eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

Honestly? I'm not suggesting she's blind, but photo's can be deceiving and at least she read the description which mentioned the scratches... perhaps she just couldn't see anything in the pictures and wanted confirmation? I appreciate getting the words mixed up but I other than that, I thought she sounded ok.

Obvs - as has been mentioned - your listing, your choice. Just another view point.

Peace

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa
Honestly? I'm not suggesting she's blind, but photo's can be deceiving and at least she read the description which mentioned the scratches... perhaps she just couldn't see anything in the pictures and wanted confirmation? I appreciate getting the words mixed up but I other than that, I thought she sounded ok.

Obvs - as has been mentioned - your listing, your choice. Just another view point.

Peace
I was also wondering if maybe it is a language barrier issue, getting "fractures" repeatedly confused with "scratches" might be an issue for someone who doesn't speak English as a first language and doesn't understand the difference, but in the end it it is the seller's decision if the potential stress is worth the risk.

I could use some advice here... I sold a $700 pair of boots, and the buyer is listed as based in China (I'm in NYC). The shipping address stuck out to me, and it turns out it is a warehouse facility in City of Industry, CA. Basically, when you google the address the first thing that comes up is a thread on BadBuyerList. The name of my buyer appears in that thread, but in the context of other people who have found the thread & asking "they paid, and said not to include invoice because it's a gift... should I cancel?". Indeed, the buyer has paid already, and in the transaction notes asked me to bubble wrap it and not include an invoice, as it is a gift.

I called and spoke to a couple people at eBay to get their advice. The guy from escalation in seller protection told me that he saw no issues with the account (they do have over 1k all-positive feedback, within the past 12 months), and verified that this is the address they have items shipped to. He said that as long as I send the item to the address they give me and it shows as delivered, I'm covered. I asked what happens if for whatever reason it doesn't end up showing as delivered... and he said that at that point it would be hard for them to side with me. He said to send it signature confirmation and insured.

I'm conflicted because: 1) I don't want to cancel a transaction from a legitimate buyer, upset them, and risk the ding on my account, but 2) I'm very hesitant given the situation and the cost of the boots (which were ~$1.6k retail, barely used)...

Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before? What would you do? :/

I could use some advice here... I sold a $700 pair of boots, and the buyer is listed as based in China (I'm in NYC). The shipping address stuck out to me, and it turns out it is a warehouse facility in City of Industry, CA. Basically, when you google the address the first thing that comes up is a thread on BadBuyerList. The name of my buyer appears in that thread, but in the context of other people who have found the thread & asking "they paid, and said not to include invoice because it's a gift... should I cancel?". Indeed, the buyer has paid already, and in the transaction notes asked me to bubble wrap it and not include an invoice, as it is a gift.

I called and spoke to a couple people at eBay to get their advice. The guy from escalation in seller protection told me that he saw no issues with the account (they do have over 1k all-positive feedback, within the past 12 months), and verified that this is the address they have items shipped to. He said that as long as I send the item to the address they give me and it shows as delivered, I'm covered. I asked what happens if for whatever reason it doesn't end up showing as delivered... and he said that at that point it would be hard for them to side with me. He said to send it signature confirmation and insured.

I'm conflicted because: 1) I don't want to cancel a transaction from a legitimate buyer, upset them, and risk the ding on my account, but 2) I'm very hesitant given the situation and the cost of the boots (which were ~$1.6k retail, barely used)...

Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before? What would you do? :/
Is it possible that the shipment is to a facility that's a forwarding company?

A lot of international buyers use forwarding companies to save money. They have multiple shipments (for which they've paid lower domestic costs) held for them and when there's "enough," they have the orders combined and forwarded to them in their country.

The good thing is that once the item is shown as delivered, you're protected. And once forwarded, the buyer loses buyer protection.

As for the request not to show an invoice, I'm guessing that it's a way to hide the prices paid in the hopes that they're charged lower customs fees. Since you aren't shipping internationally, it's not your problem if the shipping company lies on the subsequent customs forms they have to fill out.

If you go to the PP payment details page, does it show "eligible" for seller protection?
Is the shipping address on that PP page the same one as is shown on ebay?
Is the total cost (including shipping) <$750?

If the answer to the above questions are yes, you can ship. It's not even necessary for s.c. since all you need is tracking showing delivery. If it makes you feel better, you can purchase it though.

Is it possible that the shipment is to a facility that's a forwarding company?

A lot of international buyers use forwarding companies to save money. They have multiple shipments (for which they've paid lower domestic costs) held for them and when there's "enough," they have the orders combined and forwarded to them in their country...

Thanks BeenBurned - definitely put me more at ease. I sent and it showed as delivered, so hopefully that's the happy end to that!

In the meantime now I have a buyer who bought a bag from me almost a full month ago (and left positive feedback) requesting to return it because she "just doesn't like it". She claims she hasn't used it, and hopes that we can "resolve it amicably". Oh, the joys of eBay.

Thanks BeenBurned - definitely put me more at ease. I sent and it showed as delivered, so hopefully that's the happy end to that!

In the meantime now I have a buyer who bought a bag from me almost a full month ago (and left positive feedback) requesting to return it because she "just doesn't like it". She claims she hasn't used it, and hopes that we can "resolve it amicably". Oh, the joys of eBay.
Since she said she just doesn't like it, and already left positive feedback, there isn't much risk if you deny the return. She can't do an about face and claim not as described if you have messages proving what she said. She probably already used it too.

Reactions: Dooneysta
Since she said she just doesn't like it, and already left positive feedback, there isn't much risk if you deny the return. She can't do an about face and claim not as described if you have messages proving what she said. She probably already used it too.

Ugh I know. Part of me is tempted to accept bc it's a black Balenciaga weekender from 2005 & I dont like the thought of it going unappreciated... But on the other hand, she bought it 3 weeks ago!!! And liked it!

I've already paid the eBay and PayPal fees (not sure if the PP one gets credited back too?), and I don't want to pay for her to basically have tried on my bag, [most likely] worn it, then decided she didn't want it anymore.

In the return request she apologised, says the bag is great but not what she expected *for the price*. Nice with the subtle dig. Tbh she could probably make more reselling it. ::Sigh::

Ugh I know. Part of me is tempted to accept bc it's a black Balenciaga weekender from 2005 & I dont like the thought of it going unappreciated... But on the other hand, she bought it 3 weeks ago!!! And liked it!

I've already paid the eBay and PayPal fees (not sure if the PP one gets credited back too?), and I don't want to pay for her to basically have tried on my bag, [most likely] worn it, then decided she didn't want it anymore.

In the return request she apologised, says the bag is great but not what she expected *for the price*. Nice with the subtle dig. Tbh she could probably make more reselling it. ::Sigh::
Somebody probably told her she was a fool spending that much on a bag, or she got her credit card bill and is now feeling the pressure. Maybe she bought it for a trip and now that it is over, she doesn't need it anymore.

The fees do come back from ebay and paypal. Sometimes you'll have to call ebay to get them credited back if you do the return outside of the ebay returns system. It is situations like this that would be better for you if you did take returns and had a restocking fee. Since you don't, you can't charge her a restocking fee.

You could suggest she resell it and tell her she is welcome to use your pictures.

I just want to vent ... I know this will get sorted. But I just had a seller send me an order in two separate boxes, both c.o.d. .... !

Listing said free shipping. It was some stupid gift bags for a kids' birthday party, no big deal. Twenty of them, two packs of ten. Sent in two separate parcels from the Midwest to California. Each has almost $5 in postage due. I don't see how that is even possible. Bags cost $1.59 per pack.

I just want to vent ... I know this will get sorted. But I just had a seller send me an order in two separate boxes, both c.o.d. .... !

Listing said free shipping. It was some stupid gift bags for a kids' birthday party, no big deal. Twenty of them, two packs of ten. Sent in two separate parcels from the Midwest to California. Each has almost $5 in postage due. I don't see how that is even possible. Bags cost $1.59 per pack.
Please post the seller's ID so we'll know not to buy from that person!

Are they new? The seller....not the bags
It isn't the cost of the item but the weight. A 6oz package from CA to OH is over $3 first class rates.
I am constantly having to drum this into the BFs head whenever he wants to 'help' me sell on Bay. My rule of thumb is to avoid selling cheap items that cost more than they are worth to ship.

Are they new? The seller....not the bags
It isn't the cost of the item but the weight. A 6oz package from CA to OH is over $3 first class rates.
I am constantly having to drum this into the BFs head whenever he wants to 'help' me sell on Bay. My rule of thumb is to avoid selling cheap items that cost more than they are worth to ship.
If you buy your postage through ebay or paypal, 6 oz costs $2.77, unless you are top rated and then you get a bigger discount.

If the seller used priority packaging but paid for first class, USPS will collect the priority rate.

This is a super-big seller in michigan. Almost 200,000 sales. Normally, I don't buy from those. I have a similar item at home -- picked it up today at the local party store, weighed it. Not quite what the kiddo wanted, but it'll do, hopefully. It was half an ounce.

username is perrysmart -- and from his feedback, it looks like I'm not the only one to have received a c.o.d. package from this guy.

Seller sent it usps ground select, which is for giant or heavy items, and sent it as two separate packages. and it spent two weeks getting to us. but when i messaged the guy, it just got weird. he said it was because usps disputed his classification of the package and was making him pay "premium shipping" after the fact. which made no sense. he told me to go ahead and pay the extra postage, and he would pay me directly through paypal after i did so. uh, no. i told him several times that i wanted a refund. he said he would process it within 6 months of receiving the items back, but only if I hadn't done something to make him have to pay to get his items back. i'm not even sure what that means. but if it was sent with insufficient or no postage, I'm guessing he'll need to pay to get his package back? not sure. i guess it's time to start a case against this guy.

This is a super-big seller in michigan. Almost 200,000 sales. Normally, I don't buy from those. I have a similar item at home -- picked it up today at the local party store, weighed it. Not quite what the kiddo wanted, but it'll do, hopefully. It was half an ounce.

username is perrysmart -- and from his feedback, it looks like I'm not the only one to have received a c.o.d. package from this guy.

Seller sent it usps ground select, which is for giant or heavy items, and sent it as two separate packages. and it spent two weeks getting to us. but when i messaged the guy, it just got weird. he said it was because usps disputed his classification of the package and was making him pay "premium shipping" after the fact. which made no sense. he told me to go ahead and pay the extra postage, and he would pay me directly through paypal after i did so. uh, no. i told him several times that i wanted a refund. he said he would process it within 6 months of receiving the items back, but only if I hadn't done something to make him have to pay to get his items back. i'm not even sure what that means. but if it was sent with insufficient or no postage, I'm guessing he'll need to pay to get his package back? not sure. i guess it's time to start a case against this guy.
This is another seller who earned "appropriate" feedback! Seriously!

Personally, I wouldn't have done business with a seller who got 17 negs just in the last 30 days and over 600 in the last 12 months. (And that doesn't even take the neutrals into account!)
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...ch=negative&interval=30&_trkparms=negative_30

Definitely open a dispute for SNAD, upload the postage due markings on the packages as well as your proof of payment and show the listings that offer free shipping.

What a jerk!