Emmanuelle bucket bag

Tough choice. Even though I have the little black fringed one I'm still crushing on the burgundy medium. It looks stunning with the gold hardware :cool:

That's the exact one I'm looking at!
Was at first looking at black, good old black with gold hardware never goes wrong. But the more I look at the burgundy, the more it's grabbing my attention!

There's an embossed one in black and silver hardwares that I saw in the store which is super nice as well!

That's the exact one I'm looking at!
Was at first looking at black, good old black with gold hardware never goes wrong. But the more I look at the burgundy, the more it's grabbing my attention!

There's an embossed one in black and silver hardwares that I saw in the store which is super nice as well!

The croc embossed black leather is gorgeous! One good thing about the croc leather is that it won't show scratches and wear as much as the smooth leather burgundy. Both of these are stunning and a tiny bit more interesting than the black with gold HW IMO, but the black with gold is lovely too :smile:

Love bucket bags, they are so practical. I just ordered the burgundy medium bag. I have a couple of Mansuer Gavrail bucket bags. They are different in that they only have the one handle, which is a very narrow piece of leather. My opinion, but it is not as comfortable. But, of course, they are not as expensive as the Saint Laurent bags. Also, the large MG bag is unlined, and has a snap out very thin zippered bag inside. The biggest issue for me is the closure of the MG bag. They won't stay shut until the leather loosens. The large size can go cross-body, but not the mini size, I prefer to have this option. All of this is, of course, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Love bucket bags, they are so practical. I just ordered the burgundy medium bag. I have a couple of Mansuer Gavrail bucket bags. They are different in that they only have the one handle, which is a very narrow piece of leather. My opinion, but it is not as comfortable. But, of course, they are not as expensive as the Saint Laurent bags. Also, the large MG bag is unlined, and has a snap out very thin zippered bag inside. The biggest issue for me is the closure of the MG bag. They won't stay shut until the leather loosens. The large size can go cross-body, but not the mini size, I prefer to have this option. All of this is, of course, just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback on the MG bucket bags! I haven't seen one in real life but I've thought seriously about ordering a large rosa. Just from looking at it online the thin strap bothers me a bit but I guess you get what you pay for to a certain extent. The Saint Laurent buckets are pricey but I'm happy with the quality and functionality of both of mine.
I would love to see a pic of your burgundy Saint Laurent when it arrives :smile:

I guess bucket bags are making a come back. It's been over 20 years since they were really in style. GL getting yours. I think medium size would be best to fit a wallet and some other items

I should've bought the small fringe emmanuelle when I first saw it over summer...now it looks like it's sold out everywhere! Anyone know if I can still find it somehwere?

They seem to be sold out everywhere in the U.S. I saw that Barneys.com is doing pre-orders for a March delivery. I LOVE this bag!