eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

I would have replied "please go ahead and purchase the complete set elsewhere". I used to get messaged about some rare discontinued sought after item saying "for that sort of money, I could get it from the store ..." and I used to reply "please purchase from the store if you can find one". I know the chance for them to find one is very slim. My point is this type of haggling excuse never works why do people think it would?
I remember one person telling me she saw the same bag at the outlet in 1999 for $49, or something like that. Well, it isn't 1999 anymore, is it?

How are sellers allowed to end an auction 5 minutes before it's supposed to end, because the price hasn't gone as high as they had hoped? WHAT?? This has happened to me several times as a bidder (the only bidder). If you have a reserve, then pay for the listing to say that.
They still have to pay final value fees to ebay. That was a policy put in to prevent this from happening.

They still have to pay final value fees to ebay. That was a policy put in to prevent this from happening.
Thanks for that info. I just know that as a seller I would never do this. It's totally bogus and dishonest. I don't know what the seller says to eBay (do they have to give a reason?) but both times the sellers admitted to me that the price just wasn't high enough to suit them. Whatever.

Reactions: whateve
Thanks for that info. I just know that as a seller I would never do this. It's totally bogus and dishonest. I don't know what the seller says to eBay (do they have to give a reason?) but both times the sellers admitted to me that the price just wasn't high enough to suit them. Whatever.
The seller should have started their listing at the lowest price they will accept! What they did is very bad selling practice!

When sellers get annoyed when you ask them for something to prove authenticity.
Like you’re asking $1k plus for a bag with no receipt and I’m supposed to believe you cos you condescendingly tell me there is a serial number and I can google all about them?
Or when they tell you “I don’t use fakes”
Ok......

Also been randomly blocked from bidding from this one seller. When I looked up if I ever spoke to her before I found the only communication was me asking for proof of authenticity to which she responded “if I did this bag would be a lot more expensive”. The bag was still a starting bid price of $700 (YSL bag, so maybe only $200 less than normal starting prices).

eBay, you get really random people on there.
I prefer to buy off Facebook groups now.

My ebay peeve (ok, only one of them)--I email sellers (using the ebay system) with questions and don't get answers, at all. Do they check their messages ever? Do they know HOW to check their messages? Sigh ...

My ebay peeve (ok, only one of them)--I email sellers (using the ebay system) with questions and don't get answers, at all. Do they check their messages ever? Do they know HOW to check their messages? Sigh ...
EBay messaging system has known to be very unreliable! There sellers who posted on here that they didn't always get notifications of new messages.

Reactions: whateve