Ebay Auction Thread For Posting Bags! Yes Or No? Poll!

Ebay Auction Thread For Posting Bags! Yes Or No? Poll!

• YES... please!!!

• NO way... are you crazy?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I much, much prefer the individual postings for authentic ebay auctions. This way, you are immediately alerted to a new bag being available, all discussion about this bag is in one location, and you can easily follow the auction from the beginning to its conclusion. It also contributes to the excitement of visiting the forum ... to see those titles like, "Egpplant City, anyone?" (I wish... :smile: ).

I voted yes because I am obsessed about stickies and having everything grouped neatly. People seem to forget that stickies are searchable! I like the current stickies we have because once upon a time there were way too many questions about leather differences, color, and size. Now it's all up there!

I agree that it's totally appropriate for the "documenting" type threads (including the "photos wearing..."). I don't think it is as appropriate for time-sensitive things like eBay.

For that reason, I don't really like the "Authenticate.." sticky either. I have to fish through it in order to find all the messages about a particular one...and searching it isn't practical. I tried searching on auction # and it doesn't work. I thought it might work since the auction # is in the link, but for some reason it doesn't find it (maybe because it compresses the link in order to prevent wrapping?). This means I have to go through several pages to make sure that the auction hasn't already been mentioned .. I don't like to repeat asking about a certain auction.

Is there any possibility of making subforums under Balenciaga? We could have an "authenticate this" subforum, and an "authentic ebay auctions" subforum ...

By the way, I'd like to thank the mods for bringing this up for discussion when realizing there wasn't 100% consensus on this. You are doing a great job! :smile:

byMiMi said:
make sure you vote in the poll! because those are the votes we will be looking at in the end!

regarding the posts - it's fine to post ebay auctions (we've been told!) but according to the rules, you can NOT POST YOUR OWN auctions.

Hi MiMi,
Thanks for that clarification! PS: voting 'YES' on the auction sticky.
:yahoo:

mlertpac said:
I voted yes because I am obsessed about stickies and having everything grouped neatly. People seem to forget that stickies are searchable! I like the current stickies we have because once upon a time there were way too many questions about leather differences, color, and size. Now it's all up there!

Ditto! Love organization! Also, it seems to me, even being pretty new to the forum, that there's tremendous interest in buying pre-owned bags, and the posting of members' auctions is much appreciated. And it's good for the seller, too! Also, since Ebay id's and tPF id's are rarely the same, we have no way of knowing if it's a member's auction or not, unless it is specifically disclosed via a separate thread.

Well, I voted yes because there's a lot of discussion of these auctions already and much of it is interesting. The current authenticate thread is confusing. I was once posting about one bag and somehow managed to post about another bag. I'm not sure how all the threads will be kept distinct and there's the issue of closed auction threads. Maybe they could be moved once the auction ends to a different sub-area?

susan-eric said:
Well, I voted yes because there's a lot of discussion of these auctions already and much of it is interesting. The current authenticate thread is confusing. I was once posting about one bag and somehow managed to post about another bag. I'm not sure how all the threads will be kept distinct and there's the issue of closed auction threads. Maybe they could be moved once the auction ends to a different sub-area?

That's a good idea, susan-eric.

yes, i also agree with susan-eric. this is also the problem i found when i post at autheticate this subs. people were overlapping my questions, and suddenly people's attention was focused to newer thread and mine is forgotten :crybaby: