Dust Bags Bleeding Onto Your Shoe??

my newest shoes are on "display" for the time being lol. otherwise i store my shoes in their boxes with the tissue paper and use the dust bags ONLY when i'm traveling. and i put each shoe in their own bag to ensure they don't scratch each other. i picked up on the bleeding thing with color transfer and LV. it can happen on anything really. when i bought my LV keepall 45, i was surprised it didn't come with a dustbag. the bag is not that big, but it bothered me that it didn't have one to protect it. so, i asked my grandmama who lives far away from me (who is a seamstress) if she would make a dustbag for me and gave her the measurements of the bag. i felt terrible when she sent me the bag she had made for me because i know she went to the fabric store and picked up the softest material she could find. it's a deep maroon fleece. i was so scared of the color rubbing off onto my virgin handles that i didn't use it for a while. i felt so bad cuz she'd made it for me, but it was my fault for not telling her to pick a neutral color. i am using the bag she made me now, but only because my handles have patina-ed and have a nice shiny coating on them so they'll be less likely to transfer. no problems in the last 2 years i've used it, but i can totally see the dustbag bleeding onto CLs...esp suede and satin :shocked:

I'm kind of in the dark here with this - how does the dustbag dye a patent shoe? I haven't had any issues yet and I store my shoes in the dustbag in the box.

Seems like I have been lucky, and I can understand how kid leather can be susceptible to color transfer, but patent leather? I never would have thought.

I'm kind of in the dark here with this - how does the dustbag dye a patent shoe? I haven't had any issues yet and I store my shoes in the dustbag in the box.

Seems like I have been lucky, and I can understand how kid leather can be susceptible to color transfer, but patent leather? I never would have thought.

any kind of leather is poreous, so something as deep red as the dust bags absolutely can transfer onto the shoe. it could probably transfer onto or discolor the coating used to patent-ize the shoe as well. if you know what i mean.

Hmm, I haven't had any issues with my darker shoes, but I won't let the red dustbag touch my lighter ones. I think I stuck my nudes (nappa) in the dustbag for travel and noticed a bit of red on them. I freaked out and have since stopped storing all but one pair in the dustbags.

I want white dustbags. I really do. Come on Msr. Louboutin! The red is nice, but it's not cool!

I do something similar to Alice but my dustbag is on top of the tissue paper so when you open the box you see dustbag, tissue paper, and then shoes :smile:

I actually do this also and I know it may seem like it renders the bag useless, but for me it is like opening a brand new pair of shoes every time. I ONLY use the dustbags when traveling. Msr Louboutin should change the color to a safer neutral, other designers certainly have done the same over the years (Fendi, etc.).

i had no idea about the bags bleeding onto the shoes.... I just got a pair of light grey miss tacks and i'm going to take out the dustbag asap... luckily all my patents are black. I find that the dustbag is good for preventing scratches on the metallic finishes.

i worried about this with my nude kid simples, so i keep them in the box, but place the tissue paper in between the shoes and the bag inside of the box

This is exactly what I do. Red dust bag on the bottom of the box, a few layers of tissue paper on top of that, and then the shoes. A few pairs are inside their dustbags in a box but they are wrapped in tissue paper first.

When I travel, if I do use the red dustbags, the shoes are securely wrapped in tissue first. Otherwise, if I'm only bringing a pair or two, I use a white shoe dustbag I got from NM during a promotion.

I remember reading something on here quite a while ago about bleeding issues and as soon as I read that, I ran to my closet and fixed everything!!

I, too, wish CL would start using neutral dustbags. Manolo uses off-white ones and I don't worry about those bleeding onto my shoes at all!

You know, there's that saying somewhere ask and you will receive (or something like that)

Well I just got off the phone with my SA and yup he confirmed it! There is a white dust bag. He said they just started getting them. You can request it instead of the usual red one.

He's sending me a few for my shoes.

Isn't this wonderful news!!!!

Oh this IS great news! Awesome!

I have never used the red dustbags. I have them on top of the tissue in the boxes. I use Jimmy Choo dustbags for travel. They are a a purpl-y white and they are safe for me.

Good morning ladies.

After another conversation with my SA he confirms that the WHITE dust bag was not created just for wedges. Mr. Louboutin is aware of the color transfer and created this dust bag for people who request them for their lighter shoes.

He admits that some people have called in with color transfer issues and that the company is aware of the situation and they are currently working to make the dust bags better. He also mentioned that that if I compare the older bags to the newer bags I will be able to see that they have already changed the texture of the newer dust bags making them more "tee" like instead of the heavier material previously used.

He also said that anyone can request the white dust bag if shoes are purchased at the boutique instead of the usual red one. Currently only boutiques carry the white bag.

He also stated that Mr Louboutin will not change the color of the dust bag because it's a signature but he will continue to produce the white ones for the people who do not want the red bag.

hmmm.... the red dustbag'll stain strass crystls? :wtf: guess I better move my AB piggies out of them!

I heard about plenty of colour transfer complaints with LV's vernis, so luckily I've been aware of that for patent leather in general.... then I heard more about lighter coloured kid leather suffering from same issue.

needless to say, I stopped using CL's dustbags pretty soon. whenever I get a new pair, I always re-arrange the box, so the dustbag sits under all the tissue paper ;)