Emma Watson

Emma-Watson:-Womens-March-on-Washington--01.jpg

Emma-Watson:-Womens-March-on-Washington--02.jpg

Emma-Watson:-Womens-March-on-Washington--05.jpg

Emma-Watson:-Womens-March-on-Washington--08.jpg

Emma-Watson:-Womens-March-on-Washington--10.jpg

Source

Relevant to our discussion the other day:
http://news.sky.com/story/emma-watson-and-miles-teller-too-demanding-for-la-la-land-10748665
Emma Watson and Miles Teller 'too demanding for La La Land'
The stars allegedly hit out at their agents for not securing them roles as the musical becomes a runaway box office success.

Emma Watson and Miles Teller were originally lined up to star in hit movie La La Land but lost out on the main parts for being too demanding, according to a report.

They have allegedly hit out at agents for not securing the roles as the musical has seen huge success at the box office as well as scooping a record-equalling 14 Oscar nominations.

The leading roles eventually went to Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, who was apparently keen to team up with her again after Gangster Squad and Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Harry Potter star Watson was originally offered the part of Mia in La La Land but "made crazy demands", including wanting rehearsals done in London, according to entertainment website Page Six, citing a source.

The British actress later felt that the movie was not for her, it was claimed.

And the source also said Whiplash actor Teller was offered $4m to star in La La Land but he said he wanted $6m.

The Hollywood insider was reportedly quoted as saying: "Now both Miles and Emma Watson are raising hell with their agents for not securing the roles for them - even though it was the actors' fault for being too demanding."

Another source said of Stone and Teller: "Now that it (La La Land) is winning all the awards, they're freaking out and looking for someone else to blame."

Teller himself has tweeted that Page Six was "reporting" alternative facts.

Watson - best known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film franchise - began her negotiations when she was represented by the WME agency, but signed with rival CAA in December.

Other sources insist she stepped away to do Disney's live-action Beauty and the Beast film.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
EMMA WATSON IS ELLE'S MARCH COVER STAR AND 'WOMAN OF THE YEAR' AT ELLE STYLE AWARDS 2017

'Let's see what we can do to 'move the needle' and make a difference.'

BY TEAM ELLE

British Actress Emma Watson - who is not only globally renowned for her impressive acting career, but also for her powerful campaigning for gender equality - is back on the cover of ELLE UK.

Yes, the activist returns.

And in celebration of her achievements, ELLE UK will award Watson the prestigious Woman of the Year Award at the ELLE Style Awards 2017, next Monday.

In the March issue of ELLE UK, Emma talks to Lorraine Candy about why being cast as Belle in the upcoming film Beauty and the Beast was the perfect opportunity for her. She reveals why it was important to her to take a year out to concentrate on her activism, and she discusses setting up her feminist book club, named Our Shared Shelf.

On taking a year off from acting to concentrate on activism:

'It wasn't about me necessarily proving anything… I was just thinking that I have this year to myself, so let's see what we can do to 'move the needle' and make a difference.'

On her role as Belle in Beauty and the Beast:

'For me, Beauty was the perfect, most joyful thing to do... There was something connected about Hermione and Belle, and it was good to be reminded that I am an actress; this is what I do. The film is pure escapism.'

On dealing with her critics:

'It really toughened me up…There is a level of criticism that comes with being an actress and a public figure, which I expect, but once you take a stance on something like feminism, that's a completely different ball game.'

On whether she would consider writing her own book:

'I need to see and do a bit more first... I'm no expert, and when people push me into a corner of "here's Emma Watson to lecture you on feminism", it's uncomfortable because I am aware I have a long way to go. I am not sure I deserve all the respect I get yet, but I'm working on it.'

For our main fashion story with Emma Watson, ELLE UK worked closely with Eco-Age, an ideas consultancy promoting ethical and sustainable ways to dress, and home of the Green Carpet Challenge (GCC).

The goal was to showcase brands that are reducing the impact they have on people and the planet, including vintage clothing, which has a huge role to play in reducing the fashion industry's global footprint. Each of the brands featured in the shoot were assessed against Eco-Age's GCC principles for Sustainable Excellence, which address a range of social and environmental impacts typically caused by the fashion industry.

For more information on the GCC principles, visit eco-age.com.

Emma-Watson:-Elle-UK-2017--01.jpg

gallery-1486581493-emma-web2.jpg

gallery-1486581368-emma-web.jpg

Source

I just don't get it. Belle was supposed to be a stunning beauty, and while I don't think Emma is unattractive she just doesn't have a "wow" factor for me to play this role.

I just don't get it. Belle was supposed to be a stunning beauty, and while I don't think Emma is unattractive she just doesn't have a "wow" factor for me to play this role.

You know, you're not the first person to think that. However, I feel like the general public opinion is that she's very pretty. Once an acquaintance was talking about how she saw Emma Watson in person and thought she was quite plain, and everyone else gasped like it was treason.

Emma Watson On Feminism And Women's Protest: 'It Says So Much About What We Can Achieve As A Group'

Watson dishes on feminism, the solidarity of women, Caitlin Moran's life lessons and the magic of award shows

BY KATIE O'MALLEY

She might be winning a Beast's heart in her upcoming role as Belle in Disney's Beauty and the Beast, but tonight, actress and activist Emma Watson has won the 'Woman of the Year' gong at the 2017 ELLE Style Awards.

On nabbing the coveted title, Watson opened up on how it feels to be recognised for her work, not only as an actress of Harry Potter fame, but a humanitarian.

'I'm not sure I deserve it really,' she admitted. 'But, I'll take it,' she joked.

'It's such an honour. It's such a lovely way to begin starting to do press for Beauty and the Beast so it feels like a really nice send off.

'It feels like I'm at the end of the harbour, ready to set off on my journey and it's a nice wave from the British shores,' she mused.

At this evening's award show, sponsored by H&M, the 26-year-old received her award from author and columnist, Caitlin Moran.

'Oh my god, I just love Caitlin,' gushed Watson.

'It's the dream. I read her books over about four or five year ago and I couldn't stop laughing and crying. To have her presenting me an award to tonight is beyond lovely,' she continued.

The gender equality advocate and UN Women's HeForShe campaigner revealed she struck up a friendship with the writer after reaching out to express how much of a fan she was of her work.

She explained: 'We ended up having coffee and she gave me all this fantastic advice about navigating feminism. It was such a relief.'

The actress, who studied English at Oxford and Brown university, opened up on Caitlin's life lessons as a woman and feminist, revealing she helped open her to a whole world of feminist thinkings.

'Caitlin has a certain resilience which I find particularly inspiring. She had this much bigger birds eye view than I did at a time of some of the things I was struggling with.'

'The kind of perspective I have and the longevity she has, kind of felt very steadying. She's so f*cking funny so that helps,' she joked.

Watson's honouring of Moran and her feminist teachings comes weeks after she joined the Women's March in Washington DC.

Speaking about the current state of politics in the US and the infringement of women's rights around the world, the Paris-born actress said that while there might be upset and uncertainty, it's also been a time of unprecedented unity.

'That has been the upside of the downsides of late which is difficult times, but also this emerging, very cohesive group of women that are being very vocal and showing real solidarity.'

'The fact that we managed to organise one of the most peaceful, largest protests in history, says so much about what we can achieve and about us as a group. It feels very exciting,' she continued.

On scooping the award tonight, the Harry Potter star admitted she finds awards shows a form of escapism from day-to-day life.

'In a strange way, the unreality of them is quite comforting, in the sense that you embrace the unreal nature of them and it sort of feels likes it's a strange out of body experience that's wonderful and dreamy.'

'Then you kind of come back down and come back to reality. I compartmentalise, which is necessary in a funny way,' she said.

Congratulations, Emma!

Source

Reactions: Babydoll Chanel

Exactly! I just can't find her attractive. Total plain Jane with a touch of geekiness to me. And did you see her Disney doll? :shocked:

emma-watson-and-doll-zoom-8881de82-f53e-449b-8dae-c0d62f279869.jpg

Last edited: