eBay INAD case with seller ertc-japan179

I am sorry you experienced that...

This is not my first eBay experience, it is my first SNAD case... I bought several preloved items and all other items seem good so far.

I was more pissed off by his reaction when communicated than the item itself...

And he doesn't not provide more pics, several month ago I was asking for more pics to have the item authenticated before I bid but he replied that he doesn't provide more pics. So I didn't end up bidding that one. Anyway, lesson learned... Will def look more carefully to see any part is missing... Thank you!

Oh, I misunderstood, sorry. :smile:
His responses to you were inappropriate, he was talking in circles. Good luck going forward!

I should add, that I am one of his buyers that was beyond pleased with my purchase. My item was better than described...and I am picky.

I was writing off the way he wrote messages to you based in a language barrier. I truly think he was having a hard time communicating.

Oh, and OP, please hold off leaving your neg feedback until the item is received and you receive the refund that was promised. I would hate for that to get wonky and cause you more headaches.

That being said, I would definitely neg this seller.

OP, this seller is an A-hole and shouldn't have been arguing with you. Most definitely leave negative feedback but after you receive your refund! Other buyers should be warned.

Oh, and OP, please hold off leaving your neg feedback until the item is received and you receive the refund that was promised. I would hate for that to get wonky and cause you more headaches.

I haven't gone back to re-read but I thought the OP said she already got the money she was going to get from the seller.

Sorry to hear about your experience and omg I also had a SNAD ordeal with ertc-japan179 quite recently and the seller was a nightmare to deal with. The bag I purchased had heavy rubs and loose stitches that weren't mentioned or shown at all in their listing. Seller denied everything even after I showed them photos and sent back the bag at my own cost. They wouldn't comment on the rubs and loose stitches and basically said the bag was 'as ranked'. Then they wanted to deduct auction fees from my refund which was so ridiculous because they could get their fees back on returned item. I feel the seller is unethical and wouldn't hesitate to lie to get out of responsibility. Please be aware when you consider purchasing from ertc-japan179 !
The best information I'm taking away from this thread:

"Please be aware when you consider purchasing from ertc-japan179 !"

Problems with a buyer involving an Hermes, the item you bought and the OP's purse. That's enough for me.

One of the things they ask us to do on the H forum is to post only about our own experiences. I did a search for this seller and see only one post with feedback and it is "excellent". Admittedly, it could be somewhere that I didn't find it in my search, but I worry about condemning a seller (or buyer) based on what we read from someone else. In fact, jyyanks, you and I had diametrically opposed transactions with the same seller. Mine was awful and I will never buy from her again, yours was great and you will buy from her again. That's kind of the way these things work, the experiences aren't uniform. I don't think it is fair to give additional weight by reporting anecdotal "evidence", particularly without pointing to a specific post.

Just my two cents...and I'm not even a seller! I do worry, though, about a seller's reputation getting repeatedly bashed for the same transaction (if that makes sense).
Luvbolide - you are right. I did not have a personal experience with this seller and don't want to unfairly judge him. Several people have had good experiences with him/her based on his/her feedback so it's not all bad. People should read feedback and make decisions for themselves. I have bought from sellers who have negative feedback and have had positive experiences, including the one you mentioned. Thanks for reminding me that I should only comment on personal experiences and not on what others have said.

I do want to clarify what my purpose was in pointing out the other thread. Sometimes when I am put in difficult situations and I feel as if someone reacts not so nicely, I wonder if it's me and I thought OP might want to know that she is not alone.

One of the things they ask us to do on the H forum is to post only about our own experiences. I did a search for this seller and see only one post with feedback and it is "excellent". Admittedly, it could be somewhere that I didn't find it in my search, but I worry about condemning a seller (or buyer) based on what we read from someone else. In fact, jyyanks, you and I had diametrically opposed transactions with the same seller. Mine was awful and I will never buy from her again, yours was great and you will buy from her again. That's kind of the way these things work, the experiences aren't uniform. I don't think it is fair to give additional weight by reporting anecdotal "evidence", particularly without pointing to a specific post.

Just my two cents...and I'm not even a seller! I do worry, though, about a seller's reputation getting repeatedly bashed for the same transaction (if that makes sense).

Hi Luvbolide, I agree with you. Even if I had a case with the seller myself, I don't want to affect people by my own objective words and opinions, it may not be fair to the seller or the readers, so I did screenshots for all the communications from the case between me and the seller (missed the last message which I said "ok") so that readers can see what the truth is.

And I agree that a lot of buyers had positive experiences with this seller through their feedback-- they didn't even have a single neg feedback until several days ago, that is mainly why I bought from them without do a research first, lesson learnt.

On the other side, I appreciated that another member here shared what she saw in another post as well, even if it is not herself's, it at least gave me some source that I could search for, and I did and learned. If I saw someone mentioning that thread before I bought, I'd search for that and may hold back purchasing from this seller, and all this may not happen.... But the other side of the coin, people now have one more reference about this seller :smile:

Sorry to hear about your experience and omg I also had a SNAD ordeal with ertc-japan179 quite recently and the seller was a nightmare to deal with. The bag I purchased had heavy rubs and loose stitches that weren't mentioned or shown at all in their listing. Seller denied everything even after I showed them photos and sent back the bag at my own cost. They wouldn't comment on the rubs and loose stitches and basically said the bag was 'as ranked'. Then they wanted to deduct auction fees from my refund which was so ridiculous because they could get their fees back on returned item. I feel the seller is unethical and wouldn't hesitate to lie to get out of responsibility. Please be aware when you consider purchasing from ertc-japan179 !

Hi Sum, this is terrible! I hope you got the full refund back! I agree with you that the seller is unethical and wouldn't hesitate to lie to get out of responsibility. The seller used the same trick about the listing fee in the case about H bag as well! It is impossible that he didn't know this, twice...

I haven't gone back to re-read but I thought the OP said she already got the money she was going to get from the seller.

OP, this seller is an A-hole and shouldn't have been arguing with you. Most definitely leave negative feedback but after you receive your refund! Other buyers should be warned.

Yep I already got the partial refund. The seller didn't want the bag to go back to him in the end I guess, even if he said he didn't get profit from it...

One thing is I already said ok to the seller's requirement that don't leave feedback in order to get a refund... Do you think I should leave the neg feedback anyway? And is he able to report me or get my refund back as I am not "keeping the promise"...?

Yep I already got the partial refund. The seller didn't want the bag to go back to him in the end I guess, even if he said he didn't get profit from it...

One thing is I already said ok to the seller's requirement that don't leave feedback in order to get a refund... Do you think I should leave the neg feedback anyway? And is he able to report me or get my refund back as I am not "keeping the promise"...?
No, he can't report you and wouldn't dare! A seller isn't allowed to deny a buyer the right to leave whatever feedback the buyer wants to leave and if you reported him, he'd get in trouble.

You can and should leave feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html