eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

When someone calls my shipping charges "silly" and in reality it doesn't even cover the actual shipping charges by PO, not even close. Oh, and they don't know that Ebay and PP charges applied to shipping fees as well. :facepalm:
Yep, I'm going through that right now with a buyer on a pair of shoes. Shoes are heavy! She thinks there is a cheaper, slower method. I'm not even charging enough to cover the fees.

Yep, I'm going through that right now with a buyer on a pair of shoes. Shoes are heavy! She thinks there is a cheaper, slower method. I'm not even charging enough to cover the fees.

Some people also think "free shipping" is a real thing, works like we pay Post Office $0. I had an ebay-er said to me, "oh, but when I buy it from Japan shipping is always free" :facepalm:

Reactions: whateve

Selling shoes on eBay is always a giant pain in the behind. Whether it’s requests for bizarre measurements or the true to size question or whatever, even if you sell them it’s a crapshoot as to whether they’ll get returned.

Some people also think "free shipping" is a real thing, works like we pay Post Office $0. I had an ebay-er said to me, "oh, but when I buy it from Japan shipping is always free" :facepalm:

I had a buyer ask me to give him free shipping and offer me to pay $100 for my item, “can I pay $100 with free shipping, it’s showing me $11.xx btw.”

I dunno why, but the second sentence made me roll my eyes and...I felt the urge to go all out on him but I held my composure and just wrote a nice email refusing his offer, then I blocked him. What’s funny is that sometimes I would offer free shipping on items that don’t sell for weeks (I would have it as a BIN listing for 30 days), and I get NO buyers. But when I do, I get watchers and idiots like that guy asking me that same question. What the frick. *pulls hair out*

Selling shoes on eBay is always a giant pain in the behind. Whether it’s requests for bizarre measurements or the true to size question or whatever, even if you sell them it’s a crapshoot as to whether they’ll get returned.
I ended up shipping them without the box per the buyer's request to save on the costs. Hopefully, they won't get returned. I'm keeping the box just in case.

Reactions: MAGJES
Seller offers a „best offer“. So you offer the original price minus 15% (which I feel is fair), and the seller makes a counteroffer of the original price minus 3%. Am I the only one who thinks that this is ridiculous?
Buyers (and sellers) often don't realize that sometimes ebay puts a b.o. on listings as the default. Depending on the listing form the seller uses, she may not realize nor intend that there be a best offer. Therefore countering at 3% off her BIN price is a concession she didn't even intend to make.

Reactions: xincinsin and BBC
Buyers (and sellers) often don't realize that sometimes ebay puts a b.o. on listings as the default. Depending on the listing form the seller uses, she may not realize nor intend that there be a best offer. Therefore countering at 3% off her BIN price is a concession she didn't even intend to make.
She is a professional seller, so I assume that she is familiar with that... but sure, you never know!

Received this message today from a buyer. I don't like it......my shipping costs are beyond fair.....hate it when an entitled buyer asks for a shipping refund. They agreed to my shipping costs when they purchased my item. I feel like sending her a 9 cent refund. Honestly though I do feel like cancelling this sale. It's brand new face products that sold for $56 that is probably a $200 value.
and.....doesn't she receive an email from ebay when i ship the item? I purchase postage directly through ebay.

Here's the message from my buyer......
Good day and I ask you please, to pack a good package, I do not want broken or broken things. many parcels come with the damage. The packaging is very important! last request to give me a tracking number after delivery. If shipping becomes cheaper, please return the part of the unclaimed funds. I hope for a good business, good luck and prosperity. Thank you...

Received this message today from a buyer. I don't like it......my shipping costs are beyond fair.....hate it when an entitled buyer asks for a shipping refund. They agreed to my shipping costs when they purchased my item. I feel like sending her a 9 cent refund. Honestly though I do feel like cancelling this sale. It's brand new face products that sold for $56 that is probably a $200 value.
and.....doesn't she receive an email from ebay when i ship the item? I purchase postage directly through ebay.

Here's the message from my buyer......
Good day and I ask you please, to pack a good package, I do not want broken or broken things. many parcels come with the damage. The packaging is very important! last request to give me a tracking number after delivery. If shipping becomes cheaper, please return the part of the unclaimed funds. I hope for a good business, good luck and prosperity. Thank you...
It sounds like English is a second language for her. She may not mean to be rude. I can understand her frustration with poor packing. Sometimes I really want to tell sellers this, but I just wait and hope. Today I got a premium brand purse in an envelope!

I would just respond something like "Thank you for your purchase. I always pack carefully. The tracking number will show on your ebay sales page, and also in paypal. I hope you love it!"

Reactions: BBC
It sounds like English is a second language for her. She may not mean to be rude. I can understand her frustration with poor packing. Sometimes I really want to tell sellers this, but I just wait and hope. Today I got a premium brand purse in an envelope!

I would just respond something like "Thank you for your purchase. I always pack carefully. The tracking number will show on your ebay sales page, and also in paypal. I hope you love it!"
Thank you for the perspective! :flowers: It's been a long day! :amuse:

I have a new pet peeve, it’s quite frustrating.
Sellers taking all the days they can to refund the money. They have the item, why are they waiting until ebay steps in?
Or when they immediately transfer your payment to their bank even before they ship, then they don't have any money available to give you a refund.