Edith finally arrived!

Daisy said:
Eek, not so....... Edith does NOT handle water well. I posted pics of the major water spot I had from a rain drip. Luckily, Dr. Roey was in and I got rid of the spot... just not sure if that method is totally fool-proof (stretching the leather). Still, I shall leave Edith at home on future rainy days.

Thanks for the heads up Daisy. I had glanced but not fully read the rain threads. I did take whiskey on a tester yesterday and freaked when it started sprinkling, but noticed it spotted quickly then just as quickly disappeared... no more rainy days until I'm certain, then the AG comes out full force! :idea:

But gosh, that Choco sure looks perfect, all around :biggrin:

No, it is super duper light! The leather is thick and durable despite that.

Daisy - I just returned from grocery shopping. Nice and sunny when I went into the store and upon checking out it was pouring buckets! I had to doublebag my Noir Paddington before leaving. This is when you need a slouchy bag. Edith would not have liked being smooshed down and tied up in a plastic bag, after being freed from her travel boxes this morning. :biggrin:

Color question for you Whiskey owners. In the spring/summer, I wear a lot of pastel t-shirts (pink, blue, green, yellow, peach), and one of the reasons I love a chocolate bag is because it looks so cool with these colors. Is the Whiskey Edith as versatile for pastels? Whiskey adds a punch to colors like black, navy, brown and beige - neutrals per se, but how does she fair with lighter colors? I love choco Edith with my pink tops! I don't like my Whiskey Paddy with pastels at all.

Roey, that's a good question. I do think your Chocko will be better suited with those pastel colors. I never wear pastels, EVER, so I didn't think of her clashing with my wardrobe. Not that Whiskey would clash with pastels, but I wouldn't love the combination personally--medium and dark tones, yes. Again, for me *personally*.

Daisy said:
Roey, that's a good question. I do think your Chocko will be better suited with those pastel colors. I never wear pastels, EVER, so I didn't think of her clashing with my wardrobe. Not that Whiskey would clash with pastels, but I wouldn't love the combination personally--medium and dark tones, yes. Again, for me *personally*.

I agree! Choco would be better with pastels.

Thanks SoCal and Daisy! You just saved me $1275. :biggrin:

I asked Edith if she wanted to join me for an Italian dinner out tonight and she declined. She is fearful of getting oil or mariana sauce on her beautiful leather. But she wants to go to Target tomorrow, LOL! We can make fun of all the horrid knock-off bags there.

roey said:
Daisy - I just returned from grocery shopping. Nice and sunny when I went into the store and upon checking out it was pouring buckets! I had to doublebag my Noir Paddington before leaving. This is when you need a slouchy bag. Edith would not have liked being smooshed down and tied up in a plastic bag, after being freed from her travel boxes this morning. :biggrin:

Thank goodness you know not to listen to me! :lol: :unsure: :lol:

I wish I had enough discipline to leave my bags at home when I should. I NEVER have the strength or good sense to leave them when they're brand new (as evidenced by my near-tragedy).

Gorgeous bag,Roey...and once more,it really comes to life when you wear it and it goes well with your pastels!! (Love your distressed weekend look btw...I could never carry that off but you rock it:smile: )

Hope the two of you enjoy Target tomorrow:biggrin:

Thanks all once again for your nice comments and bag-support!!

And Quirky thanks much! But alas, it is not a weekend look. I dress like this everyday!:shame: I really am a Target/Walmart girl at heart with an expensive handbag obssession! I can't even remember the last time I dressed up for a special occassion. Wear did my life go??!!