End of the Year Wish List/2018 Starting Line up

Well my SA made me an offer I couldn't refuse at my store's event tonight, so I got one thing off my list - the Courier bag! Got the Bordeaux instead of Black though, I just got a black Saddle so I didn't want to get another black bag so soon, especially in a bag in the same category, plus the red interior of the Bordeaux is so gorgeous!
And how is the Courier bag included in the sale while the Rogue isn't?? UGH.

And how is the Courier bag included in the sale while the Rogue isn't?? UGH.
Yep, it's surprising that it is but since it's a limited edition (the creed does say it's a limited edition), supposedly just for the holiday season I guess they don't want a lot of excess stock of it. Also since it's technically not 1941 (although it is certainly 1941 quality!), they aren't going against the usual policy. And my SA actually gave me some extra off on top of the 30% so this was a real deal! I will try to get some pics up soon, my usual photo space is a bit of mess right now and this bag needs better light than what I have anyway.

Yep, it's surprising that it is but since it's a limited edition (the creed does say it's a limited edition), supposedly just for the holiday season I guess they don't want a lot of excess stock of it. Also since it's technically not 1941 (although it is certainly 1941 quality!), they aren't going against the usual policy. And my SA actually gave me some extra off on top of the 30% so this was a real deal! I will try to get some pics up soon, my usual photo space is a bit of mess right now and this bag needs better light than what I have anyway.
Ah. I thought the Courier was 1941. That makes more sense along with the limited edition. I've mentally planned to pay full price for the Utility Rogue but any little extra off is always nice!

Pretty cool it's limited edition. Enjoy!

This is my wishlist :smile: Planning to order January 2018.
rogue.jpg

Slight update, since it seems I'm unable to edit my previous post (please correct me if I'm approaching this the wrong way).

I've decided to alter the colors of the bag a bit, to better match the body of the Rexy charm. Changed the strap to Cornflower Blue and the lining to 1941 Red. Also changed the bag from a Rogue to a Rogue 36, since it seems that will fit my laptop, and added a Nolita Wristlet 19 With Snakeskin Detail which, while not Cornflower, seems to match the Rexy pretty well.

rogue02.jpg

My Saddle Saddle 23 arrives Monday. YAY! Then the Utility Rogue 25 for Christmas.

But now I'm thinking I want to put myself on a ban for most of 2018 and "save" my bag purchases for what to me would be a splurge. Right now I'm thinking a Chloe Marci. I'd toyed with a Bandit but I think this bag serves some similar purposes, is way more versatile for my needs, and is closer to my style while still being something totally different. I know could use this much more often than the Bandit.

Anyhoo - I know I'll ponder this for a few months and potentially lock on something else. Still pondering. This price tag is outside my comfort zone for handbags so I want to make sure I pick something I'll use and love for many years to come.

My Saddle Saddle 23 arrives Monday. YAY! Then the Utility Rogue 25 for Christmas.

But now I'm thinking I want to put myself on a ban for most of 2018 and "save" my bag purchases for what to me would be a splurge. Right now I'm thinking a Chloe Marci. I'd toyed with a Bandit but I think this bag serves some similar purposes, is way more versatile for my needs, and is closer to my style while still being something totally different. I know could use this much more often than the Bandit.

Anyhoo - I know I'll ponder this for a few months and potentially lock on something else. Still pondering. This price tag is outside my comfort zone for handbags so I want to make sure I pick something I'll use and love for many years to come.

I'd definitely choose to save for the Marcie over the Bandit. The Marcie is timeless, IMO, & if you keep an eye on Fashionphile or Yoogi's you can snag one for a deal. I have the Marcie in Tan & I adore her. It's probably one of my favorite bags! It holds a ton, has an exterior pocket, the leather is very nice, and you can carry it Satchel style or crossbody. I also carry mine on the shoulder. I could rave about her allll day, but if you have any questions let me know. [emoji16]
IMG_1511139409.172077.jpg

I'd definitely choose to save for the Marcie over the Bandit. The Marcie is timeless, IMO, & if you keep an eye on Fashionphile or Yoogi's you can snag one for a deal. I have the Marcie in Tan & I adore her. It's probably one of my favorite bags! It holds a ton, has an exterior pocket, the leather is very nice, and you can carry it Satchel style or crossbody. I also carry mine on the shoulder. I could rave about her allll day, but if you have any questions let me know. [emoji16]
View attachment 3884789
Sounds fantastic!

View attachment 3884789
Thank you! This is definitely helpful and your bag is gorgeous! Which size is your bag? This would be my biggest bag at even the smallest size!

I am thinking of picking up a duffle of some sort if they end up in the SAS. I know there was a thread here discussing the pros and cons, but I'm having trouble finding it. If any of you have one and care to share your opinions, do let me know.

Other than that, a Rogue of some sort. I keep saying I'll get it and then buying different bags! And, of course, whatever pops up in the rounds of new stuff that're sure to come out!

Thank you! This is definitely helpful and your bag is gorgeous! Which size is your bag? This would be my biggest bag at even the smallest size!
Mine is the medium [emoji4]
I am thinking of picking up a duffle of some sort if they end up in the SAS. I know there was a thread here discussing the pros and cons, but I'm having trouble finding it. If any of you have one and care to share your opinions, do let me know.

Other than that, a Rogue of some sort. I keep saying I'll get it and then buying different bags! And, of course, whatever pops up in the rounds of new stuff that're sure to come out!
I have the glovetanned duffle in steel blue. I love the classic shape & ease of carrying it- I have my strap doubled so it's a shoulder bag. One of my favorite things is the slip pocket behind the turnlock. I like to put my phone & keys in there. One negative for me is the narrow bottom. The bag is skinny at the base and gets wider toward the top, so I have to use a small wallet. It's not a huge deal to me, but it's worth mentioning because that was a deal breaker for others.
IMG_1511148581.892749.jpg

Mine is the medium [emoji4]

I have the glovetanned duffle in steel blue. I love the classic shape & ease of carrying it- I have my strap doubled so it's a shoulder bag. One of my favorite things is the slip pocket behind the turnlock. I like to put my phone & keys in there. One negative for me is the narrow bottom. The bag is skinny at the base and gets wider toward the top, so I have to use a small wallet. It's not a huge deal to me, but it's worth mentioning because that was a deal breaker for others.
View attachment 3884942
That blue is beautiful! I've been able to use a large wallet in bags like this by layering all my small items on the bottom so the wallet sits near the top. Alternately, can you put a long wallet in there lengthwise?

Reactions: Sarah03
View attachment 3884789
@Sarah03 - do you know if there's any hope of getting a discount on a new Chloe bag? I'm sure it's not something they do often - but maybe something through Neiman Marcus or Saks or such at some random sale? Your medium tan Marcie has my eye :loveeyes: A 2018 purchase for sure. My bag budget is spoken for in 2017 but I'll be keeping an eye out for any deals on this bag in the new year :graucho:

Reactions: Sarah03