Embarrassment at LV?

Have you ever been embarrassed at LV?

• Yes

• No, but I've been embarrassed for others (SA's, other customers, etc.)

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually felt awful for a woman who was in the Stanford Mall store and spilled her coffee on an Epi Speedy. Actually, I felt awful for the bag more than the woman since she insisted that they bring out a "new" bag so she could see the details since the other one has been "handled" too much.

I left after the woman started crying that she couldn't afford the bag after the SA informed her that she would have to purchase the one she ruined. I am not sure how it turned out but I always wonder about it......

Aww....I feel sorry for her! :sad: But if she couldn't afford the bag in the first place, why was she demanding to see a fresh one? If you're just checking the bag out and don't intend on purchasing it then what's wrong with the display model? Just out of morbid curiosity, what color was it? :graucho:

Oh, the ultimate nightmare. Well, don't hold coffee over something that expensive!!! I imagine in the end they let her go, if she was crying hard enough.

At my boutique some guy came in carrying an iced coffee and the security guard told him that they were not allowed to take in drinks. The guy didn't know what to do with his coffee so he just gave it to the security guard to take. Another time someone either threw their drink out or finished their drink before coming in. So I think that is a good idea! :nuts:

The only time I have ever been embarrassed at LV was in Valley Fair. The security guards always look at me like I'm going to steal their merchandise! I was in there tonight trying to exchange a purse I had bought last week and the security guard would not take his eyes off me!!! And to make it worse, the SA was soooo incredibly rude to me!! That's the last time I ever go to LV at Valley Fair!

The only time I have ever been embarrassed at LV was in Valley Fair. The security guards always look at me like I'm going to steal their merchandise! I was in there tonight trying to exchange a purse I had bought last week and the security guard would not take his eyes off me!!! And to make it worse, the SA was soooo incredibly rude to me!! That's the last time I ever go to LV at Valley Fair!

i am not the type of person to stand for that. especially if someone is staring me down, you better believe i will ask them if they have a problem. and i refuse to deal with rude SAs anymore. on the phone you cannot avoid them, but if i go into a boutique, i expect good, polite service. otherwise i may just ask for another SA who a) can tell me more about the product line if they cannot answer my questions and are rude about it, b) act like i am inconveniencing them for any minor request (like asking to see a different bag other than the display model) ... things like that. there is no excuse for SAs to act snotty towards any customers. i understand they probably get some pretty ridiculous ones, but people like those on tPF who may actually know more than the SAs need to be treated with respect.

where do i begin???!!! Sorry this may turn out to be quite long!!!!
Around Valentine's Day in 2004, my husband and I(we were living in London then) decided to go to Paris for the weekend. I was thrilled at visiting the LV boutique on the Champs Elysees! Unfortunately that year it was closed for renovation and they had opened up a temporary store on another side street. It was FREEZING cold that night and i was battling morning sickness (2mo and 1 week pregnant then) :sick: but was determined to buy the MC Porte Tresor International for my Cite bag. On the way there we got stopped for a second by two people wanting to know where the temporary boutique was and so we told them and were on our way once again.
Once we made it to the boutique and I walked in I was on cloud 9! I walked around the whole boutique in a daze at all the wonderful possiblities! My husband was lagging behind. Finally I found the case where all the wallets were. A SA came over and asked me if i would like to see something. As soon as I told her which wallet i was interested in she called over the manager. A woman comes over and asks me which wallet I was interested in. I pointed it out and she says this...."LET'S NOT WASTE MY TIME AND YOUR TIME, YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE WALLET FOR YOURSELF, I AM NOT SHOWING IT TO YOU":cursing: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :mad:. It took a good minute of me and my husband looking around thinking what?? who is she talking too!!!! We were told that someone saw us accepting money from someone on the street to buy a wallet, and then give it to them so they could sell it illegally!!!!!
Needless to say my husband and I were furious. We went to leave, and then thought NO WAY...we go back in and the manager conveniently couldn't be found. Another manager came out and we made such a stink that not only did we buy the wallet, but we also got a free gift!!!! The cutest little miniature briefcase with 2 or 3 sets of LV transparent dice! Plus apologies from everybody who had learned what had happend. (other than that B*$%H manager).
**my husband was lagging behind me in the boutique because he noticed the security guards following me throughout the whole boutique and thought that was really strange. When we walked in they immediately started talking with one another through their headsets. I of course didn't notice anything!

so that's my story! :sad: The rest of the trip in Paris was fabulous though!

Around Valentine's Day in 2004, my husband and I(we were living in London then) decided to go to Paris for the weekend. I was thrilled at visiting the LV boutique on the Champs Elysees! Unfortunately that year it was closed for renovation and they had opened up a temporary store on another side street. It was FREEZING cold that night and i was battling morning sickness (2mo and 1 week pregnant then) :sick: but was determined to buy the MC Porte Tresor International for my Cite bag. On the way there we got stopped for a second by two people wanting to know where the temporary boutique was and so we told them and were on our way once again.
Once we made it to the boutique and I walked in I was on cloud 9! I walked around the whole boutique in a daze at all the wonderful possiblities! My husband was lagging behind. Finally I found the case where all the wallets were. A SA came over and asked me if i would like to see something. As soon as I told her which wallet i was interested in she called over the manager. A woman comes over and asks me which wallet I was interested in. I pointed it out and she says this...."LET'S NOT WASTE MY TIME AND YOUR TIME, YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE WALLET FOR YOURSELF, I AM NOT SHOWING IT TO YOU":cursing: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :mad:. It took a good minute of me and my husband looking around thinking what?? who is she talking too!!!! We were told that someone saw us accepting money from someone on the street to buy a wallet, and then give it to them so they could sell it illegally!!!!!
Needless to say my husband and I were furious. We went to leave, and then thought NO WAY...we go back in and the manager conveniently couldn't be found. Another manager came out and we made such a stink that not only did we buy the wallet, but we also got a free gift!!!! The cutest little miniature briefcase with 2 or 3 sets of LV transparent dice! Plus apologies from everybody who had learned what had happend. (other than that B*$%H manager).
**my husband was lagging behind me in the boutique because he noticed the security guards following me throughout the whole boutique and thought that was really strange. When we walked in they immediately started talking with one another through their headsets. I of course didn't notice anything!

i don't get it, why would they think they saw you accepting money? i am guessing it was the people who asked you where the boutique was, but if there was no exchange of hands, why would they think that? and why all the sudden did they change their tune and start to think that what they said they saw never happened? sorry, i'm confused.

i don't get it, why would they think they saw you accepting money? i am guessing it was the people who asked you where the boutique was, but if there was no exchange of hands, why would they think that? and why all the sudden did they change their tune and start to think that what they said they saw never happened? sorry, i'm confused.

In France, LV has a policy where Asian tourists are only allowed to buy a certain amount. (This may have something to do with the production of fakes, or maybe that LV doesn't want it's Asian boutiques to have to compete with the cheaper French stores) Because of this, some of these tourists will pay other people to go and buy the bags they want for them.

Apparently, there was ANOTHER couple that was wearing similar coats that actually DID accept money from people on the street to purchase wallets. After we made such a stink about it, AND we paid with our credit card NO CASH, the other manager and SA's finally believed us. Trust me at first we were also confused. When we finally walked out, right in front of us people were exchanging money for LV wallets!

My husband was sooooo upset and angry he demanded the name of the woman manager. Threatened he'd have her fired. The thing is they don't know who we are, or our spending power. She attacked us as if we were criminals. Horrible, rude and very UNPROFESSIONAL. Did I clear up any confusion?

In France, LV has a policy where Asian tourists are only allowed to buy a certain amount. (This may have something to do with the production of fakes, or maybe that LV doesn't want it's Asian boutiques to have to compete with the cheaper French stores) Because of this, some of these tourists will pay other people to go and buy the bags they want for them.

EXACTLY!!! that is exactly what happend to us that night in Paris

It whas Panda-Time in Belgium, And I wanted the cles ronde.
They said it didn't existed! Those stupid losers.
They even got the store manager out, and he also didn't know it.
And I really really became annoyed.
They showed me one of the remaining agenda's, or the cles, but I said no.
Then they said to me that maybe the cles whas only released in other countries.
But I couldn't have know this ey...

Oh yeah and when I bought my keepall 45 wth strap, the straps of the shopping bag broke in another store in a croud of people and I went back at the LV store asking for a new bag...

+ Our elevator was stuck to go to the stamping/heating-guy upstairs...

My Bf has fallen all the way down of the Versace stairs in Brussels. It whas hilarious!
He whas offered a glass of water and even the bottom of the glass had a medusa.

my friend once asked for the denim line and the SA was like excuse me?
loooool
and then she had to go on explaining wats the denim line until she found it on one of the shelves

OMG that would make me cry, I can't believe the manager had said the that, so horrible:s

2 separate instances.....

Once I was in Saks (very unfamiliar with LV at the time) and I walked over to a bag and picked it up and a SA came right over and grabbed it out of my hand...security was pretty much surrounding me too. I was like whooaaa. I had no clue. Now I know not to touch without asking.

Another time was a couple of months ago...my DH asked how much the speedy was (I already knew and kept telling him that the price doesn't change...there are no sales etc). He kept saying, "is it the same in the other store...does this go on sale? etc. I was mortified! He has since been educated on the prices and that LV doesn't go on sale.

Good thread by the way.

this happened to me the other day when i was buying my pochette (which i love by the way)..i had been literally running aorund the mall because i was on a tight schedule and wanted to be get home before my fiance could see my bags and by the time i got to LV i was a total disarray..and it didnt help that they keep the mall at 80 degrees while you're wearing your wool coat and several layers..Im sure the woman who took care of me prob thought i was a complete mess