Entrupy is not dependable!

They are now responding (automatically) to reports.

What's even scarier (to me) is that it appears ebay may be using Entrupy in determining whether reports of counterfeit items are valid.

FIRST REPLY upon submission:
"Thanks for reporting the content you found to be problematic on our site.
We’re looking into it now. We’ll let you know once we’ve reviewed it and provide you with details of any decision that we make.
"

There are 2 options for followup replies. (I've highlighted what I consider to be scary in red.) There is absolutely NO DOUBT that the items reported were fake and to receive reply #2 indicates how inaccurate their AI is.)

SECOND REPLY #1:
"Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.
"

SECOND REPLY #2:
"Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.
"

• Wow
Reactions: whateve
They are now responding (automatically) to reports.

What's even scarier (to me) is that it appears ebay may be using Entrupy in determining whether reports of counterfeit items are valid.

FIRST REPLY upon submission:
"Thanks for reporting the content you found to be problematic on our site.
We’re looking into it now. We’ll let you know once we’ve reviewed it and provide you with details of any decision that we make.
"

There are 2 options for followup replies. (I've highlighted what I consider to be scary in red.) There is absolutely NO DOUBT that the items reported were fake and to receive reply #2 indicates how inaccurate their AI is.)

SECOND REPLY #1:
"Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.
"

SECOND REPLY #2:
"Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.
"
I've only reported a couple times since they started sending these emails. So far, everything I've reported has been removed. I wonder if we even have to put a reason for the report if no one is actually looking at it.

I a couple of days ago reported this one and Ebay using «automation and artificial intellingence» determined I was wrong. I am going to use human intelligence to prove Ebay is wrong:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1579.png
    IMG_1579.png
    668.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1706.png
    IMG_1706.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1709.png
    IMG_1709.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1710.png
    IMG_1710.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: 880
I a couple of days ago reported this one and Ebay using «automation and artificial intellingence» determined I was wrong. I am going to use human intelligence to prove Ebay is wrong:smile:
I would imagine Rebag has their own authenticators. I wonder if they consider who the seller is in making their determination.

I would imagine Rebag has their own authenticators. I wonder if they consider who the seller is in making their determination.
Nope, they do have some "human eyes" looking at the reports. (I have no idea how they decide how they'll review reports.)

This is another reply, different from the 2 I posted above:

Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made by a customer service agent.

Reactions: whateve
I reported this flaw in their technology and they ask me to contact the fraudster in the Philippines! They must be joking.
I'd love to send them my files containing at least 2 dozen fake Coaches that were "authenticated" by Entrupy!

This is just Coach. It's a search in the Coach sub for "Entrupy wrong" so it's not all posts with errors nor are all mistakes by Entrupy. But there are still 5 pages worth -- enough to get a pretty good picture of their inaccuracy record!

I thought it's only my having the same experience of trouble with Entrupy. Instead of giving me peace of mind, it's giving me more headaches. I have a Chanel leboy authenticated 7x by different authenticators and Entrupy deem it as fake. I usually authenticate my bags minimum of 2x by different 3rd party authenticators, and I'm adding entrupy as the 3rd layer of protection. But now I have to spend more because when entrupy deem it as fake, I have to get another one which means I have to spend 4 authentication per item. and as per experience. out of around 50 bags I authenticated, 50% turned out as fake, this is specially to the newer bags then I have a client that got bags from me. 3 authenticators got it as authentic, they scanned it with entrupy of the other seller and came back as fake, now I have to put in a policy of who are the authenticators I will only take and will not take entrupy as the option and source of truth. It's giving me more head aches than peace of mind. It's ruining my business name because of the inconsistency.

Also, I have scanned 2 Chanel that has 2 different reading. The consigner provided me with the certificate but I have to rescan it to have my name in it. consigner came out as real, after rescanning it came back as fake. Same with the other 1, so I raise it to them and because it has 2 reading, they are putting it out as fake. I have to get another authenticator for it and came back as fake. So now they want me to fill out paper works to pay it off.

Same with Gucci, Goyard, Prada and YSL. Instead of helping me out save money with authentication, I have to spend more because of inconsistency and now my business name is tainted because of this which is disheartening.

Because it is a hype, they believe more to it even there's already other authentication provided.