Engagement ring shapes

What shape do you have? or like if you don't have one yet =)

• Round- classic

• Princess- timeless

• Marquise

• Tear

• Emerald- high quality less facets

• Heart

• Radiant/Cushion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in love with my emerald cut. It sparkes differently than a round brilliant does - more flashes than sparkles. My wedding band will be rounds so that I'll have the best of both worlds!

Ooh, I love that compromise! I love an emerald, but am afraid I wont be happy, because i love the sparkle...and like you said, the emerald flashes...

That being said, I'm between a round or a pear...the boy isn't ready yet, so I've got more time to decide, thankfully!

I have an asscher cut, which is actually not considered a square emerald.
The GIA report lists it as a cut cornered square step cut.

Guess Asscher is easier LOL.

Mine is emerald cut (1) 2.0 ct. center and (6) .57 ct. emerald cut side stones 3 on each side totaling 2.57 cts.

VVS1, Color H (surprisingly very clear---more like G) and the side stones are G---no contrast at all. The ring is set in Platinum.

I LOVE emerald cut diamonds. They are classic, elegant and easier to spot imperfections in the diamonds. In round diamonds, it's easier to hide all imperfections. In my ring, you can see straight through it and see everything very clearly---the clarity is impeccable.

:smile:

I'm in love with my emerald cut. It sparkes differently than a round brilliant does - more flashes than sparkles. My wedding band will be rounds so that I'll have the best of both worlds!

You're right the sparkles are different. I have an emerald cut centre with 2 round brilliant accents I totally love it ~ So i've got the best of both worlds aswell :P

rounds don't cost the most because they're most popular, they cost more because you have to start w/ a slightly larger stone prior to cutting and it usually has more facets {= work} than other cuts.

They're classic, they'll always be "in" as will emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.