ebay has started to suspend buyers?

I'm not saying it's justified, but doesn't that tell you what it is/what you need to do? It seems like they're just trying to get you to verify/update your contact information.

I don't think so. If so why didn't they contact me for more information? Look at their most recent email. They said due to policy they can't tell me the reason. I think they just sent out some generic emails/response.

I am not a new user. I've been with them 3-4 years. And as I said, I am only a small time buyer. Only 43 feedbacks, so I assumed that's the amount of transaction over the 3 years or so.

I have no NP strikes against me in case you're wondering.

have you had any disputes with anyone on ebay, someone who may have reported you to get back at you? there are a lot of evil people on ebay so i don't see it as an impossibility. also, is there any chance your account may have been hijacked?

hmm...I haven't considered that but it might be a possibility. I agree that there are alot of evil and vengeful people out there. Have to accept that sometimes, the innocents can be victimised as well.
As for hijacking, I really hope not. How do I know if that happened?

not totally sure but it's when someone fraudulently gains access to your account. i imagine though that you would know if someone were buying or selling things using your account. just guessing here since ebay won't give us more info. i know it's frustrating but i do believe that ebay has its reasons for not divulging information and has to apply those rules across the board and innocent people are treated the same as the guilty. it's called "one bad apple spoils the bunch."

I might be way off-base here and this may not apply in your case, but a while back I got several emails saying that I was "suspended" from ebay and/or paypal and had to reply to the email with info to "fix" it.

These were all "phishing" emails trying to get my personal information. You can forward anything suspicious to [email protected] (hope that's right) and they will tell you if it's really from them or not.

More and more e-bay is just getting rediculous and becoming a disaster! I hope that I can get the items that are still on my wish list via e-bay at great deals before e-bay becomes to corrupt!

I was also wondering if this may have been a phising scam. Is it possible your account was hijacked? Did the emails have your ebay username in them?

That's quite possible! I do not respond to anything via e-bay unless it comes directly to my My E-bay inbox. Once I saw a PayPal msg. in my other e-mail address that isn't even linked to my PayPal acct.- well I reported it as a phishing scam and haven't heard anything since. You have to be so carefull anymore. I don't even like leaving very much $ in my PayPal account just b/c if there isn't anything there- the better. Funds are just there when I need them and they go back out after I do what I need to do- ex. a purchase or simply shipping out an order.

Are you sure this isn't a phishing email. eBay and PayPal always call you by your real name. At this point, I would clean my computer, run a virus check and forward these to [email protected].

Do not reply to this again. They may very well have your password at this time. Neither eBay nor PayPal just suspend without a reason.

Call ebay and see what the heck is going on here? It may be a spoof or they may be able to help you. You only get robotic responses from their "trust and safety" dept. IF that was them. I hope they have not hijacked your account from answering those emails. Was the original message in your official ebay "my messages?" If not, it is most likely a spoof. You may need to change your passwords ASAP. CALL EBAY!