eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

View attachment 4401167

So I got this message from eBay today after listing something for the first time in like two years. I’ve been a member with no problems (counterfeit or otherwise) since 2004. I’m not gonna fight this bc I was asking so little for the item, but like... wtf? Is there just like a robot that sweeps listings and removes them? I bought this from the boutique myself so I know it’s real. >.>

Anyway I guess it’s off to Depop, etsy, etc for me.

ETA: Also is customer service only available over the phone now?

I assume it is because you haven't listed anything in years, and then the first thing you listed is something that is often counterfeited.
Are you positive that the listing you posted was for an authentic item?

Are you positive that the listing you posted was for an authentic item?

Absolutely. I got it from the store myself.

Fwiw, it’s a Coach wristlet I had from ages ago (found while cleaning stuff out for a move). It was a little dirty but otherwise in good shape, so I threw it up there for $15. I guess they thought that was too low? I can’t see anyone wanting to pay much more than that.

Absolutely. I got it from the store myself.

Fwiw, it’s a Coach wristlet I had from ages ago (found while cleaning stuff out for a move). It was a little dirty but otherwise in good shape, so I threw it up there for $15. I guess they thought that was too low? I can’t see anyone wanting to pay much more than that.
I don't think it was the price that did it. I've sold Coach items that cheaply.

Reactions: BeenBurned
Update on my package with s.c. that was never marked as delivered. The local PO called and said the would look into what happened.

The buyer never left me feedback. But I just checked and they are reselling the item for a higher price. I'm so relieved that they got it, but could they still file a claim? Perhaps they didn't leave feedback because they're a reseller? The only reason feedback matters to me in this instance is because it confirms they got it. I don't think your can leave feedback and then file an inr claim, can you?

Should I contact the buyer now since I know they received it?

Update on my package with s.c. that was never marked as delivered. The local PO called and said the would look into what happened.

The buyer never left me feedback. But I just checked and they are reselling the item for a higher price. I'm so relieved that they got it, but could they still file a claim? Perhaps they didn't leave feedback because they're a reseller? The only reason feedback matters to me in this instance is because it confirms they got it. I don't think your can leave feedback and then file an inr claim.

Should I contact the now buyer since I know they received it?
And now you see the problem and why "protecting yourself" by getting s.c. on everything can backfire.

If she's a scammer, she CAN file INR on you and without delivery proof, you would lose the case.

My suggestion is to save a copy of the listing in which she's reselling your item, though ebay and she could argue that she had 2 of the same item and it's the "other" that she's selling.

Reactions: JadaStormy
And now you see the problem and why "protecting yourself" by getting s.c. on everything can backfire.

If she's a scammer, she CAN file INR on you and without delivery proof, you would lose the case.

My suggestion is to save a copy of the listing in which she's reselling your item, though ebay and she could argue that she had 2 of the same item and it's the "other" that she's selling.

Thanks. So I shouldn't contact the buyer? The PO asked me if had and I said no and they said they would contact them.

I can't remember anymore how long a buyer can file an inr claim? Doesn't paypal give them like 180 days? I shipped priority mail so it came with $50 insurance.

This was the last thing I planned to sell on ebay so thankfully I'm done.

Thanks. So I shouldn't contact the buyer? The PO asked me if had and I said no and they said they would contact them.

I can't remember anymore how long a buyer can file an inr claim? Doesn't paypal give them like 180 days? I shipped priority mail so it came with $50 insurance.

This was the last thing I planned to sell on ebay so thankfully I'm done.
Don't contact her. Hopefully, she will do nothing. Yes, she has 180 days.

The weirdest thing just happened. I refreshed my ebay page and my feedback count dropped by one. I checked and no one left me a negative. The last feedback was from a seller in the last month. I don't have any recent selling feedback.

The weirdest thing just happened. I refreshed my ebay page and my feedback count dropped by one. I checked and no one left me a negative. The last feedback was from a seller in the last month. I don't have any recent selling feedback.
If a newbie left feedback and is naru'ed within 30 days of membership, any feedback they left is removed.

Check to see if you sold something to a newbie.

If a newbie left feedback and is naru'ed within 30 days of membership, any feedback they left is removed.

Check to see if you sold something to a newbie.
Thanks! It doesn't seem to be recently. I sold to two newbies in February but neither left me feedback.
lol! I just figured out who it was! It was that scammer who sent me her old worn-out bag! It still shows on my sales page as if she gave me positive feedback, but I'm not finding it on feedback page. So, I guess it doesn't have to be within 30 days. She joined in December; bought in February. I'm seeing the feedback she left for others on her page, but not the feedback she left for me. Possibly because of the case. I can't remember what exactly it said. It was positive but it wasn't glowing praise. She complained about the shipping time and cost.

I'm glad ebay NARUed her. I wonder if she scammed someone else before they got wise.

Reactions: BeenBurned
Hello, fellow ebayers. Does anyone know if there's currently a coupon? I have my eye on a bag and was hoping to figure a way to lower the price. Thanks in advance.

Hello, fellow ebayers. Does anyone know if there's currently a coupon? I have my eye on a bag and was hoping to figure a way to lower the price. Thanks in advance.
I just checked eBay. I think I saw a 20% coupon on “luxury bags”. Not sure what luxury entails as I stick mostly to RM. Hopefully you will qualify

Do you have a quick question that you would like to get answered but do not want to start a whole thread? Here is the new thread to post in! I am hoping that by having a thread such as this it will eliminate the OT posts in some of the other non-related threads.

Please post your questions here and I'm sure our knowledgeable members will do their best to get you an answer. If a question turns into several pages of discussion/ debate or a whole drawn out situation, I will separate the relevant posts and turn in into it's own thread.

Let's see how this goes! :biggrin:

Please note that any 'authenticate this' type posts will be deleted. There is a whole section of appropriate thread for authenticity questions here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/announcement.php?f=126&a=35

and here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this/
Experience with ems shipping? Over a week ago I bought a BIN bag and it’s been shipped. I live in Italy and noticed that the updates have changed from English to Italian. Does this mean it has arrived in Italy and it’s stuck in customs? This is the update from eBay. The tracking that the seller gave me is for the ems postage service and says it’s still in Tokyo.

“Dispatch from outward office of exchange “ this is what it says. Has been at this status for 6 days.

I just received an item from eBay that I’ve filed under SNAD, seller described as NWOT but it’s clearly used. Question is does eBay put a hold on seller’s money until it’s resolved. Gotta wait for a week before eBay will step in. Thanks ladies.