Engagement Rings- What does yours look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my ring, finally! I drove into the city to meet my bf, who took a couple hours off from his shop. We went to Tiffanys and picked it up, and then drove to our apartment. After we'd been there a few moments, he got down on one knee and opened the Tiffanys box holding my ring and said "Will you marry me?" Awwww. I really appreciated that he did that - it was special to me, maybe it's silly, but even though we agreed years ago that someday we'd marry, I still wanted to be asked 'properly'. I said "yes, of course", and kissed him, and then he took it out and put it on my finger :smile:

It's a Tiffany round brilliant solitaire set in platinum, .91 carats, G, VS1. It's GORGEOUS. Oh my goodness. I couldn't really "try it on" in the store as I don't have slender fingers and the rings wouldn't go over my knuckles, so today was the first time I saw it on. I'm very happy with it - it looks just right on me. I wish I could get some better pics though - it looks so much better in real life.

ring1o.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, I'm going to pull out my DSLR tomorrow and try to get better shots.

Thanks for letting me share :smile: I'm so happy :biggrin:

Cara Mia, WHAT A RING!!! And such a beautiful proposal story! That sounds exactly like something my bf and I would do - no frills type of proposal. I am so happy for you! Congrats, and I know you will wear the ring in good health; I wish you and your DF will have a happy and prosperous engagement and marriage :heart:

Here's mine!! I haven't had it all that long and am still pretty giddy! It's small, the center stone is .65 I think? I have the option to upgrade it but it means so much to me I think I'll most likely keep this one forever.

I have it pictured with the wedding band and then the last ring is my promise ring which is black & white diamonds and was a V-day gift. =]

008.jpg
009.jpg
012.jpg
017.jpg

I love your ring! Princess cut is probably my favorite cut. I don't think it's too small at all; it looks great on you! And the smaller diamonds around the band are a great, dainty accent. Your promise ring is very pretty too.

Thanks dustypaws, kohl_mascara, lovesparkles and nc.girl :smile: I'm so happy with it - it's always catching the light and sparkling :cloud9:

I hope no one minds if I post a few more pics? I pulled out my Canon DSLR this morning cos it takes much better pics than my iPhone ;)

Thanks dustypaws, kohl_mascara, lovesparkles and nc.girl :smile: I'm so happy with it - it's always catching the light and sparkling :cloud9:

I hope no one minds if I post a few more pics? I pulled out my Canon DSLR this morning cos it takes much better pics than my iPhone ;)

Cara Mia, that's stunning! I bet it is VERY distracting.. I'd stare at it all day. lol!

4everLV your ring is amazing! The setting is beautiful - so antique looking. I love that one picture where the diamond almost blends into the setting so it's just a burst of brilliance!! You must get so many compliments on it!!

4everLV your ring is amazing! The setting is beautiful - so antique looking. I love that one picture where the diamond almost blends into the setting so it's just a burst of brilliance!! You must get so many compliments on it!!

Thanks Kohl!

I went through a phase of acute DSS, especially after seeing all the halos on here!!! DH finally let me have a halo setting custom made.

This thread is not so great for me. I look at all your gorgeous rings and just want to go out and change mine.. So here's what my complete ring looks like, I do love it but seriously, this thread creates new NEEDS!!!!
If you're wondering why the small gold ring, it's because winters are cold in Canada and my fingers shrink during winter..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status
Not open for further replies.