eLuxury or buying over the phone from LV (866 VUITTON)

sbogata

O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
I'd prefer to buy from an actual LV store, but I don't have the time to drive to one. I know I can buy from eLuxury, but I've posts on TPF that make me a little weary about it (shipping and quality problems). I looked at the LV site and they say you can order over the phone. Does anyone have any experience with this? I was planning to expediate the shipping. Overnight shipping is cheaper ordering over the phone ($30) than express shipping from eLuxury ($35).

I buy 75% of my things from Eluxury and I have a LV store 40 minutes away....I have never had any problems with them and no tax is a big plus when your spending alot on a bag.

Most of my purchases I do on eluxury, LV Hawaii (they are the best) or ebay. I have had so many bad experiences with going into the boutique (Union Square SF). I think its because I look really young and being short does not help that whenever I go into a store, no one comes up to me and asks if I want help. I always have to hunt a SA down, or wait for them to help what seems like everyone else first. I truly believe because I look young that they think I don't have money and that I am just browsing. It is for this reason I like to shop on line instead. Maybe if I find a good SA I will change my opinion on boutique shopping.

LVobsessed415 I totally understand what you mean about not being helped in the store. I got my Speedy 30 at the Union Square store and I'm pretty sure I got helped because my mom was with me. I came into the store alone at first and was ignored. Then my mom came and met me and someone rushed to help. I'm 24 but I look 16. I feel for ya!

The Santa Clara store seems nicer though. Everytime I've gone in just to look around I've been greeted and asked if I needed help. I think whether people help you depends on the location. The Union Square store is so popular they probably feel they can ignore some customers. It's not right, but I can see that mentality.

I'm so new this. My first purse (Speedy 30) was a Xmas present last year and my Neverfull MM was a birthday present this year. What is a charge send?

When you call 1866 they will direct you to the store that carries the item you are looking for. The SA will take your information over the phone and charge the item on your cc and send it to you.

The closest store to me is well over an hour away, so I actually have never bought anything at a boutique! (yet). I have, however, purchased from 866. They have been super nice to me and I have received my items promptly and they have been in perfect condition!

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I was so shy about posting threads on TPF because I'm so new to LV, I didn't want to sound dumb. But you all have made it a great experience. THANKS!

Here's how I do it:

Advantage to Elux:

no tax
offers free shipping at times
no hassle-returns w/i 60 days
free exchanges
VIP gets upgraded shipping and free returns & headsup to future sales

LV boutique:

when I can't find what I want on Elux
To "try on" or see items, then I buy from Elux
no shipping fees
but sales tax here 7%

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I was so shy about posting threads on TPF because I'm so new to LV, I didn't want to sound dumb. But you all have made it a great experience. THANKS!

Welcome! It is nice to have another LV fanatic around on tpf, the more the merrier! Never hesitate to ask questions, that is how we all learn!

There are no LV stores in close proximity to me since I live in CT. I would either have to drive to NY or MASS. Plus I rather order from Elux since there are no taxes! Thats always a plus!