Emmanuelle bucket bag

Tough choice. Even though I have the little black fringed one I'm still crushing on the burgundy medium. It looks stunning with the gold hardware :cool:
Hey there! I came across a great deal on a pre owned fringed emmanuelle but I'm not thrilled with the way the fringe is laying. It's not as flat as it should be. How is yours wearing? Thanks!

Hey there! I came across a great deal on a pre owned fringed emmanuelle but I'm not thrilled with the way the fringe is laying. It's not as flat as it should be. How is yours wearing? Thanks!

Hi. Mine is holding up very well and it gets a lot of use. But I take good care with storing it . . . are the fringes on your bag crumpled and bent? If that's your concern I think it's a care/storage issue. The fringes are made from very soft and pliable leather. They should (fingers crossed!) recover and straighten up if allowed enough space when storing.
HTH ;)

Hi. Mine is holding up very well and it gets a lot of use. But I take good care with storing it . . . are the fringes on your bag crumpled and bent? If that's your concern I think it's a care/storage issue. The fringes are made from very soft and pliable leather. They should (fingers crossed!) recover and straighten up if allowed enough space when storing.
HTH ;)

How exactly are you storing this bag? Upright, lying down or hanging? I bought this style (love it so much!), but I'm not sure I'm storing it correctly. Thank you in advance! :smile:

P.S. You inspired/enabled me to buy this lovely, with all of your great pictures and info!

I ordered the Emmanuelle bucket bag in the black like the picture you posted. it is supposed to be here Tuesday. I love the small fringed bag, but feel it may be too young looking for me. I am in my mid fifties.

How exactly are you storing this bag? Upright, lying down or hanging? I bought this style (love it so much!), but I'm not sure I'm storing it correctly. Thank you in advance! :smile:

P.S. You inspired/enabled me to buy this lovely, with all of your great pictures and info!

Great to hear that you found your Emmanuelle bag and that you love it!! Happy to inspire :biggrin:

I store mine either sitting upright or hanging. If it's in daily use and full of my stuff I store it the on the corner edge of a shelf with the fringes pulled away from the bag (so the bag isn't sitting on them & crumpling them up).
When empty it's draped over a dress form by the shoulder strap or hanging from a peg on a low ceiling beam (perfect for some bags!) by the short handle.
I don't keep it in the dust bag because that musses up the fringes. Most important is that it's not cramped and squashed against other things for any length of time.

I ordered the Emmanuelle bucket bag in the black like the picture you posted. it is supposed to be here Tuesday. I love the small fringed bag, but feel it may be too young looking for me. I am in my mid fifties.

Congratulations! You're not too old for this bag. If it suits your style - whatever your age - it will work for you. I hope you love it :smile:

Great to hear that you found your Emmanuelle bag and that you love it!! Happy to inspire :biggrin:

I store mine either sitting upright or hanging. If it's in daily use and full of my stuff I store it the on the corner edge of a shelf with the fringes pulled away from the bag (so the bag isn't sitting on them & crumpling them up).
When empty it's draped over a dress form by the shoulder strap or hanging from a peg on a low ceiling beam (perfect for some bags!) by the short handle.
I don't keep it in the dust bag because that musses up the fringes. Most important is that it's not cramped and squashed against other things for any length of time.

Thank you for all the great tips on proper storage, Straight-Laced! They are incredibly helpful. I hadn't even thought of the dust bag being an issue due to constraining the fringe. :tup:

HTH ;)

Thanks for your input! Really excited own it.

Trying to revive this thread in the hopes that someone can help me. I love this bag and am looking to purchase one second hand since they dont make them anymore. I see it in the black, cream, red, or blue on many websites. However, I've also seen exactly ONE in a caramel brown leather. Seller claims its authentic, but as far as I can tell I don't see that this bag was every released in a caramel brown! Is there a way to confirm what colors came out in 2014 for this bag? I am concerned the one I like is a fake, and its being sold on Poshmark which I trust less than other websites. Any help is appreciated!