Ears multiple pierced ?

Not necessarily

Eventually they would close up like they were never there
This is very much depedent on the individual. I have piercings I haven't worn anything in for decades, and the holes are still there - both visible and able to wear earrings in. Once I have a piercing that heals, it never goes away, even if I go a decade without wearing anything in it. I understand that others are different, but even so, it is rare for the evidence of the piercing to ever go away completely, even if the hole heals back together on the inside. IMO, it is inadvisable to get a piercings and then depend on them to later "close up like they were never there" unless one already knows their body heals that way.

I think it also depends on the earrings… and where.

I’ve had mine fully closed (to be fair I always use tiny dainty ones) and I’ve since branched out to ones where the holes are a teeny bit bigger to support bigger pieces… but the biggest I have is about 1 cm to maybe 1/2 of inch… haven’t allowed those to close… but I still use clear plugs because I’m afraid they’ll close when doing MRIs, PET/CT scans.

You need to look at the "architecture" of your ear and see what would balance its shape, and flatter your face! And think about whether you want the piercing to be seen from the front or the side.

For the practical side, I still advise you to avoid piercings whose tip would arrive too close to the hollow behind the ear (because it is uncomfortable on the long term, and not easy to clean!)

Finally, for the choice of the jewel, try to take something of passe-partout, because you will have to wear it continuously during rather a long time (sometimes more than one year, according to the place of the piercing) so it has to go with your other pieces!