eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

Well good news, woke up this morning and my return request was accepted without a peep and a return label provided. I feel bad for future buyers, should I report only his counterfeit items to ebay? What would you do?
That's great! If there is enough evidence in the pictures, you can report the counterfeit items by using the report button.

I understand what you're saying from a sellers prospective. But I found a 3rd counterfeit scarf from the same seller :amazed::sad:

I did not accuse him but simply pointed out the inconsistencies to the real thing but seeing an additional 3 scarves listed is not good. Kind of harder for the seller to claim innocence. And I feel bad for the future buyers. I don't know why I didn't see this when I was bidding. I do my due diligence on sellers especially when the items are expensive.
Is it possible to find out the ebay ID? I’ll PM you! I’ve recently purchased a few scarves on ebay and am now paranoid since you said “him!”

Reactions: Addicted to bags
I followed everyone’s advice and opened a case which was decided in my favor in less than 24 hours. The seller’s not happy with me.

New message from: nwtandvintage2 (436Turquoise Star)

Dear Buyer;

I wrote to you several times saying I would provide a refund if you returned it, instead you asked Ebay to step in knowing full well as a seller that would affect my rating.
Again, as a fellow seller if you are being honest we could have worked this out.

I love how she uses the word honest. As in she’s an honest seller. This is a person who used stolen images and descriptions — for an item listed as used by Fashionphile, no less — and listed it herself as NWT.

I’m not getting into a message war with her and I know I’m going to have to be careful when I neg her. But oh, it’s tempting to smack her hard. It wouldn’t do any good. She’s done it before to other buyers so this wasn’t an oversight.

Ugh!

Reactions: Luvpurplepurses
I followed everyone’s advice and opened a case which was decided in my favor in less than 24 hours. The seller’s not happy with me.

New message from: nwtandvintage2 (436Turquoise Star)

Dear Buyer;

I wrote to you several times saying I would provide a refund if you returned it, instead you asked Ebay to step in knowing full well as a seller that would affect my rating.
Again, as a fellow seller if you are being honest we could have worked this out.

I love how she uses the word honest. As in she’s an honest seller. This is a person who used stolen images and descriptions — for an item listed as used by Fashionphile, no less — and listed it herself as NWT.

I’m not getting into a message war with her and I know I’m going to have to be careful when I neg her. But oh, it’s tempting to smack her hard. It wouldn’t do any good. She’s done it before to other buyers so this wasn’t an oversight.

Ugh!
You did nothing wrong. When you open a case, all she has to do is click the box that says accept the return. Then you wouldn't have had to escalate. In fact, ebay makes it very difficult to not check that box. It is prechecked every time you go to the return request. It is very easy to accidentally accept a return. I did that once.

You did nothing wrong. When you open a case, all she has to do is click the box that says accept the return. Then you wouldn't have had to escalate. In fact, ebay makes it very difficult to not check that box. It is prechecked every time you go to the return request. It is very easy to accidentally accept a return. I did that once.

Question: do I neg the seller or just let it go?

Reactions: Addicted to bags
That's up to you. I've been letting most bad situations go because I don't want other sellers to think I'm a bad buyer. If the seller was really unpleasant I might leave a negative. The seller is already getting a defect from ebay.

I'm the same way, I don't want sellers to think I'm a bad buyer, so I let it go most of the time. I've only given one negative, for INR, and no communication. I wasn't going to at first, but then I decided to look them up on Facebook. The item was a model horse (I collect them) so it was easy to find her, she had pics of horses, etc. Anyway, she was active on FB after I purchased it (posted pics), so nothing happened to her. She eventually did contact me after 3 weeks, and used the excuse that something was wrong with her phone/app. Yeah right, how did she post pics on FB then (I know she could have used another device, but still).

I have a question on how to deal with the seller. I haven't had this happened before.

My nine-year-old daughter decided she wanted to buy a retired American girl doll with her own money on eBay. I inquired with a couple sellers and we decide to go with one that would ship priority mail so she could have it by the end of her spring break. We paid on Sunday evening this week and he had told me he would ship in three days at the most which would be Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon I sent him a message because I hadn't heard anything. No response. I sent him a message Thursday asking if there was an issue and to let me know. Still no response. How long do I let it go before I involve eBay?I saw he just got feedback for another doll order for an auction that ended the same day ours did: thoughts?

I have a question on how to deal with the seller. I haven't had this happened before.

My nine-year-old daughter decided she wanted to buy a retired American girl doll with her own money on eBay. I inquired with a couple sellers and we decide to go with one that would ship priority mail so she could have it by the end of her spring break. We paid on Sunday evening this week and he had told me he would ship in three days at the most which would be Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon I sent him a message because I hadn't heard anything. No response. I sent him a message Thursday asking if there was an issue and to let me know. Still no response. How long do I let it go before I involve eBay?I saw he just got feedback for another doll order for an auction that ended the same day ours did: thoughts?
Although I don't agree with this, some sellers don't respond because if they're silent, they get an automatic 5-star rating on communication. So that could be the reason for the lack of reply.
  • What does the listing show as the handling time?
  • How far is the item going? Cross country or just a few states over?
  • Have you checked your transaction on your "my ebay" to see if there's a tracking number that's showing?
  • I believe that the transaction should also show an estimated delivery date. What is that?
If the seller has/had a 3-day handling period and shipped on Wednesday, you probably wouldn't receive it before Saturday anyway and although ebay likes to tell you priority mail is 2-3 days, that's not guaranteed and you still might not receive until Monday.

Although I don't agree with this, some sellers don't respond because if they're silent, they get an automatic 5-star rating on communication. So that could be the reason for the lack of reply.
  • What does the listing show as the handling time?
  • How far is the item going? Cross country or just a few states over?
  • Have you checked your transaction on your "my ebay" to see if there's a tracking number that's showing?
  • I believe that the transaction should also show an estimated delivery date. What is that?
If the seller has/had a 3-day handling period and shipped on Wednesday, you probably wouldn't receive it before Saturday anyway and although ebay likes to tell you priority mail is 2-3 days, that's not guaranteed and you still might not receive until Monday.
Oh my... I had NO idea on communication! Funny seller was quick when I was interested in buying.

It said ship with 3 business days and that's what seller told me which would be by Monday. Cross country however Priority Mail which means 2-3 days for that. No tracking under transaction☹️

If I look under estimate if goes to april 4th but that's because no tracking added, current listings show the same.

I just hate the no response!!! Just update me...I feel sorry for my daughter.

Thanks for responding!

Oh my... I had NO idea on communication! Funny seller was quick when I was interested in buying.

It said ship with 3 business days and that's what seller told me which would be by Monday. Cross country however Priority Mail which means 2-3 days for that. No tracking under transaction☹️

If I look under estimate if goes to april 4th but that's because no tracking added, current listings show the same.

Thanks for responding!
I would get the seller's phone number from eBay and call them.

Thanks for responding!
I'm not so sure about the seller not responding due to getting 5 stars for communication. It was my understanding that he gets 5 stars automatically for communication if there is no communication. Once there is communication, though, I believe you can rate him for communication, so he is just hurting himself by not responding.

Open an INR case as soon as ebay allows you to do so.

3 business days would have been yesterday. Just an FYI.

I'm not so sure about the seller not responding due to getting 5 stars for communication. It was my understanding that he gets 5 stars automatically for communication if there is no communication. Once there is communication, though, I believe you can rate him for communication, so he is just hurting himself by not responding.

Open an INR case as soon as ebay allows you to do so.

3 business days would have been yesterday. Just an FYI.

Thank you both. Seller FINALLY responded and claims he shipped Tuesday. Finally marked item as shipped but provided NO tracking information but said it should arrive today. I'm out of town so had a friend stop by....nothing. I messaged him again asking for tracking details. My daughter is so sad.

Thank you both. Seller FINALLY responded and claims he shipped Tuesday. Finally marked item as shipped but provided NO tracking information but said it should arrive today. I'm out of town so had a friend stop by....nothing. I messaged him again asking for tracking details. My daughter is so sad.
If he shipped USPS you should be able to see an estimated delivery and tracking under the USPS informed delivery page. That is how I have had to track down packages when the seller went silent.

Reactions: Catbird9