however, anticipating this, came up with a large diaper (see: Lisa Novak) shaped very much like the popular "Speedy" (the name was also found to be quite appropo.)
Hence, the birth of the Entry Level Bag.

(wow. was my nose always this long?)

back in the 60s during the Apollo space missions, the astronauts fell back to earth in a space capsule. During "entry level" the men endured a harrowing hurtle back to earth at excrutiating speed and intense heat. The stress on the body was enormous and sometimes would cause them to "eliminate" in their space suits. NASA however, anticipating this, came up with a large diaper (see: Lisa Novak) shaped very much like the popular "Speedy" (the name was also found to be quite appropo.)

too funny!!:roflmfao:

THis is an interesting thread. I totally did the opposite, entered LV by getting pretty much the most expensive bag they had at the time. I feel like I am done now, nothing else for me to spend my money on at LV.

OMG shoo that's hilarious!! :tup:

it does not matter what bag you buy neverfull pm or speedy 25..i dont consider those entry level..i consider those the beat around bags..the ones you use EVERYDAY..instead of the higher priced bags that might be more coveted and you dont want to use everyday..LV IS LV and theres no entry level bag to me..i've purchased $2,500 Rita, and also got a neverfull/lockit which are around $700-800 whats wrong with that?
Oh you have Rita, I just LOVE that bag, it's my fav...aaaaaaaaah one day.