eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

When sellers are too lazy to post pictures of their item. I ask them a question about this and obviously I'm ignored. Good luck selling that bag you obviously don't have, scammer.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Rebecca-Minko...Bag-525-NEW-/222503553988?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

I also hate sellers who don't do their job and send out their items!! I bought the Aladdin DVD along with dozens of other people but the dumb seller didn't send it out. I guess she ran out but was too lazy or too clueless to remove the listing. Sad thing is, she was a new ebayer, too with just 4 feedbacks. She ignored all emails, too. Poor thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.PNG
    IMG_0952.PNG
    72.8 KB · Views: 285
My current pet peeve is at myself. I found something I wanted and the current amount was reasonable so, I bid. The current bidder had it set higher than my max so I moved on. I found one with a good BIN price and bought it. Now, the bidder on the first auction, retracted. Yes, I knew better but, I saw the BIN and went for it. I hope I get outbid. Also, it did not show the reason for the retraction. Do they not do that any longer?
Slapping myself. Another reason I need to stop bidding on auctions, at least til the last minute. lol

Just got a one of those messages -- you realize X sells these for less

I wonder if he/she will realize they've been blocked.

As if the question weren't obnoxious enough, 40% of the feedback they've ever given was negative.

My current pet peeve is at myself. I found something I wanted and the current amount was reasonable so, I bid. The current bidder had it set higher than my max so I moved on. I found one with a good BIN price and bought it. Now, the bidder on the first auction, retracted. Yes, I knew better but, I saw the BIN and went for it. I hope I get outbid. Also, it did not show the reason for the retraction. Do they not do that any longer?
Slapping myself. Another reason I need to stop bidding on auctions, at least til the last minute. lol
This happened to me years ago. I ended winning the auction too. I was so afraid that I was going to be kicked off ebay that I paid for both items.

Even worse, I was the winning bidder on an auction when someone listed a BO for the same item. I made an offer for the amount I was bid up to in the auction. My bid was rejected. I would have gladly paid the BIN price but I felt I couldn't because I was tied into the auction. Later I got outbid in the auction and the price bypassed the BIN item, at which point someone else snapped it up. I lost both. It took months for me to find another one.

Reactions: carlpsmom
This happened to me years ago. I ended winning the auction too. I was so afraid that I was going to be kicked off ebay that I paid for both items.

Even worse, I was the winning bidder on an auction when someone listed a BO for the same item. I made an offer for the amount I was bid up to in the auction. My bid was rejected. I would have gladly paid the BIN price but I felt I couldn't because I was tied into the auction. Later I got outbid in the auction and the price bypassed the BIN item, at which point someone else snapped it up. I lost both. It took months for me to find another one.

I did decide to retract but couldn't. I asked the seller and she could not figure it out. lol Really nice lady, though. As it happened, I did get outbid so someone else will enjoy it!!!

When buyers purchase your item and decided to cancel because they didn't do their homework. I just got my first cancellation on tradesy and I'm worried about my closet being suspended. So disappointed.
You don't have to agree to the cancellation. I had one on Tradesy a long time ago. The buyer kept bugging me to cancel. I know she bought my item just to push her over the coupon limit. I gave in then but I wouldn't do it now.

Reactions: anthrosphere
I ask the seller if the bag I'm interested in has a hang tag (couldn't tell in photos due to positioning) and whether the dust bag is included. She responds, "No and no." I thanked her, and decided to go ahead and bid anyway. I was blocked from bidding! This has never happened to me. I have 100% positive ratings as both a buyer and seller, and I ALWAYS pay immediately, so I don't understand why I couldn't bid.

Last edited:
I ask the seller if the bag I'm interested in has a hang tag (couldn't tell in photos due to positioning) and whether the dust bag is included. She responds, "No and no." I thanked her, and decided to go ahead and bid anyway. I was blocked from bidding! This has never happened to me. I have 100% positive ratings as both a buyer and seller, and I ALWAYS pay immediately, so I don't understand why I couldn't bid.
Don't take it personally. If you read this thread, this is the new norm. The seller has probably done you a favor.

That's ridiculous.

Reactions: LolaCalifornia

Don't take it personally. If you read this thread, this is the new norm. The seller has probably done you a favor.

That's ridiculous.
Seriously! But yeah, count your blessings. Do you really want to do business with that kind of seller? There are too many other sellers than to patronize that one.