Workplace Employee Drug test?

Oh, it's quite easy. My cousin is one of those dumb asses who can't put the straw down for a week, so in the past, I stupidly agreed to supply him with a sample. He'd just put it in his boxer briefs and take it out when needed. They don't pat you down or anything like that.
Now that I've told him I'm not going to help him (enable), he gets it from the net. Yes, they sell clean urine over the internet.

:nuts: Damn. I guess you really CAN get anything online.

You can use synthetic urine too. unless its for a gov job, then theres different testing rules. But I thought coke only stayed in your system for like 3 days?? LOL.

Ya know, I never get this. I have no issues with doing drugs, but really, if you're applying for jobs, is it that hard to put down the pipe for a month...or the straw for a week? I really have no sympathy for people who are like "I'm getting a drug test tomorrow. How can I beat it?" Well, try not being a dumb ass and stop doing drugs until you get hired and take the test.

unless they take a hair sample test...then you're really screwed. drugs stay in your hair for up to 8 years :wtf: if all companies did that there would be lots of people out of a job lol

Drug tests can be intrusive for other reasons. Many employers are now testing for legal drugs like anti-depressants and drugs used to treat things like herpes. Some companies use that as an inroad to find out more about your lifestyle and personal medical issues. It is my opinion that your personal medical information is no one's business. I think it's wrong to assume that someone who asks this question is doing so because they are using illegal drugs. Also, drug tests can produce false positives. A guy in my state won millions in a lawsuit after he was told he tested positive for cocaine and was fired from his job (the test was wrong). The other issue is that there is concern about WHERE the results GO after they are given to the employer... who is the custodian of those records? Are they destroyed? I am firmly against drug testing for jobs unless the job involves public safety.

I'd stay clean (at least for a few weeks before applying), as Charles mentioned. If you get a sample from someone, it won't work because lots of places have a temperature detector in the cup, and it needs to be within a couple degrees of body temperature. If you have a legitimate drug that raises flags in urine tests, like adderall, you can just explain it.

i guess his cousin is a real dumbass since the nurse will tell the piss is not warm....

You're not a very good druggie!

Most companies sell warmers similar to the ones used in the military to heat food. Aside from that, I'd meet him somewhere close, do the deed, then he'd walk in and use it. It would take 15 minutes at most. With it being close to his body and a short timeframe, he never had any issue with the temp.

And Roo, I too and against drug testing, but I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon. It should be my right to take whatever drugs I want on my own time. As long as I'm sober when I work, that's all that should matter. The problem is determining when you were and weren't sober in relation to your work schedule.

lol my friend's husband did that

This reminds me of a funny story that my dad told me about his first week at BT when he went in the Army.

His DS told his company to go "shave their faces". Well, this young kid (18) was so scared of the DS, that he went and shaved off EVERYTHING. Hair, facial hair, EYEBROWS, everything! :roflmfao:

Oh, it's quite easy. My cousin is one of those dumb asses who can't put the straw down for a week, so in the past, I stupidly agreed to supply him with a sample. He'd just put it in his boxer briefs and take it out when needed. They don't pat you down or anything like that.
Now that I've told him I'm not going to help him (enable), he gets it from the net. Yes, they sell clean urine over the internet.

Probably on EBay.:nuts:

I think I must be living in a different world. I have heard a whole load of things about conning people on tests etc. Never did I think of a scenario of a urine sample!!!

I worked for a company that did mandatory drug testing every month. They did hair samples from the nape of your neck if you had enough hair..otherwise they would get hair elsewhere.

What happened to the guys who had NO hair or not enough hair to have an accurate sample????? Simple!

They can test your fingernails!!! This is totally true and a number of men who tried to get out of it by shaving everything ended up failing because of their fingernails.

Why dont you just try to clean up your act long enough to pass a test? If you cannot do that..can I suggest rehab before Macys?

And Roo, I too and against drug testing, but I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon. It should be my right to take whatever drugs I want on my own time. As long as I'm sober when I work, that's all that should matter. The problem is determining when you were and weren't sober in relation to your work schedule.

I don't even care about the drug use debate. My issues are around individual privacy. Unless your job involves public safety or security, IMO the employer has no right to delve into your confidential medical information. My mother worked for a company that did a screen for illegal drugs and also for anti-depressants and other things like drugs used to treat HIV. I AM NOT JOKING. The Union fought this and eventually won requiring them ONLY to screen for illegal drugs. When you consent to a drug test they usually don't tell you what panels they are running so they could check your urine for other health related problems too... including to find out if you are pregnant.... scary.