Entrupy is not dependable!

I absolutely hate entrupy for giving me such a headache on my recent deal. A bag I sold which was purchased from the official store in the UK with a paid authentication from proauthenticators was returned by a buyer because it was tagged “UNIDENTIFIED” by Entrupy. Even after it was offered to have the bag taken to another local authenticator in the area and have it reauthenticated for Free, buyer still insisted he only trusts Entrupy. The bag is guaranteed authentic. Don’t know but I’ve seen fakes before and this definitely is not one of them.

I absolutely hate entrupy for giving me such a headache on my recent deal. A bag I sold which was purchased from the official store in the UK with a paid authentication from proauthenticators was returned by a buyer because it was tagged “UNIDENTIFIED” by Entrupy. Even after it was offered to have the bag taken to another local authenticator in the area and have it reauthenticated for Free, buyer still insisted he only trusts Entrupy. The bag is guaranteed authentic. Don’t know but I’ve seen fakes before and this definitely is not one of them.
What brand was it?

What brand was it?
The buyer turned out to be a reseller. After he haggled about $80 off my price, he came to pick up and first thing he said was, “Oh, it’s small!” Mind you, that bag was very gently used and retailed for more than $2000 but selling for less than $500. Then, the next day wanted to return saying he authenticated it through Entrupy and came back as fake. I figured later on that he probably really changed his mind about it. He resells mostly LVs and Chanels and understandable because those sell really fast no matter how bad the condition is as evident on his transactions/feedback.

Worked out for me in the end because I got another buyer right away who paid my actual asking price. ☺

I dont know if we can really trust Entrupy. I have Bags that purchased from the LV store. we have it authenticated with a Entrupy partner. the first result is unidentified ( maybe the first who took the photos didnt submit or take photos properly) so we rescan it with another entrupy partner the result is Authentic. how can be realible if you are scanning same bag and they different result. :sad:

Also Chanel ,first scan said its Authentic after 2-3months when you scan it again its unidentified. and you need to pay and pay per authentication for the same bag. Too sad a lot of people is still trusting Entrupy. waste of money.

Hello..
Very curious about entrupy.. but I see entrupy has insured that if the bag the stated authentic but in fact it is a fake one they will refund your money valued the bag you bought.. is it true? Anybody knows about this? Thx
-definitely not true. thats part of the marketing. they authenticated my bag that I bought from the store. they said its unidentified. I sent them the receipt and ask for dispute. they said disputes are only for Authentic items with a certificate.

Reactions: Cococovered
they said disputes are only for Authentic items with a certificate.
I wish some of the people who bought fakes that came with Entrupy certificates deeming them authentic knew they got fakes and disputed! The problem is that too many people trust that "artificial" intelligence is intelligent and don't consider that they got a mistake.

Reactions: IntheOcean
Did you consider sending your buyer a link to this thread? Or did you recommend she google "entrupy mistakes."

Since you have nothing to lose, I'd contact her and make a suggestion. She may still want to return but maybe it'll open her eyes.

(BTW, I wasn't aware that ProAuthenticators did Gucci nor does their website say that but that has nothing to do with the errors Entrupy makes.)

I wish some of the people who bought fakes that came with Entrupy certificates deeming them authentic knew they got fakes and disputed! The problem is that too many people trust that "artificial" intelligence is intelligent and don't consider that they got a mistake.

if the item is 100% Authentic and Entrupy says its "unidentified" No disputes at all. then the buyer will stick to that result even the item is really authentic.

Is eBay using Entrupy? I just saw an Hermes Constance listed for $705, "eBay authenticity guaranteed".......within a few hours it had been taken down.

That Constance was being sold by a zero feedback seller, it is unclear how they got that "Authenticity Guaranteed" tag on the listing. Perhaps the bag was removed because it was reported. There are certain sellers where the eBay listing of their bags states "Authenticity Guaranteed". My understanding is that pictures of these bags are reviewed prior to listing by the service that eBay uses, I won't name it.

It is confusing because eBay also offers an authenticity guarantee which becomes effective after the sale when an eligible (certain brands and over $500) handbag is shipped to the authenticators where it is inspected and checked again by various methods before being sent to the buyer by the authenticators. SNAD is not permitted on these items if they are NEW or LIKE NEW and seller has stated that they do not accept returns. https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags/index.html

Last edited:
That Constance was being sold by a zero feedback seller, it is unclear how they got that "Authenticity Guaranteed" tag on the listing. Perhaps the bag was removed because it was reported. There are certain sellers where the eBay listing of their bags states "Authenticity Guaranteed". My understanding is that pictures of these bags are reviewed prior to listing by the service that eBay uses, I won't name it.

It is confusing because eBay also offers an authenticity guarantee which becomes effective after the sale when an eligible (certain brands and over $500) handbag is shipped to the authenticators where it is inspected and checked again by various methods before being sent to the buyer by the authenticators. SNAD is not permitted on these items if they are NEW or LIKE NEW and seller has stated that they do not accept returns. https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags/index.html
It's my understanding that listings with the blue "authenticity guaranteed" check mark are listings that are forwarded by the sellers to ebay after the sale but prior to ebay shipping those items to the buyer.

Ebay touts that service as being a boon for the seller but at least one TPFer is dealing with a problem with it and so far, isn't sure her $6K is going to stay in her account:

Reactions: bababebi
I got my brandnew Cristian Dior Book Tote 2021 bought from store authenticated by ENTRUPY and the result is Fake. we flag the item and ask for secondary result but the answer is still the same. :sad: too sad because I DONT THINK THEY HAVE ENOUGH DATA WITH DIOR.

I even sent them the receipt and emailed them on how to prove that the item is Authentic. but again they didnt reply.

does anyone experience this also? :sad: