ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

HauteMama said:
DH just surprised me with a (late) gift for our 15th anniversary. I had been hoping for a 1.5 CT solitaire, and he exceeded my expectations.

Here is my original e-ring, pictured with the plain gold wedding band and a .25 CT channel set anniversary band. The center stone is .26 CT with rubiesand accent diamonds next to it. The other stats are lost to time:

Upgraded ring. 1.78 CT, E colour, SI1, set in a 14K YG cathedral setting. The setting is high enough to accomodate the two half-eternity shared prong bands we will be getting to go with it. In comparison to the many ladies here with tiny fingers, 1.78 doesn't look as big on my size 7 finger!

I love this! I love both the original and the new! :smile:

Out of curiousity, may I ask you ladies... did you start wearing your e-ring daily immediately after your engagement? I didn't, especially not for wearing to work. I usually wear it only on special occasions (not that mine is very big, it's a 1.02 cts solitaire).

I'm married for over a decade now and I've decided to start wearing mine daily, even to the office. But I started to notice strange stares... Maybe it's because I have a conservative job in finance? Should I or should I not wear it? Please give some feedback. Thanks a lot.

Out of curiousity, may I ask you ladies... did you start wearing your e-ring daily immediately after your engagement? I didn't, especially not for wearing to work. I usually wear it only on special occasions (not that mine is very big, it's a 1.02 cts solitaire).

I'm married for over a decade now and I've decided to start wearing mine daily, even to the office. But I started to notice strange stares... Maybe it's because I have a conservative job in finance? Should I or should I not wear it? Please give some feedback. Thanks a lot.

I have had a very similar situation as you, but i still couldn't figure it out why my colleagues are given me some strange stares tho... i'm guessing they were just very curious, may be??? Those days are gone now for me as they've got used to it, so in my opinion that you should wear it and should't worry too much about other people's stares!! :smile:

luxemadam said:

I love my ring and wouldn't want to not wear it daily. I started wearing mine right away. I don't work in a conservative setting but I do work in juvenile detention so anything nice will get stares. I don't care. Wear yours proudly!!

I started wearing mine right away, but then I got a job which took me traveling, sometimes to not so safe areas. I did not wear it those days. Now, after 24 years, sometimes I wear it sometimes I don't depending upon my mood (weird, yeah)

Reactions: couchette
DH just surprised me with a (late) gift for our 15th anniversary. I had been hoping for a 1.5 CT solitaire, and he exceeded my expectations.

Here is my original e-ring, pictured with the plain gold wedding band and a .25 CT channel set anniversary band. The center stone is .26 CT with rubiesand accent diamonds next to it. The other stats are lost to time:

DSC01264.jpg

Upgraded ring. 1.78 CT, E colour, SI1, set in a 14K YG cathedral setting. The setting is high enough to accomodate the two half-eternity shared prong bands we will be getting to go with it. In comparison to the many ladies here with tiny fingers, 1.78 doesn't look as big on my size 7 finger!

DSCN1388-1.jpg

DSCN1400.jpg

DSCN1397.jpg

It's very pretty! It looks great on you :smile: