Embarrassing! My colleagues offered me an ugly bag!

betises_lau said:
I know a lot about Spanish fashion, y que no vengan a decir que los españoles tienen mal gusto (mi director es inglés! se cree que tienen mas estilo que los esp?), so no comments about Spanish Ladies' taste, they are EXQUISITELY elegant.

Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Mujeres gordas inglesas con faldas ‘mini’ en Ibiza; nuestros excelentes embajadores:yucky: .

Brrr, my schoolgirl Spanish is truly diabolical.:lol: May I suggest that if you really don't like it, why don't you give it away to charity shop so it may be 'loved' :roflmfao: by someone else. The charity shop gets the 'donation' money and karma to you. Then you share the karma with the Spanish lady;) !

Oh my god, I can't believe you got a REALLY bad inspired-by-Gucci bag for you b-day, from you co-workers! I don't think they could have chosen an uglier version of this bag:

137388_F40MG_9791

betises_lau said:
Thanks for sharing you thoughts!

My director actually laughed and said he reckoned it was ugly, but did not have time to go and buy anything so he sent his girlfriend.

The comment about the fact she is Spanish and it's supposed to fit Madrid's taste, I simply did not get it. I have lived in Spain for years and share my life with the most wonderful Spaniard. I know a lot about Spanish fashion, y que no vengan a decir que los españoles tienen mal gusto (mi director es inglés! se cree que tienen mas estilo que los esp?), so no comments about Spanish Ladies' taste, they are EXQUISITELY elegant.

as to the bag, I am keeping it, obviously. I can't bring myself to wear it in the street, but I will use it as an ammenity bag in the office.
How about that? I do not want to hurt anyone...
you go homegirl! (I gotta brush up on my crappy spanish)

winternight said:
There is no way I'd wear that even just to the office, it looks like a bad counterfeit - like Gucci and Louis Vuitton's mutant child. Besides I doubt you'll look pleased wearing it, I mean can you fake that?

Clearly you would only be encouraging them giving you more such things in the future, it was probably really cheap I'm surprised it came from an actual store - ok so maybe I'm a snob, but they could have given a gift certificate, I think unthoughtful gifts are their own form of rudeness, you don't have to spend alot to show consideration and thought, i.e. $10 worth of Godiva.

The comment about his wife's ethnic background was really crass, agreed.

Wow. I guess for it to be a more thoughtful gift, it'd have to be a real Gucci right? I don't like fakes or anything, but this woman probably didn't even know it was Gucci inspired. A lot of people don't follow handbags like us.

I was also going to suggest just keeping the bag at the office. Maybe put it in your desk & put snacks/candy in it or maybe store sanitary napkins or tampons in it! Hey, at least they will see you carrying it to the bathroom :graucho:

Wow, didn't know that co-workers give such personal gifts! What happened to Gift Cards?????

If you ever have a garage sale, you can use the bag as "Free with Purchase..."!!!