Ebene - Is It The New Black?

hi there! I am new to this forum and would like to know which scarf is wrapped around the Ebene bag? By the way, I just got my first Hermes whitebus briefcase and it would look so pretty with that scarf!

Ciao bellas!

MaiTai is beautiful! I'm running to grab my black boots now. I will wear my take on this outfit tomorrow! Thanks for great inspiration.

Ebene in a sea of New York black? Perfect!!!!!!!

hi there! I am new to this forum and would like to know which scarf is wrapped around the Ebene bag? By the way, I just got my first Hermes whitebus briefcase and it would look so pretty with that scarf!

Ciao bellas!

Welcome MistofCassiopeia! Congratulations on your new Whitebus!

Which scarf do you mean?

MaiTai posted this photo of her beautiful Chaines et Gourmettes vintage 70 cm on her Kelly:
attachment.php

CrochetBella posted this beauty on her Picotin, but I do not recognize it:
attachment.php

Crochetbella - it's beautiful. Love the contrasting border!

livethelake, ms p, xiaoxiao, anHermesLover, kaka and gracemot ~ thank you :heart:

MistofCassiopei, crochetbella's scarf is called 'Jeu des Omnibus et Dames blanches 1937-2007'

Oh my gosh - now I´m all confused again:confused1::confused1: !

As some of you may know, I don´t know the exact colour of my beloved birkin. I´d say it´s chocolate, which I really love most of the time. But sometimes, especially in mall light I wish it were ebene, which in my opinion matches with black a bit better than chocolate does. :girlsigh: As we can all see on MaiTai – Looking gorgeous again as usual. :ps: We are scarf twins, by the way ;)

Now I just talked to one of the SAs about colours the other weekend. And she said chocolate is ebene and Hermès just changes names. Another example is gold, which is now called fauve (please excuse misspellings). Now I couldn´t believe it. After seeing so many pictures here, I could have sworn ebene and chocolate were/are different colours. Then I thought, maybe it really only depends on different lighting and leather - like jean bleu looks a lot different in epsom as in togo or clemence?? But regarding to what I read here, I think SA is mistaken and they are different colours. Opinions, anybody?

thank you hair-mess :smile: lovely to be scarf twins with you!

Regarding your question about colors. You are right, Ebene and Chocolate are two different colors altogether. However, Ebene is currently not available in certain leathers. There is a color called Café, which I have been told was meant to substitute Ebene in those leathers. Café is also a cool brown (as opposed to chocolate), but is a few shades lighter and not as rich as Ebene. But who knows, I think the Victoria FT is now available in Ebene and Café.. I don't know about gold and fauve, but I would be very surprised if such a classic color like gold would have been replaced/renamed.

Hair-Mess I sometimes think when SAs talk (incorrectly) about colours being "replaced" or changed they are really talking about what can be ordered. A few podiums ago I had an SA (not my usual one) tell me Blue Jean had been "replaced" with Blue Brighton. What she meant was BB was the "current" blue and thus the one she was easily able to order.

Ebene, as MaiTai says, is not chocloate and Fauve is not gold but your SA might be trying to direct you towards colours he/she can order most easily.

Thank you so much, MaiTai and handybags - that´s what I thought. And although I really like the cooler tone of ebene and its ability to match with black, I wouldn´t trade my precious piece of chocolate for anything :smile:

However, I asked the SA (not my usual SA) twice if she was sure about Hermès changing names and she said yes. :shrugs: But it doesn´t really matter, since I´m not planning any major purchases this year and also since I´ve found this great place, where I´ve gotten more information in three months than I could ever think of.
:tpfrox:

Thank you so much, MaiTai and handybags - that´s what I thought. And although I really like the cooler tone of ebene and its ability to match with black, I wouldn´t trade my precious piece of chocolate for anything :smile:

However, I asked the SA (not my usual SA) twice if she was sure about Hermès changing names and she said yes. :shrugs: But it doesn´t really matter, since I´m not planning any major purchases this year and also since I´ve found this great place, where I´ve gotten more information in three months than I could ever think of.
:tpfrox:

I have a chocolate box Kelly and the Ebene Birkin I posted earlier... I'll try to take some pics this weekend of them side by side. They're similiar but def dif browns. But both lovely! I :heart: brown a lot... all earthtones, really LoL :P

my first birkin is ebene clemence and I think it is a fabby color. I wear all black most of the time and I like the very subtle contrast especially as many of my scarves have a bit of brown it them. It also looks great with the navy blue scrubs I wear and blue jeans as well. It looks better with grey than most browns do...and in the sunlight, it gets a little bit of a bronze glint which brightens the color and keeps it from seeming muddy. Love it. I think you should go for it!!