EastEnders: Do You Still Watch Every Episode?

I'm bumping this thread back to life (hopefully). I'm in America and I think the Eastenders episodes I'm getting here are from 2009 or so. I found the Eastenders website and online episodes, but I don't even know who these new people are! Peggy is listed in the former cast list and she's still very much present in my Eastenders world! LOL

Would anyone be willing to give a brief update? In my Eastenders, Dennis has just been released from prison and has just met Sharon and clashed with Phil. Barry's father just died and he's at odds with poor Pat. Alfie has unrequited love towards Kat - obviously they're married now. Sam and Ricky are living together but Ricky hates her and loves Natalie who just left Barry. Ian just stole a catering contract from pregnant Laura who is allied with Phil and Pat against him.

How far behind am I? Also, there seems to be a spinoff show called E20? I can't access the episodes - are they worth it? Thanks in advance for any updates! :smile:

Hi Addictista. I can't really help you too much because what we are getting in Canada is also years behind the current episodes - but I think from the description you are severak years behind even us here (I think we are in 2009 or thereabouts).

Alfie, Dennis, Sharon, Sam and Kat are all long gone at this point - and Barry left before I even started watching and I have been watching for at least five years. And I have absolutely no idea who Ricky and Laura are!

Thanks BookerMoose! :smile: Wow - I didn't realize I was that far back! I try to gauge the year from the fashions and music playing in the Vic but it's hard. I guess I should just enjoy whatever year I'm getting.

I will say I'd be glad to see Barry leave - I'm not a fan of his character.

My word, you are years behind ! Think this was around 2005 ? I couldn't even begin to fill you in on what's happened ! I have a PF friend in the US who watches it but she's only a few months behind us, I could ask her which channel she watches it on so you're more up to date ?

My word, you are years behind ! Think this was around 2005 ? I couldn't even begin to fill you in on what's happened ! I have a PF friend in the US who watches it but she's only a few months behind us, I could ask her which channel she watches it on so you're more up to date ?

Thanks! I get Eastenders on my local PBS station - and it only airs 2 episodes a week. I think in the UK it airs 5 times a week, so I see 8 episodes a month vs. your 20 or so. I didn't realize how far behind I really am - 6 years is a lot! It's probably best if I just stay where I am then. I wish BBC America would start airing episodes here.

Thanks pellarin22! I'll be excited for Bianca's return and to see her children!

I'm also an Eastenders fan and have watched for years. We're lucky here in Canada. EE has been on BBC Canada for many years and now we get it on Vision TV.

I'm watching the same as Pellarin22 - Max has just come out of a coma and Peggy and Archie are engaged.

I love the Mitchell brothers - Grant's gone but Phil is still one of my favorites.

Hi Addictista

I am in California and am watching the same EE timeframe as you. It is the year 2003. We have a lively group over on this active board: http://s4.zetaboards.com/EE_Fans/index/

We talk about all things EastEnders in our current year of 2003. We are all caught up to November 4th, 2003. Everyone is welcome. I go by Velvet on that board. We are in the midst of starting a tape train as well. There are hardly any PBS stations still showing the episodes. I hope you join us!

Fellow East Ender fan here! It airs on WETA in the DC Area every Saturday at 9 am. I have not woken up in time to see it in a few weeks. The last episode I saw Kat and Alfe got married. I have been watching East Enders for years!