Emma Stone!

And that’s the first time we hear “City of Stars.” Did you know you’d have a hard time getting it out of your head when you first heard it?

Stone: Oh, man, you loved that song from the beginning.

Gosling: It just seemed to define the film. That was the song. Initially I think it was just something I was supposed to sing, but I felt it was something we should sing together because it felt so definitive. So on the pier, I just sang a piece of it to plant a seed.

When you were a struggling actress, Emma, did you ever have an apartment in L.A. that looked like Mia’s?

Stone: No. And I was shocked. I had all these thoughts about Mia’s little tacked-on room. It’s written in the script that she’s basically in a glorified closet and it feels really gray. I built this whole world for her in my head. Then I walked onto the set and there’s Ingrid Bergman from floor to ceilingand all this colorful stuff. It was the greatest apartment in the world!

I learned more about the kind of movie we were making in that moment when I walked onto the set. I realized I can create anything I want internally for what Mia is living in but it will take place within a room that has a billboard-sized poster of Ingrid Bergman. On a day-to-day basis, that was what we were dancing with.

Gosling: We knew we’d be dancing off into space with harnesses.

Stone: Hell yeah!

Gosling: You brought your own harness from home.

Stone: Can you not … talk about that here? It’s, like, pretty private.

Gosling: I thought you were coming out with your own harness line.

Stone: That was the one point where I got pretty cocky.

Gosling: The one point?

Stone: Yeah, Ry. The one point. Ever. Because you had never been on a harness before, right?

Gosling: God, no. I’ve tried to avoid it.

Stone: And I died on a harness in "Spider Man.” And it’s really rough and tumble, especially for the boys.

Gosling: I’m just a little … you didn’t send me flowers the next day.

Stone: In my dreams I would have thought that through and sent you flowers for your harness work the next day. What a great opportunity missed!

[Awkward silence] And yet you still seem friendly …

Gosling: “Seem” being the operative word.

Stone: I was actually bummed when we finished the movie. A little relieved, but bummed too. Oct. 9, 2015. The walk across the Colorado Street Bridgewas the last thing we did. Our last magic hour.

Gosling: I was really prepared to have to defend this film. So all this has been a nice turn of events.

Stone: [Laughs]

Gosling: What?

Stone: It was just your delivery of it. It’s totally fair. To make this movie and feel excited about it and watch it and think, “I wonder if we’re the only ones who are going to feel this way.” You have no idea. Did you think it was a disaster?

Gosling: I’ve had this feeling before where you’re very proud of something and then it comes out and [laughs] it’s, “Why are you so proud of that?” It happens a lot. So I was preparing myself to defend it.

Stone: You were steeling yourself. Building walls when you should have been building bridges. But I felt the same way. I was prepared to defend this movie to the death. And I would have. But I’m glad I didn’t need to. It’s a lot more fun that way.

Source

For The Wrap

C4y9bknXUAATYLZ.jpg

16583286_603827319817459_446630608274194432_n.jpg

Source

Reactions: Grande Latte